• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

How many rest days when on cycle

Durr

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I will be doing a mass building aas cycle and need advice. Ive been looking up workout routines and there are a lot of rest days for mass building routines. If I'm on a cycle should I still take two to three days off a week?

Also I would love some weekly routines from you guys. I stuck with my old routine for 4-5 months and I am way overdue to change it up. Thanks!

6ft
31yo

For me a lot of it is how I feel. But no wrong answer I don't think. Could change it bi weekly also. Personally I believe days off are important mentally and physically. Mentally so you do not burn out and physically so you heal good and grow properly and avoid injury. If I go a week where I only have one rest day I'm def gonna throw 2-3 in the next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really depends on your routine as a whole. The % of your maximal weight you're using. Training history. Diet. "Supplementation." Etc. Post more info and maybe you'll get a bit more hits.

I take 1 maybe two days, if have something going on then I take off, but I aim for 1 day off a week.

6' and 180lbs ? hmmm you should also post your diet to get more help

For mass gaining I like a 4 day split. More rest days = more time to grow. Hard to stay out of the gym 3 days a week though for me.

For mass building I use the same... M, W, Fri and Sat and i go to bed early while I'm on cycle as well. Plenty of rest bro!

Been playing around with a lot of different splits 6 days a week, then 5 days, 2 on 1 off, 4 days, 3 days. I noticed that the more days off I take the better results I get. Now I just stick to every other day. Sometimes I take 2 days off when I have something planned.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

As Ironborn said, it all depends. But I will say this: I don't know if this is you're first cycle or not, but don't slip into the mindset that a lot of first-time users adopt, that because steroids improve rate of recovery etc. you don't need rest days or that you should double your training volume, or really ramp up the intensity, or all of the above. Just because lifter x did y and got z results and he was on this or that steroid regimen doesn't mean you can do the same and get away with it. You still need to recover and 'roids help out a lot, sure, but they don't make you superhuman.

^ Precisely. You have to find out for yourself what works best for you.

Also may I add that while not on cycle I usually take 2-3 days off after each workout. I do a lot of rest paused, drop sets and forced negatives, hence I am sore for days after each workout.

Back