• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Hey guys, what do you think about my workout program? Rate it.

Exxy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Skip this part if you cba to read it.

It might look like it's not thought through at first glance so that's why it's important you understand a couple of things:

1. Legs are not my focus during this 12 week training split.
2. Shoulders, Back, Chest & Abs (in that order) is the focus of this training split.
3. Starting with training my weak points first in the program (which is my it may look bizarre, i.e. shoulders before legs) with heavy use of volume and relying on the gear to recover.
4. I'm a bit uncertain of a 6/8 day training split, but I wanted to train each muscle group atleast twice per week and saw no other way of getting 'round it (suggestions?)
5. Don't care a bit about my forearms or calves (both are pretty well off too genetically), i'm not gonna pretend to be a bodybuilder and put focus on these parts when I know my entire body could be brought up first.
6. A little thought did go through making this program (actually quite alot), it's not all randomness. I don't squat the day before deadlift, I don't do ab work the day before a squat/deadlift. I don't do shoulders before or the day after a chest workout, and i'm limiting down my deadlift to once per week with low volume as to not fatigue my CNS on this already taxing program.

Day 1: Shoulders, Legs

CG Barbell Shoulder Press 5x8
Military Press with Dumbells 3x10
Wide Grip Upright Rows 4X10
Rear Dealt Flies 3x10
Rope Pulls 3x10
Leg Press 4x10
Lunges 3x8

Day 2: Back, Biceps, Abs

Deadlifts 2x3
T-Bar Rows 3x12
Lat Pulldowns 3x10
Dumbell Rows 3x10
Bicep Exercise 1 3x12
Bicep Exercise 2 3x12
Bicep Exercise 3 3x12
Ab Exercise 1
Ab Exercise 2

Day 3: Chest, Triceps, Abs

Bench Press 5x8
Incline Bench Press 3x10
Chest Flies 3x10
Incline Cable Flies 3x10
Tricep Exercise 1 3x12
Tricep Exercise 2 3x12
Tricep Exercise 3 3x12
Ab Exercise 1
Ab Exercise 2

Day 4: Rest

Day 5: Shoulders, Legs

CG Barbell Shoulder Press 5x8
Behind the neck Press 3x10
Wide Grip Upright Rows 4x10
Rope Pulls 3x12
Rear Delt Flies 3x12
Squats 5x5
Romanian Deads 3x10

Day 6: Back, Biceps, Abs

Barbell Rows 5x10 (with pulls towards lower chest, enabling the traps and upper back more - replacing t-bar row & deadlift).
Lat Pulldowns 3x10
CG Pulldowns 3x12
Dumbell Rows 3x10
Bicep Exercise 1 3x12
Bicep Exercise 2 3x12
Ab Exercise 1 3x12
Ab Exercise 2 3x12

Day 7: Chest, Triceps, Abs

Bench Press 5x8
Incline Bench Press 3x10
Chest Flies 3x10
Incline Cable Flies 3x10
Tricep Exercise 1 3x12
Tricep Exercise 2 3x12
Tricep Exercise 3 3x12
Ab Exercise 1
Ab Exercise 2

Day 8: Rest

Fuck it, nobody is probably not gonna take the time to read all of this (wouldn't blame u), but thought a bit of feedback from some of the more experienced guys before putting it to use wouldn't hurt.

i'm mainly concerned about the amount of volume, sometimes it looks too much, and more often it looks like to little. I've yet to try this program out in the gym yet, but even if I did, the volume could feel alright until I one day can't lift my arms & get out of bed and have to be forced to take a deload 3 weeks in to the program, so I don't think that trying it out in the gym is necessarily the best way to get an estimate on the amount of volume.

Will pin tren a, test p, masteron (50/50/50 mg) ed, if that at all should effect the recovery of this (i'm just assuming the recovery will be great on the use of ANY compounds and there for added the extra volume on my weak parts).

Last edited:
I know for me, this would not work. Just b/c you only have 2 off days. Over training? IDK...for me I need more rest days.

Also, I would run the Tren higher than the Test.

I know for me, this would not work. Just b/c you only have 2 off days. Over training? IDK...for me I need more rest days.

Also, I would run the Tren higher than the Test.

gotcha, it was just really hard to program it in where u hit each body part twice per week and starting to train with ur weak points

The fact that you have set it around YOUR goals is good. I don't think its too much, especially if you are joosed... maybe add an extra day if rest in as needed here and there...

It's not perfect/what I would do. But I feel that it's mainly about how hard you work, not necessarily the program. Looks good enough.

Your frequently and volume are off the charts. You grow when you rest, not in the gym. Not too mention, you put very little effort and volume into the muscles that make up over 60% off your body mass.
You really need to learn a bit more about training and recovery if your going to use gear.

I think it looks like a bit too much...but if you can do it and make gains, it obviously works for you. I personally don't do the same bodypart more than once a week. But that's me.

Back