• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

AAS and Acne

Gibbs

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
  1. Ahh the joys of using performance enhancing drugs, oh how I love to be bigger, faster, and stronger, however as scientist say for every positive there is a negative. So what are one of the many negatives in AAS? Acne, some of us know it to well, some I may be speaking a language they knew when they were in high school with a retainer and no friends...... Raptor! But this is something they have not experienced since then nor understand this thing we speak of. Whenever you are manipulating hormones in your body you can guarantee acne is not only a possibility but also right around the corner.... literally have you looked at your back? Your back and chest are absolute areas that are most effected with acne when on cycle, or coming off cycle. Studies show 1/3 of AAS users are impacted by acne and about 50% of men who get it develop a severe forum known as cystic acne. So the million dollar question that keeps coming up on asf....... How do I get rid of it. So without further adieu or insults to raptor we will now go into that.

One:

*Showertwo times a day, seems a little repetitive but we should be showeringfirst thing in the morning as a lot of us sweat on cycle especiallywhen no tren while sleeping, hit the showers and set the standard forthe day. Next when you go to the gym, or do any manual labor that maycause you to sweat take a shower. If you cannot shower and get sweatychange shirts as soon as possible.

*Use agentle cleanser and a shower puff for scrubbing the troubled areas.

*Avoidscented soaps

*Tanregularly

*Drink lotsof water

Two:

* Over thecounter remedies, this covers all acne creams and washes, make sureit has Benzoyl Peroxide in it. Benzoyl Peroxide is not a long termfix, it is focused on a short term fix so keep that in mind.

Three:

* Anti-Biotics are often issued by doctors to rid you of acne, the downsideis this is not a quick fix, rather you will most likely be on themfor acne for a minimum of three months. A common one that is issuedis Doxy-Cycl, again do not expect miracles over nite. Also Anti-Boitics have an anti anabolic effect and may hinder your cycle youare on.

Four:

* Topicalcreams will be issued by doctors if the anti-biotics seem not towork. These can vary in length of time needed to be on them to seeresults, some take weeks others take months. However do not rulethese out if one doesn’t work for you. There are many to choosefrom.

Five:

* Accutane,this is the one everyone wants to jump to cause they've heard otherssay to use it. The problem is, it is very harsh on your liver. Saygoodbye to steroids and drinking as you cannot do either while onaccutane and most will have to be on for a minimum of three months.So is it worth it? Yes, reason is most people have reported that acnenever came back even when they went back on cycle.

I hope thisanswered some questions and was enlightening for the rest of you!

Great read, gonna keep this in mind for my up coming tren cycle =)

Lol, get Raptor in here.

Wtf! I had a dope ass 86 Buick LeSabre in HS and a bag of green. You guys can eat shit.

I just came off of a Tren cycle and the acne did not hit me until the PCT stage. Just on my upper back. What helped me was the Neutrogena body wash. Worked wonders!

Lmao! My first car was a 1970 Plymouth fury 3. All the white kids made fun of it and all the black kids wanted it because it was a dope pimp ride. I got yo back homie!

The Fury was a fine vehicle dude. My buddy had one and we would wreck havoc on the towns trash cans with it.

I'm on tren E now and my chest and back are horrible, my doc gave me a script for Doxycycline and told me to use Panoxyl soap which has 10% benzyl peroxide. But, it didn't work too well, so I got some 20mg accutane and am taking 1 ED and it's too early to tell if it's working, but from everything I've read on accutane I should be a happy camper in a few months.

IML Gear Cream!
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell JW that the OP is an excellent read.

excellent read my brother, when I return to the office later I will chime in

Thank you everyone who has messaged me thanking me for putting this together. I will try to do one every two weeks. What is a subject you would like me to cover?

-jwgibbons

I would like to know why you always pose with small kittens and only send the pics to Rap. Btw, good read. Looking forward to your next.

Is there any real evidence that the swing in hormone levels cause flare ups? And I'm not just talking about the increase of testosterone. For my test subjects, on cycle it seems that I see a relationship between a rise in estrogen(or perceived rise) and breakouts. I don't have the ability to do weekly bloodwork to back this up, just looking at what I have done and its effect.

After first cycle during PCT had a bad flare up that took a few weeks to get under control. This is when I assume that the test levels have dropped dramatically. First cycle was 12 weeks Test E @ 500mg/wk, standard nolva/clomid PCT with no e control on cycle.

Second cycle I have used adex every few days as I was running test e @ 900 and eq @ 600 /wk. If I missed a few days of adex I started getting oily skin and breaking out. A little adex and cleared up. Bloods 12 weeks in e2 was 22, so not out of range. I never saw any other sides of high e2 so the adex was cautionary.

So can a rapid fluctuation of either hormone cause breakouts? Is a bad breakout during PCT a result of e2 rebound?

Maybe this is common knowledge and I'm stating the obvious, but I can't seem to find concrete info or studies that prove or disprove this relationship. I'd rather manage the cause than fight the effects.

JW how about a thread on liver health on cycle, or break down ancillary's for different compounds like dostinex and prami for tren and Deca and don't use nolva while on tren for gyno, those are 2 good subjects IMHO.

I always use Anti-bacterial soap (Dial), I refuse to use any that are rich in dyes and perfumes.. Also I will soak a in a hot bath of Epsom salt if an when I have a bad brake out..Also I make a habit to change pillow case and sheets often..Also, summer time the salt water is a must, and if Im not near the beach, pools with chlorine,or even hot tubs at the fitness center..Tanning beds, and sun also helps dry out any brake-outs I get! A combo of thee above in moderation does wonders!

Last but not least, controlling fluctuations,and avoiding dips and spikes, and finding balance with estro/test ratio plays a crucial roll!

I didn't realize accutane was that liver toxic. Even at 20mg/day? I rarely drink but looks like I need to cut that to even more rarely lol

Get Shredded!
Is there any real evidence that the swing in hormone levels cause flare ups? And I'm not just talking about the increase of testosterone. For my test subjects, on cycle it seems that I see a relationship between a rise in estrogen(or perceived rise) and breakouts. I don't have the ability to do weekly bloodwork to back this up, just looking at what I have done and its effect.

After first cycle during PCT had a bad flare up that took a few weeks to get under control. This is when I assume that the test levels have dropped dramatically. First cycle was 12 weeks Test E @ 500mg/wk, standard nolva/clomid PCT with no e control on cycle.

Second cycle I have used adex every few days as I was running test e @ 900 and eq @ 600 /wk. If I missed a few days of adex I started getting oily skin and breaking out. A little adex and cleared up. Bloods 12 weeks in e2 was 22, so not out of range. I never saw any other sides of high e2 so the adex was cautionary.

So can a rapid fluctuation of either hormone cause breakouts? Is a bad breakout during PCT a result of e2 rebound?

Maybe this is common knowledge and I'm stating the obvious, but I can't seem to find concrete info or studies that prove or disprove this relationship. I'd rather manage the cause than fight the effects.

Maybe vision can chime in on this one.... thats a little above me brother. Lol

-jwgibbons

JW how about a thread on liver health on cycle, or break down ancillary's for different compounds like dostinex and prami for tren and Deca and don't use nolva while on tren for gyno, those are 2 good subjects IMHO.

I will make it a point to do an article pertaining to one of those subjects

-jwgibbons

The best way to sum this up and not confuse people... Have you ever noticed an increase of acne on a females face during PMS? Hormonal fluctuations..

The same applies with males, from E1-E2-E3, also from free flowing test levels, and/or the peak blood levels vs the actually peak of the activity in the blood from the drugs..

Basically here, the human body loves balance, If you ever heard of the term Homeostasis, this represents the body's love of static systems with in the endocrine/body as a whole. It tries/likes to keep everything in check, muscle mass,fat levels,hormones,neurotransmitters, and basically overall body weight in a narrow spectrum/range..So, when we start introducing hormones it effects many of the check systems in the body, and off sets the balance,when one fails, there's usually be an other that can pick up the slack but temporally..
This is why its crucial to get bloods, to know where our levels are at and what to combat of balance out..Also this is a great reason I advocate long esters, as there not as aggressive in the brake down phase from the cleaving effect, to the enzymes that activate the hormone.. Less fluctuations!

I can go on and on about this..However, everyone is different, but one thing that we all have in common is when we have an elevated level of one particular hormone, we can begin to expect a vast amount of all sorts of unwanted side....Water,acne,gyno,lethargic feeling,depression,loss of appetite, we can go on and on...Listen to your body and get bloods!

The best way to sum this up and not confuse people... Have you ever noticed an increase of acne on a females face during PMS? Hormonal fluctuations..

This is exactly what I was thinking about from too many hours trying to find answers, and thanks for confirming some of my questions.

Just try and not use such big words next time, I'm still looking some of them up...

This is exactly what I was thinking about from too many hours trying to find answers, and thanks for confirming some of my questions.

Just try and not use such big words next time, I'm still looking some of them up...

Haha.. Im glad I was able to shed some light.. I tried to avoid how the acne forms, as there is many forms and degrees of it.. I sumitted the basics..

also think of PMS when it comes to sides and such.. Its almost one in the same..

My back right trap is getting littered with acne on cycle. I am probably going to start tanning and have been using epsom salts which helps some..

I was on like 40mg of accutane a day. Had bloods every month and my liver values never went up. And I drank a lot too. Not saying it won't happen but in my experience my values were fine. On cycle I can take like 10mg every 8 days and I'm acne free for the most part.

Back