PDA

View Full Version : Iso Mass Extreme Gainer

TyC22
04-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Anyone know of a good place to get this cheap? The price has skyrocketed since it first came out. Also heard they were discontinuing strawberry?

KCBARBELLJOE
04-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Any reason you really want this mix?
Why not just buy a protein powder, add oatmeal, peanut butter, and a banana?

TyC22
04-08-2014, 04:36 PM
It has a lot of things that I like in it, good quantity for the price and it works for me. Always open to new and better ideas and supplements

deltr
04-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Any reason you really want this mix?
Why not just buy a protein powder, add oatmeal, peanut butter, and a banana?
I like the DIY aspect, but maybe joe is looking for an easier solution.

Joe, it's on amazon for about 100 bucks.

KCBARBELLJOE
04-08-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm not really sure what's in it, that you can't get elsewhere. Then again I am just against mass gainers. Food is best, followed by protein powder mixed with food.

Let me break down the ingredient list that best I can.

Proteins-Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Protein Isolate, Micellar Alpha And Beta Caseins And Caseinates, Lactoferrin
yeah that's good stuff. Has the "blend" of protein so protein is absorbed slowly overtime. (WARNING BROSCIENE INCOMING) Food mixed with protein powder will slow down the absorption rate. (End of Broscience)

Carbs-5 DE Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Oat Fiber. The first two are a fast and slow digestion carb. In theory it seems good. But I like to use natural products as much as possible. Which is weird. Because I am anything but natural. lol. I personally would just use oats for all my carbs, and throw in a banana to get some vitamins and micronutrients.

Fats-Enzyme Modified Sunflower Oil Powder, Medium Chain Triglyceride Powder, Borage Oil Powder (Seed), Flax Seed Oil Powder, Conjugated Linoleic Acid Powder (CLA), Canola Oil And Omega 3. Lots a stuff here, peanut butter again natural peanut butter has GREAT Omega 3-6-9 profile. There I go again, recommending natural peanut butter.

Crea Mass-7g total Creatine Monohydrate, Tricreatine Malate, Kre-AlkalynŽ, Creatine Orotate, Creatine Alpha Ketoglutarate, Creatine Ethyl Ester, Creatine Pyruvate. Go with plain old creatine monohydrate, the most studied and proven. Cheapest as fuck too.

Vita Mass-gives a 33% across the board, I would recommend a multi daily to cover this. It will give you 100%. Orange triad is my favorite, has joint and digestive health included. It's six pills a day though:eek:

Gluta Mass-very cheap to supplement. But you need to take high dosages. It's supposed to help with recovery. But well...I know of something else that will help recovery more than glutamine ever will, lol!

N.O. Mass-good stuff here

BCAAs-if your protein powder doesn't have a BCAA break down return it. Also look into BCAA spiking, some companies are ripping people off.

Fuck I am bored right now.

My recommendation would be
2 scoops protein
2tbps natty PB
1cup oats
5oz banana
around

850cal
23f
98c
68p

also this way, you don't have to buy a protein and a mass gainer just one. Bananas, oats, and peanut butter should be staples in your diet. They are cheap and common as fuck. So I am going to assume you already have them. You could also throw in a green supplement to get 100% vitamins, all your servings of vegetables, and micros

Hope that helped and did not come off as just rambling

Best of luck!

FrankieTheWop
04-09-2014, 12:17 PM
That was sweet of you takin your time kcbarbell. Taught me a little too lol. Repped!

KCBARBELLJOE
04-09-2014, 12:22 PM
all i want to do is help people bro

TyC22
04-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Yes. Thank you very much for the time you spent. I do appreciate it and it is very useful knowledge. Can't thank you enough. I will give it a go