• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Liver Enzyme Question

Diesel618

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I will be posting my bloodwork in my log as soon as they send it to me via internet, but I got a call from the doc's office today informing me that my liver enzymes were elevated and he wanted to retest in 3 weeks. No real surprise there as I went a little nuts with the orals this last blast, but my question is this:

I've recently introduced Proviron. Now I know it's not a c-17 methyl, and therefore nowhere near as liver toxic as other orals, but do you guys think I should discontinue it just to be safe or am I fine to keep running it? I'm doing 50 mg/day. The only other drugs I'm currently running is 250 mg sust/week, letro, and nolva. Thanks in advance for all replies.

Continue it, you will be fine since proviron is very mild :winkfinger:

"Elevated" can mean lots of things. Did you get exact numbers? Obviously proviron is very mild, but depending on the actual numbers I might discontinue it. For me it would all depend on the actual lab values.

Still waiting on them to send me the exact results. I will post them up as soon as I know. Thanks guys.

if its AST/ALT numbers there talking about then many things a person who lives a bb type lifestyle can do to raise those..there actually pretty poor indicators of actual liver damage...all they represent is inflammation of the liver...lifting heavy within 24-36 hours of testing can raise them way out of range...hydration..protein intake are other factors...

s2H makes good points. The values aren't totally worthless though. Go ahead and post them up along with the bilirubin values as well.

Lets see the labs because ultimately that will dictate the most accurate answer.

You said you are taking nolva...just FYI nolva can raise your AST/ALT also. You might consider switching to toremiphene or clomiphene if this is an option.

Alright guys so they finally sent my results over. Looks like my AST/GOT is 132 IU/L and my ALT/GPT is 194 IU/L. Those numbers are both more than double the top end of the reference range. How worried should I be?

The only other values that were out of range were Red Blood Cell Distribution Width which was high at 15.9 and my eosinophils were high at 4.4%. Lipids were pretty fucked too with HDL at 23 mg/dl and LDL at 130 mg/dl

Have you tested for hepatitis?

If not that might be your next step.

IML Gear Cream!
Also, my hematocrit was 53 which seems high to me but is within the reference range for this lab. I will be donating blood soon regardless before my next blast. Based on these numbers I may be cruising longer than I previously intended though. We'll see how those liver values come down in the next 3 weeks.

Yes I've been tested for hepatitis several times since I got clean of rec drugs and never came back positive. If the numbers don't come down by the retest I will be getting whatever tests my doctor orders.

Yes I've been tested for hepatitis several times since I got clean of rec drugs and never came back positive. If the numbers don't come down by the retest I will be getting whatever tests my doctor orders.

My apologies, I missed the part where you stated you where running orals and I thought you said proviron was the only oral you where using at the time.

I would only worry about hepatitis if you were not running orals.

No worries bro I appreciate all feedback and hep is always the first thought that comes to mind when I think about liver stress because with my past it wouldn't be a shocker at all. But my bilirubin levels are well within range so I'm confident it's tied to the AAS. I was only 1 1/2-2 weeks removed from a superdrol run so I expected them to be elevated a bit but I gotta admit I'm a little shaken at how far above range they are.

I have seen a few guys lately that have issues with orals.

Orals are not absolutely necessary for achieving your goals.

I'm slowly coming around to that idea. Maybe one day if I ever get on stage I will use them in a prep, but I will be steering clear of them for a good while for the time being. Sucks because I just got some dbol and drol in with my last order, but you only get one liver.

I am one that has always had elevated liver enzymes and I have done orals but I take precautions and do low doses

I also take them for short periods of time within my cycles

But now a days I like TNE as a pre-workout rather than orals, just my take on it, but good luck!

Back