• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

OXYTOCIN...reduced social anxiety, intensifies orgasms and erectile ability

JJB1

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
'Love Hormone' Oxytocin May Intensify Orgasms
04/04/14 11:10 AM ET
By Rachael Rettner, Senior Writer Published: 04/04/2014 05:00pm EST on LiveScience

A dose of the "love hormone" oxytocin may make people's orgasms more intense, a new study from Germany suggests.

In the study, 29 healthy couples who'd been together for at least a year took either an oxytocinnasal spray or a placebo spray before having sex in their home. After intercourse, participants completed a survey about their sexual experience as well as their feelings toward their partner.

Oxytocin had no effect on sex drive or arousal for either men or women, nor did it affect the ability to achieve an erection for men, or vaginal lubrication for women. [11 Interesting Effects of Oxytocin]

But those who took oxytocin before sex — especially men — reported slightly more intense orgasms, as well as greater levels of contentment after sex. In addition, men who took oxytocin said they felt more sexually sated after sex than those who took the placebo.

Some women who took oxytocin reported that they were better able to share their sexual desires and empathize with their partners during sex.

"This field study demonstrates that [oxytocin] may alter specific aspects of sexual experience and partner interactions in healthy couples," the researchers, from Hannover Medical School in Germany, wrote in the March issue of the journal Hormones and Behavior.

Previous studies have suggested that oxytocin plays a role in relationship bonding, and the hormone is known to be released from the brain's pituitary gland during orgasm. But few studies have examined whether higher levels of the hormone affect sexual behavior.

The researchers noted that even though oxytocin seemed to intensify people's orgasms, the effect was rather modest. For example, men who took the hormone rated their contentment after sex about half a point higher (on a six-point scale) than those who took the placebo. This may be because oxytocin is already released during sex, so the effect of additional oxytocin may not be very large, the researchers said.

The researchers also noted the study was small and involved adults who reported no sexual problems. Future studies are needed to confirm the findings and to see whether the hormone may help those with sexual dysfunction, such those as low sexual desire or erectile dysfunction, the researchers said.

I just ordered some oxytocin. I'll report on the effects once it arrives. :)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]VIVID DREAMS

Oxytocin, Sleep, and Dreams
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]By Patrick McNamara, Ph.D. on August 27, 2011 - 5:48am[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The neurohormone oxytocin has been found to influence a range of social and affiliative behaviors (MacDonald and MacDonald, 2010). Administration of oxytocin (OT) can enhance trust, empathy and a host of other pro-social feelings (MacDonald and MacDonald, 2010). We know that dreams, particularly dreams associated with the REM state, are primarily about social emotions and social interactions with people close to us and with perfect strangers. Could it be then that OT influences dream content when dreams depict social interactions?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]There is evidence that oxytocin influences sleep processes: Levels of oxytocin peak at around 5 hours after sleep onset when REM sleep predominates.
Blagrove and his colleagues in Britain have been doing some exciting work on this issue. They (Blagrove et al, 2011) recently reported that OT levels are also correlated with stages of light sleep (Stage 2 in the old nomenclature). Dreams from Stage II are just as filled with social interactions as dreams from REM sleep.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Oxytocinergic activity, furthermore, is regulated by nuclei within the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus close to centers that regulate arousal and sleep-wake states. In addition, oxytocin is known to modulate reactivity of the amygdala to social emotions and the amygdala, in turn, is modulated by REM sleep. Despite the multiple ways in which oxytocin may influence sleep and dreams, no study, as far as I know, has directly examined effects of oxytocin administration on sleep and dreams.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I suspect OT dramatically influences the social emotions we find in dreams. If OT influences social emotions in waking life there is no reason to believe it doesn't do so in dreams.[/FONT]

Problems Sleeping? Oxytocin Could Help You Sleep Better - Oxytocin Central.com

OXYTOCIN IMPROVES SLEEP

It’s a common problem. You feel tired, so you go to bed. However, once you get into bed, you find yourself lying awake for hours on end unable to get yourself off to sleep. Forget counting sheep; there may be a better, more effective solution to sleep problems.

Oxytocin influences sleep processes

Although there haven’t been any direct studies linking oxytocin to curing insomnia, scientists do know that oxytocin influences sleep processes, and there is plenty of evidence to back this theory up. A recent study by Blagrove et al, 2011, [1] found that oxytocin levels peak at around five hours after the start of sleep, typically during the REM stages of sleep. The study found that oxytocin levels are correlated with stages of light Stage Two sleep.
Solution for disorders that impact on a person’s sleep
Higher levels of oxytocin in the body have therefore been suggested to lead to a better effectiveness at getting to sleep and staying asleep. Many studies have found that oxytocin can be an effective treatment for disorders that affect sleep, such as depression and social anxiety (MacDonald et al, 2011) [2]. As a result of these findings, it is suggested that oxytocin administration (in the form of an intranasal spray) may also be an effective treatment for direct sleep disorders such as insomnia and dream disorders.

Calming for nightmares

Oxytocin is regularly associated with encouraging emotional bonds between both mothers and their children, and between partners. Research has demonstrated that the hormone connects social relationships in waking life.
The way oxytocin affects people’s sleep is said to be similar to the way it affects their relationships; current evidence from many scientific studies has concluded that oxytocin attenuates amygdalar hyper-responsivity to negatively valences emotional stimuli (Kirsch et al. 2005) [3]. This finding would suggest that, due to the fact that nightmares are linked to abnormal amygdalar activity, taking a dose of oxytocin nasal spray may help the person to sleep and may alleviate the severity of nightmares. It is a theory that Dr. Tammy Tucker, a family physician based in Bentonville, Northwest Arkansas, agrees with whole-heartedly. In her program and book, which promotes general health and wellbeing, she firmly states that oxytocin levels are closely linked to sleep – as well as several other health issues – and that a way of improving sleep quality is by taking a dose of oxytocin nasal spray or drops.

Improves sleep quality and amount

All of this promising research suggests that oxytocin modulates social emotions in dreams. This exciting prospect will no doubt lead to further research, hopefully leading to clues as to how the brain generates dreams and dream content. This would enable us to interpret our dreams more clearly; it could suggest that a person’s dreams are an extension of his or her social cognition.
But what does this mean for those people that are suffering from the crippling effects of insomnia? In short, it means that oxytocin could be found to significantly modulate sleep and sleeping patterns. If this is the case, it could be possible to manipulate a person’s oxytocin levels in order to improve their sleeping ability and quality.

It looks to me that oxytocin will help my insomnia. When you have an orgasm, oxytocin levels spike. After an orgasm you usually want to sleep and it's usually a very peaceful deep sleep. I can't wait til my vial of oxytocin arrives. :)

Some guys report wet dreams from Oxytocin. That would be wild at my age! Hahaha :)

I will be super interested to hear how this goes for you. Theoretically, it should be awesome. But if it was I imagine I would be more widely used. But maybe not enough guys had tried. It looks like it could be very cool. Plea let us know.

Can't wait to try it. Lucid sex dreams are better than real life in my case. Hahaha :)
My pack should arrive tomorrow.

Keep me posted how it goes. I bet the first night will be epic haha ;)

I have the flu so can't begin until I feel
better. A member told me he slept much better last night by using 10-20mcg.

IML Gear Cream!
I just took 20mcg oxytocin and slept like a baby. I'm still bed ridden with a bad flu. The oxytocin at 20mcg gave be a mild flushing, then I was out with vivid dreams. I woke up talking to myself because the dreams were so real. There weren't negatives sides at this dose.

Now that I am using a lower dose of oxytocin, I consistently get a mild flush followed by a very relaxed feeling, then I fall asleep and have dreams that are quite noticeably different than usual. I wake up and have found myself talking out loud, or not sure I'm awake. It's a deeper level of sleep.

Man did I have weird dreams from oxytocin last night. The dreams seem so real it confuses the mind. I woke up gasping for air because I dreamed I was underwater and couldn't get to the underwater dive tank to get oxygen, it was a long way from me. I literally was holding my breath for a long, long time while I was asleep because I thought it was real. I also woke up talking to myself again. I notice I moaned out loud a lot because I could hear myself in my sleep. Must be some deep state of sleep going on.

I am recovering so damn slow from this flu bug but I'm hoping I can start up my training and Igf by Monday. I haven't taken my gear inject in 10 days. That's a new record for me. This bug attacked my kidneys hard so
not about to take AAS til I'm better.

Oxytocin is the one nice thing I can play with while I'm sick. It relaxes me and gives me much deeper sleep. So, here we go.... Going to have a protein drink and take a fat dose of 100mcg. I'm getting more comfortable with oxytocin so I'm bumping it up a bit. Crazy dream time!!! :D

Took 20mcg oxytocin last night. My dreams were so vivid and life like. It's hard to describe the feeling. It's almost like the dream world is actually reality. I find myself talking out loud in my sleep. Last night I had vivid dreams with a hot girl
i used to work with in them. This compound makes me wack off a lot. Hahaha :)

There is a log going on another site for out oxytocin and they are loving it :)

Had very vivid dreams last night from oxytocin. I skipped it the night before and had lousy sleep with no memorable dreams.

Just took a fat 50mcg dose of oxytocin. Bring on the crazy dreams...

Last night's dreams were so real!!! I dreamed I was playing with my favorite cat I had in high school. I miss that cat!

Get Shredded!
The acute effects of intranasal oxytocin administration on endocrine and sexual function in males.

AuthorsBurri A, et al. Show all Journal
Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2008 Jun;33(5):591-600. doi: 10.1016/j.psyneuen.2008.01.014. Epub 2008 Mar 28.

Affiliation
Abstract
The role of the neuropeptide oxytocin (OT) ranges from the modulation of neuroendocrine physiological effects to the establishment of complex social and bonding behaviours. Experimental studies in animals, as well as case reports in humans, suggest that OT affects different aspects of sexual behaviour and has predominantly facilitating properties for sexual appetence and performance. Using a previously established experimental paradigm of sexual arousal and masturbation-induced orgasm, this study investigated the acute effects of intranasal OT application (24I.U.) on endocrine parameters and measures of sexual appetence and function in healthy men (n=10). In a double-blind, placebo-controlled, balanced cross-over design, sexual arousal, and orgasm were induced by an erotic film and masturbation. In addition to the continuous recording of endocrine (OT, cortisol, prolactin, epinephrine, norepinephrine) and cardiovascular data (heart rate), parameters of appetitive, consummatory, and refractory sexual behaviour were assessed using the acute sexual experience scale (ASES). OT plasma levels were significantly elevated after intranasal OT throughout the whole experiment (>60 min). In addition, OT treatment induced significantly higher increases in epinephrine plasma levels during sexual activity without affecting cortisol levels, prolactin levels or heart rate. OT treatment did not alter appetitive, consummatory, and refractory sexual behaviour according to the ASES. However, when subjects were asked about their subjective perception of whether OT or placebo had been applied, eight out of 10 subjects in the OT group answered correctly, thus pointing to an altered perception of arousal. In conclusion, intranasally administered OT leads to a marked increase in OT plasma levels together with increased secretion of catecholamines when subjects are engaged in sexual activity in a laboratory setting. As the effects of OT on sexual behaviour were equivocal, future studies should examine possible facilitating effects further by including males, females, and couples in a field setting, taking into account that OT exerts the most prominent behavioural effects in pair bond formations.

Interactions between dopamine and oxytocin in the control of sexual behaviour.

AuthorsBaskerville TA, et al. Show all Journal
Prog Brain Res. 2008;170:277-90. doi: 10.1016/S0079-6123(08)00423-8.

SAffiliation
Abstract
Dopamine and oxytocin are two key neuromodulators involved in reproductive behaviours, such as mating and maternal care. Much evidence underlies their separate roles in such behaviours, but particularly in sexual behaviour. It is generally believed that central dopaminergic and oxytocinergic systems work together to regulate the expression of penile erection, but relatively little is known regarding how they interact. Thus, this review aims to discuss neuroanatomical proof, neuromodulator secretory profiles in the hypothalamus and behavioural pharmacological evidence which support a dopamine-oxytocin link in three hypothalamic nuclei that have been implicated in sexual behaviour, namely the medial preoptic nucleus, supraoptic nucleus and paraventricular nucleus (PVN). We also aim to provide an overview of potential dopamine-mediated transduction pathways that occur within these nuclei and are correlated with the exhibition of penile erection. The PVN provides the most convincing evidence for a dopamine-oxytocin link and it is becoming increasingly apparent that parvocellular oxytocinergic neurons in the PVN, in part, mediate the effects of dopamine to elicit penile erection. However, while we show that oxytocin neurons express dopamine receptors, other evidence on whether dopaminergic activation of PVN oxytocin cells involves a direct and/or indirect mechanism is inconclusive and further evidence is required to establish whether the two systems interact synergistically or sequentially in the regulation of penile erection.a

Comparing urine levels of oxytocin and a related hormone called vasopressin in biological and adoptive children who lived in Russian and Romanian orphanages, researchers found that oxytocin rose in biological children after having contact with their mothers. The study, published in 2005 in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, showed that oxytocin levels remained static in the adoptive children in the same situation, suggesting a physiological basis for why some adoptive children have difficulty forming secure relationships.

There is a lot of interest regarding oxytocin now. Looking forward to reading more real life experiences from testers :)

Those with PTSD are in a constant state of anxiety and low-grade fear. This anxiety can climax when startled or in trigger situations. It has been found that oxytocin reduces background anxiety in those with PTSD

Oxytocin is also thought to modulate inflammation by decreasing certain cytokines. Thus, the increased release in oxytocin following positive social interactions has the potential to improve wound healing.

Oxytocin increases trust in humans.

AuthorsKosfeld M, et al. Show all Journal
Nature. 2005 Jun 2;435(7042):673-6.

Affiliation
Comment in
Nature. 2005 Jun 2;435(7042):571-2.
Rev Med Suisse. 2005 Jun 8;1(23):1592.
Abstract
Trust pervades human societies. Trust is indispensable in friendship, love, families and organizations, and plays a key role in economic exchange and politics. In the absence of trust among trading partners, market transactions break down. In the absence of trust in a country's institutions and leaders, political legitimacy breaks down. Much recent evidence indicates that trust contributes to economic, political and social success. Little is known, however, about the biological basis of trust among humans. Here we show that intranasal administration of oxytocin, a neuropeptide that plays a key role in social attachment and affiliation in non-human mammals, causes a substantial increase in trust among humans, thereby greatly increasing the benefits from social interactions. We also show that the effect of oxytocin on trust is not due to a general increase in the readiness to bear risks. On the contrary, oxytocin specifically affects an individual's willingness to accept social risks arising through interpersonal interactions. These results concur with animal research suggesting an essential role for oxytocin as a biological basis of prosocial approach behaviour.

MALE ANORGASMIA TREATED WITH OXYTOCIN

ABSTRACT

Introduction.  This is a case report on male anorgasmia that was successfully treated with oxytocin. Oxytocin is increased during arousal and peaks during orgasm. More recently, a study on humans published in Nature has shown its value in social bonding, increasing trust, and enhancing the sense of well-being.

Aim.  To test the effectiveness of administering oxytocin in a case of treatment-resistant anorgasmia.

Methods.  The patient underwent a biopsychosocial evaluation by a psychiatrist trained in sexual medicine and sex therapy for male orgasmic disorder, acquired type. Medical conditions, effect of substances, and psychological issues were ruled out. The patient was properly consented to using oxytocin as an off-label trial. Oxytocin was administered using a nasal spray intracoitally because of its ultra-short half-life.

Results.  Oxytocin was effective in restoring ejaculation.

Back