• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

I'm devastated (My child was a victim)

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Dear community,
I'm not one to plaster my personal life on the panels, as many of you know I take my job/position serious.. I try to stay professional,regardless of where I'm at and the environment..But today I would like to share something that is really bothering me, as my family and I are going through some difficulties..

My 17 year old step-daughter whom has "Aspergers" has been experiencing a day to day living hell at school.. She has special needs,however shes high functioning...She a brilliant child, with a vast amount of amazing talents..Shes slightly over weight due to her medications and such, in a joke manner she is like a clumsy giant ( she makes us laugh how clumsy she is )..

Well,this year at school for her has been extremely difficult,she would refuse to get out of bed,refuse to go to school ext..We tried speaking with her, to no avail her emotional window shuts down, and we receive absolute silence.. I particularly have been effected by this, because of my childhood and things Ive experienced.. So I always went the extra mile for her when it came to her needs..

Well this past weekend everything come unfolded, and we soon learned the tragic truth behind her behaviors..

She attempted suicide, by utilizing a jagged edge to her arms..My child was sliced all over.. It was horrific, a scene that no parent wishes to stumble upon or have to deal with in their lifespan..

She was hospitalized due to her injuries, and shes currently now at a psychiatric Hospital receiving the best care possible!

How did all this transpire? Bullying!!!!!!

She was subjected to countless attacks at her school, specifically by this one group of boys.. They taunted her repeatedly and even lowered their levels by taking photos of her, and photo shopping them adding penis's and other crude props to the image..
Bullying is real, it happens, and you often read about a story after it's far to late and a child has taken their own life, due to the fact that they feel so alone and hurt..

In my house hold their is a zero tolerance for yelling,name calling, and even slamming a door.. We've raised our children on morals and values, as we implement the importance in "Do on to others, as you would like to have done for you"... We say prayers regularly,and display affection to everyone, we try to demonstrate core value of what a family is all about.. Never did we expect to have such a tragic thing happen..

I'm hurt,crushed, and honestly I have rage inside..But I choose to channel it elsewhere and not let it consume me!

From one parent to the next, please listen to your children, look for signs if they are depressed or hurt.. Because I promise, you don't wish to experience this!
On a better note, charges have been pressed, and the one boy is 18 so he may get a visit from me..Speak to your children about bullying, because not only does it hurt that person, but it can effect a whole family...

I needed to vent guys, thanks!

Vision

Damn Vision. I am sorry to hear this brother. I have two small kids and this hits home. I am upset for you. I will be praying for your step daughter and family. Once again, sorry to hear this.

so sorry to hear Vision. no child should ever have to experience this let alone at school. school is supposed to be a safe haven. take care of your daughter and yourself.

Sorry to hear vision. That is heart breaking. Props to you for not going all ninja on those fuckers. I just said a prayer for your girl. Hope she finds happiness.

Something needs to be done about 'bullying' ....

I have heard way too many stories like yours lately, pisses me off man....

You are doing a great job as a parent , god bless you and yr fam

i hate reading shit like this. sorry to hear about this man

Wow. It hits closer to home when it's someone you associate with not just a news story. This is so sad. My heart goes out to you and your family. We will pray for your daughter's recovery and future health that she may overcome this challenge.

Thank you all for the kind words and support to my child...

Something needs to be done, and by the grace of God, the school was amazing with this all.. The child study team went above and beyond, they took this matter serious after finding out that she was in the hosp.. And one teacher is in fact in trouble, as my child approached her numerous times that ended in fail, as she did little to nothing to report this and/or penalize these individuals..

My beautiful son has PDD/autism, he also has a bad nervous tic, and a stuttering problem.. I worry if he will experience the same in school as he grows and advances from grade to grade..

I just can't fathom it....

From cyber bullying, to face to face, it needs to stop....

I'm very sorry to hear this. Luckily my kids haven't experienced anything like this yet but I have instructed them to inform me if it does. I don't give a fuck if I sound like a tough guy but I would definitely visit the family of the bullies and invite the father to meet me at any gym for boxing, MMA, muay thai, etc.

Like I tell my wife: everybody in town loves you and kids; I don't give a fuck if they think I'm an asshole.

I hope your daughter receives excellent treatment and best of luck to you and the family.

IML Gear Cream!
Wow. It hits closer to home when it's someone you associate with not just a news story. This is so sad. My heart goes out to you and your family. We will pray for your daughter's recovery and future health that she may overcome this challenge.

^Agreed. Vision is not just my supervisor, but truly a friend and my heart breaks for you brother. Having a little girl I can't even fathom what you are going thru. Everyone please direct all questions or inquiries to eod and myself for the time being. Let vision focus on his family during this time.

-jwgibbons

I'll be praying for fast recovery for your daughter. Also for peace for you and your wife and that this is stopped. I pray your daughter has a blessed life.

MFL Rep....

I consider this community my family, so your words mean alot.. The power of prayer is amazing..Keep her in your thoughts!

Thank you brothers/sisters..

I am truly hurt and saddened by your story man .. Fuck bro . Bullying is tragic and has to stop . It doesnt allow children to grow up to be who they were meant to be . It affects they way the act all through there lives , Fuck bro I am so sorry your daughter and family are suffering thru this .. I hope 1 day she can get over this and be the strong confident women she was meant to be . Stay stong man and if she only knew all the friends she has here she would smile . A bunch of big crazy juiceheads all have her back and we would all love to show up at her school and let everybody know she is with us , Im sorry brother . Get through it and let her know we all have her back .

I can't begin to imagine how you must feel Brother . My heart goes out to your precious daughter and your family . I will be praying for God's healing for all of you . And for the young men to have their eyes opened to what they have done . This problem permeates our society . It has become cool to aspire to become a THUG , someone who only cares about his desires , who takes what they want . Where it has become cool to hurt others and to actually get off on it . It seems when people get together and one person starts it then a type of mob mentality takes over where reason and sanity dissipear . This is what happens to a society that rejects the knowlege of GOD . We tell our children that we all are nothing more than smart apes , animals , it's no wonder we are getting this . I am so glad the school is taking this seriously . Each of us has a part to play to have courage to say it's not ok or cool to hurt someone else and no it's not funny wherever we encounter this .

Dang .... I don't have the words, brother. That is so unbelievably saddening and makes me mad as hell at the same time. I wish u and your family strength and your daughter a speedy recovery my friend.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

i currently at my point in life am way younger then most on these boards and have no kids but i am extremely sorry for what you have to go through no ones kids or families should have to deal with immaturity like this and it pisses me off it happened , i wish you the best for your family , i do not put up with bullies my self and i am quick to call them out for it. so lets hope the ppl that did this get fucked up

for real though you have my full support and i really do want all this to turn around for you.

Dear community,
I'm not one to plaster my personal life on the panels, as many of you know I take my job/position serious.. I try to stay professional,regardless of where I'm at and the environment..But today I would like to share something that is really bothering me, as my family and I are going through some difficulties..

My 17 year old step-daughter whom has "Aspergers" has been experiencing a day to day living hell at school.. She has special needs,however shes high functioning...She a brilliant child, with a vast amount of amazing talents..Shes slightly over weight due to her medications and such, in a joke manner she is like a clumsy giant ( she makes us laugh how clumsy she is )..

Well,this year at school for her has been extremely difficult,she would refuse to get out of bed,refuse to go to school ext..We tried speaking with her, to no avail her emotional window shuts down, and we receive absolute silence.. I particularly have been effected by this, because of my childhood and things Ive experienced.. So I always went the extra mile for her when it came to her needs..

Well this past weekend everything come unfolded, and we soon learned the tragic truth behind her behaviors..

She attempted suicide, by utilizing a jagged edge to her arms..My child was sliced all over.. It was horrific, a scene that no parent wishes to stumble upon or have to deal with in their lifespan..

She was hospitalized due to her injuries, and shes currently now at a psychiatric Hospital receiving the best care possible!

She was subjected to countless attacks at her school, specifically by this one group of boys.. They taunted her repeatedly and even lowered their levels by taking photos of her, and photo shopping them adding penis's and other crude props to the image..
Bullying is real, it happens, and you often read about a story after it's far to late and a child has taken their own life, due to the fact that they feel so alone and hurt..

In my house hold their is a zero tolerance for yelling,name calling, and even slamming a door.. We've raised our children on morals and values, as we implement the importance in "Do on to others, as you would like to have done for you"... We say prayers regularly,and display affection to everyone, we try to demonstrate core value of what a family is all about.. Never did we expect to have such a tragic thing happen..

I'm hurt,crushed, and honestly I have rage inside..But I choose to channel it elsewhere and not let it consume me!

From one parent to the next, please listen to your children, look for signs if they are depressed or hurt.. Because I promise, you don't wish to experience this!
On a better note, charges have been pressed, and the one boy is 18 so he may get a visit from me..Speak to your children about bullying, because not only does it hurt that person, but it can effect a whole family...

Vision
Holy shit Vision,
Wow! Thats intense!

My sister teaches special needs, its a tough go for those kids and everyone closely connected to them. Even as a teacher, my sister has her days. Man....

I guess only love will help keep her strong. Man, my heart goes out to you and your family.

I cannot imagine what your family is going through. I wish your daughter a speedy recovery and some peace.
Now..this boy... I'm sorry but, he needs to be bullied himself.. The people who bully are the ones who never have been. Not, saying hurt him but, he needs delt with. The "law" won't do much..

Such a shame because technology these days compared to when we were young, can really escalate a situation quick. Things seem to have gotten outta hand but it sounds like your on top of the situation. Everyone is different when it comes to their breaking point but juveniles are vulnerable because their still developing , trying to cope with everyday life. If you don't mind my advice, at least when she's home you can reinforce her inner qualities which make her an individual and make her feel special. There's a positive in every negative so you could also help her understand true friends vs. how vicious people can be. I feel for all the up and coming youth, it's a tough world. I can remember had bad I felt when my daughter came home crying because another child wouldn't talk to her at school. So I can't even fathom what your feeling inside. For the record though my pops used to beat me up pretty bad, so I'd go to school lookn F'd up. Well as you could imagine it became funny , behind my back people would talk about how my pops beats me up. My point of bringing this up is it shaped me and pushed me not so pleasant directions at times. So your doing great by acknowledging the issue and addressing it, that's the first step and a great dad! Keep ya head up!

RR

Get Shredded!
hate to hear stuff like this. my son is 13 and is hi functioning autistic. all he loves is legos and spongebob. the world is a cruel place and i am dreading the day that he comes home and tells me someone made fun of him. the good thing about him is he has a twin sister, she sticks up for him so that helps. i wish i could be at his side every minute so he doesnt have to experience bullying or name calling but that is not possible.
vision, i feel for you. hope all goes good.

That's horrible vision. Prayers coming your way, hope everything turns out okay with your daughter. And fuck those guys that did it.

I cannon believe what I am hearing. This is absolutely terrible. There has got to be criminal charges that can be pressed or something isn't there?

You are much stronger than I am. I have a bad feeling that if I knew who these kids were, things wouldn't go very well and I'd be in huge trouble. What a tragedy man. Sorry:-/

I'll be praying for you and your family brother. I am speechless.

I have worked with physically and mentally troubled youth pretty much my entire life, besides my years as a commercial foreman roofing. I've worked in some high end places where parents pay $9,000/Month, and then very low end places where you know the business was taking advantage of the state and the children's monthly "allowance".

Bullying happens, even amongst peers who share the same disabilities, meds or no meds. Which is weird and frustrating, and often times more heart wrenching because both of them know and understand what's going on. So they can hit on points that no one else would see and feel, but it's like a bullet to the heart when it comes out. Which can put kids in a very dark corner if not addressed soon enough. Learning "Verbal De-escalation", and the proper way to word responses and phrases has helped me a lot in understanding what really goes on in these kids brains. A heart to heart talk works at times and surely has it's place in life, but it doesn't trigger responses that bring out the truth, or the root of the issues/problems. Believe it or not, these kids are so much smarter then anybody would give them credit for. These kids go through life everyday trying to be 1 step ahead of everything that can affect them that day. Things that we don't give a single second of thinking twice about. I've learned that "follow up" is also a very important tool to make an individual know that you are aware of them, and are genuinely interested in their day to day and well being. Little things here are there make a world of difference to someone who feels like they are out of place. Placing a 9 year old boy on suicide watch is a mind trip in itself, and it get's even worse as they get older/wiser because it get's more aggressive.

Vision I am truly sorry you are going through this...

That's terrible. I can tolerate a lot, but people fucking with my kids or people with special needs sends me into a blind rage. My hat's off to your self control.

Man...that really hit home for me. I hope everything works out. When I was in school i was the BIG badass jock (not trying to be arrogant).I went to an upper middle scale school so there was plenty of bullies. I had moved from a "ghetto" less fortunate town close by so I felt like a loner even though I was always the best on my teams and had plenty of friends. I made it MY mission to bully the bullies. You know make them feel low and helpless. It always crushed me to see anyone eating by themselves at lunch time so I made it my agenda to go over and sit with them and make small talk. Sorry for the ramble it just really got me thinking. I hope all turns for the better my friend.

Dear community,

Vision

People that pick on special needs kids should be beheaded. I picked on a few nerds in my day but nothing more than flipping a few books out of the arms and flicking some ears. Never beat anyone up or anything. No.....that doesn't make it ok!!!! As a 38 yr old now I have taken time to think a few times what an asshole I was for just doing that. I probably ruined one or two kids already bad days. What an awful thing to do. It was in like 5,6th, 7th grade then I chilled out. Like I said. But if some kid said maybe I'll go the long way to class ect... because they thought they would see me the other way...wtf is that? Thats awful. I still to this day feel awful about it. If I ever saw the kid today I would apologize to him for being a dick in school.
My son is 12, will be 13 in a couple months. He's bigger than most 15-16 yr olds. Squats 135 for reps, has a 700 lb single rep leg sled max, yes...really. He's enormous. 5'11", 200 lb. 25" quads and 14" bi.
I taught him from a very young age if you see someone bullying someone to take care of the bully. Then ask him how he likes it. I told him if HE wants to bully someone....bully the kids who do the bullying to the nerds and defenseless kids.
But picking on or bullying a special needs kid is a whole different thing. If I were you I would be beating the shit out of some fathers of these kids who bullied your daughter.

Last edited:
But picking on or bullying a special needs kid is a whole different thing. If I were you I would be beating the shit out of some fathers of these kids who bullied your daughter.

Let's not forget that these kids probably aren't telling their parents they are bullying anyone. Many of the bullies I went to school with had parents who taught them to be polite, religious, and good people. It usually just takes one shitty kid to make other kids act shitty (monkey see monkey do). I'm sure at least a couple of the fathers are very close to throwing their kid through the wall for bullying a special needs kid.

Back