• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Breaking the barrier

kaoticsolja

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok so I'm looking for some tips to get over my small bicep barrier. I know genetics have a heck of alot to do with it and I'm tired of my shallow gene pool. I'm 8 weeks into cycle 500 test cyp 250 deca (joints) and a dex.im at 15 and 1/4 arms 5 foot 7. Here's my arm day. This is all heavy lifting to failure

Ez preacher curl 3 sets of 10 or failure
Overhead triceps extension 3 sets 10
Cable - heavy as I can stand... straight bar in close curls 3 of 10 or failure
Superset with triceps pull downs
21s on the cable with medium weight
Superset one handed triceps pulls
Standing ex bar curled 3 sets to fail
Tricep rows idk leaned over triceps kick backs (probably called something like that)maybe 10 sets of 3
Then burn out with machine on triceps push downs light weight high rep 15 or so
And then negative curls on the machine as much as I can stand

I'm tanked and couldn't write my name after my arm day...just like the other 4 days I train.im eating great as I have gained 20 pounds on cycle and strength is way up. But as my back neck chest measurements all change I'm stuck at 15 inch arms. Some advice would be great. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Hmm seems kinda like what I do now....i mean don't get me wrong I'll use what I am reading but it's actually very similar to my method

I am interested in this medium and high volume and de loading that he talks about

Rich Piana's 8 hour arm workout lol
I'm actually considering trying it sometime, when I don't have anything going on for a few days.

Rich Piana's 8 hour arm workout lol
I'm actually considering trying it sometime, when I don't have anything going on for a few days.

It's freaking brutal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh, STOP WORKING YOUR ARMS. Jeez, I'm surprised you have 15's with all that damn volume. Do this, NO ARMS, for exactly two weeks. Measure them and come back and I'll give you a guaranteed method to add an inch to them.
No playground rules, HONOR SYSTEM, NO ARM work for 14 days. Then I'll give you my secret.
Oh, my arms measure 18 inches when I'm at 198 and 19 when I'm at 220. I know how to grow arms.

14! 14 days?! I dunno if I could do that...i might break out in an e2 fit and cry....how about 8 days...is this negotiable?

On second thought I just might do this..i might throw in legs again instead of arms... ok Junk I will do what I can to avoid the siren song of bis tris

Uh, STOP WORKING YOUR ARMS. Jeez, I'm surprised you have 15's with all that damn volume. Do this, NO ARMS, for exactly two weeks. Measure them and come back and I'll give you a guaranteed method to add an inch to them.
No playground rules, HONOR SYSTEM, NO ARM work for 14 days. Then I'll give you my secret.
Oh, my arms measure 18 inches when I'm at 198 and 19 when I'm at 220. I know how to grow arms.

He may want cut 18"s rather than fat 19"s. There's nothing awesome about 19" arm if 2" of is fat.

I work my bis and tris twice a week but sport a cut and defined 18".

IML Gear Cream!
Always 2 sides to the coin...i am in the 15% realm right now cause I'm on a bulk but would like to sit at 13 when all is said and done with 18s.....i mean this make take a while but that's the plan

He may want cut 18"s rather than fat 19"s. There's nothing awesome about 19" arm if 2" of is fat.

I work my bis and tris twice a week but sport a cut and defined 18".

Uh, what makes you think I'm fat? AT 198 my bf is so low I could go onstage at any amateur bodybuilding and be top 6 easy. That said, I'm really to damn old to carry such a low body weight anymore. At 220 I still have ab's and, as said, 19 inche arm's. Don't make unwarrented assumptions as to someone's bodyfat measures. Good for you that you can work your arms twice a week and have 18 inch arms.
The op cannot. His volume alone is ludacris not to mention he's three inches shorter than I and I presume much lighter.
Also, I have to ask you, do you think you could sport 19 inch arms if you stopped overworking them?
Let's kick this pig after the two weeks though as I'm sure the OP will have actually added size to his arms in that period just by letting them fully recover.

I've done Piana's 8 hour work out with a buddy and eventually they just numb up and fill with cortisol. My arms did swell another inch or so but it was of an inflammatory nature, not gonna stay like that. I used to sit at 16.5s for a long time because I thought training arms is what creates big arms. It wasn't until I really started using big heavy compound movements that my arms started to blow up. Also, remember arm size is 2/3 tricep. BB skullcrushers + weighted dips are great for those arm oriented days but lay off training just arms for awhile and instead look at improving the big 4. I think you would be surprised

Uh, what makes you think I'm fat? AT 198 my bf is so low I could go onstage at any amateur bodybuilding and be top 6 easy. That said, I'm really to damn old to carry such a low body weight anymore. At 220 I still have ab's and, as said, 19 inche arm's. Don't make unwarrented assumptions as to someone's bodyfat measures. Good for you that you can work your arms twice a week and have 18 inch arms.
The op cannot. His volume alone is ludacris not to mention he's three inches shorter than I and I presume much lighter.
Also, I have to ask you, do you think you could sport 19 inch arms if you stopped overworking them?
Let's kick this pig after the two weeks though as I'm sure the OP will have actually added size to his arms in that period just by letting them fully recover.

My bad bro, that shit didn't come out like it was supposed to. I wasn't saying you were fat. I was trying to convey that he should concentrate on actually grow the muscles instead of making them bigger just by adding bf by eating etc. I was trying to say that some ppl grow with less training and some need more to grow. I was stuck at 15" just training once a week, switched to twice a week and they took off. I wasn't saying anything about you personally. I apologize

Hey guys I appreciate both sides of the coin. I'm going to lay off the arm for a 14 days focus on my big 3 and keep eating then when I hop back on ill see how my arms are responding. ...Btw I think my triceps are dominant that's why I want the biceps look

I'm all ears for am arm routine. I've done both, worked arms twice a week and once a week. Last year I did twice a week and this year I'm only working them once a week, but haven't seen much of a difference yet. So I'm game for a new routine.

I'm all ears for am arm routine. I've done both, worked arms twice a week and once a week. Last year I did twice a week and this year I'm only working them once a week, but haven't seen much of a difference yet. So I'm game for a new routine.

First thing is to leave the "routine" out of it. I do a light day then a heavy day then a mix of the two. I also do bis and tris together. Blast the whole arm. For tris, nothing worked better than heavy skull crushers but do a lot of pull downs, extensions, kickbacks. Bis consist of preachers, concentration curls, across the chest hammers. Once every week or two I'll concentrate on heavy bb curls . Sometimes I stop when they fatigue and sometimes I stop when they are hurting, not just burning but literally in pain. I don't do this every arm day cuz that'd be counterproductive but at least once a week. This may not work for some but it's the only way I could get them to grow. Completely annihilate them.

First thing is to leave the "routine" out of it. I do a light day then a heavy day then a mix of the two. I also do bis and tris together. Blast the whole arm. For tris, nothing worked better than heavy skull crushers but do a lot of pull downs, extensions, kickbacks. Bis consist of preachers, concentration curls, across the chest hammers. Once every week or two I'll concentrate on heavy bb curls . Sometimes I stop when they fatigue and sometimes I stop when they are hurting, not just burning but literally in pain. I don't do this every arm day cuz that'd be counterproductive but at least once a week. This may not work for some but it's the only way I could get them to grow. Completely annihilate them.

Your speaking my language sir...love doing bis tris lots of supersets...even if it keeps my arms from growing it's one of the most satisfying burns...

Your speaking my language sir...love doing bis tris lots of supersets...even if it keeps my arms from growing it's one of the most satisfying burns...

Yea. It took awhile to nail down what works for me. I tried every other combination and with the Other ways , something always fell behind.

Get Shredded!
I look into that rich Piana 8 hour workout...I'm gonna try it....i have been off 14 days no arms....now my legs and core are very sore lol but no arms

Ok turns out it's been 11 but I'm itching to do arms again...they feel so light and empty

Ok so I did a rich Paria arm routine for my first day back on arms...didn't so the 8 hour but just his regular work....hoping I was maybe just over training

Yea your volume was way to high bro I do preacher, hammer, then arm extensions and rope pull downs, I put 3/4 of an inch on my arms in 4 months

Ya I think this cycle just got me to hyped. ...but I started taking long naps which isn't bad but shows how wore out my body was

I look into that rich Piana 8 hour workout...I'm gonna try it....i have been off 14 days no arms....now my legs and core are very sore lol but no arms

Its mostly just tissue inflammation. Is good for a show, or that one amazing selfie you are just dying to snap. For me it was quite painful but mine just would numb and lock up after about set 12. Make sure to stretch when they start feeling weird lol.

Thanks for the info...i heard you can keep upwards of 25% of the gains on your first session but that's it
..it'd be for walking by my ex wife lol
..more than anything it just seems like a challenge I'd like to complete

So what was the big secret???

HA, now you know there isn't a secret or I'd sell it and go get fat on island full of naked women.
kaoticsolja, hey, you managed 11 days; good enough.
If you bomb your arms the way you do, do consistent low body work, and your arms don't grow then switch to HEAVY ass weight.
I'm not talking about that damn 8-12 rep shit. I mean grab a bar, load it up to a weight where you are leaning back like a newbie to get 5. Use a watch and rest 45 seconds, don't guess, use the damn watch.
Do 3 sets. You're done. Oh yeah, I said it; DONE.
Second arm set of the week:
cross body dumbell curls (I hate these so you should love them) 3 sets of 5 reps; DONE.
Each week, add 5 pounds on barbell, 2 1/2 of dumbell. If you can't do the 2 1/2 on dumbell then go for 7 reps.
You said you were on cycle so I know you'll be fully recovered even at twice a week bi's.
BE PATIENT. Your focus should be hit the 5, no more, and add weight each week.
Literally NOTHING happens the first 3 weeks but the weight moves up and BAMM! week 4,5,6 you will see that change in the fullness and tightness of your biceps.
When doing the dumbells, go for heavy and SQUEEZE that bicep at the top til it cramps; hurts like hell.
Triceps are easy, two excercises: skull crushers, STRICT, skull crushers. You can use an easy curl bar if you like. You want to lie back on the bench and let your elbows go back over your skull and lower the weight til you feel that stretch in the tricep; then EXTEND your hands WITHOUT moving your elbows to far over your head. Again, BIG, NASTY, PAINFUL weight, hell I even wrap my elbows (but Im kinda old).
Static 3 sets, but I find 6 reps works better from my experience with others and myself. (no, I don't know why but 5 kinda misses it and 8 won't let you move that weight up every week)
Second, a compound movement, either close grip bench, dips (no weight). With the bench, keep hands close but not stupid close, and SQUEEZE the tricep to move the weight up. You'll find you hit failure quickly. IF you dip do ONE SET to failure and YOU ARE DONE!!
6 weeks. Use this for 6 weeks then you'll have to change it up.

I presume you work the hell out of your legs; keep it up. Legs can take a MASSIVE amount work and stil come back for more.

I know you'll resist the very low volume but bear in mind really heavy weight creates massive trauma to connective tissue as well as muscle tissue. On cycle you should recover beautifully. That build up of stronger connective tissue will also help with the NEXT evolution.

Back