• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Never had this happen before

CJhs81

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've been taking gear for a few years now. When taking my gear I've had some gear leak out, gear leak out with little specks of blood, and twice I've bleed like crazy but with the one that I just did when I pulled the pen out blood shot all over the place like a freaking spray paint can. I guess I nicked a vein or something. Anything to be worried about? Thanks

You're good man just passed through a vein. Next time keep the pin in a little longer and the gear won't leak out.

Bro I did it in my shoulder and it looked like I spray painted my bathroom sink with blood. I've got a vein before and it just poured blood but it's never shot out like that before. It was spraying all over the place!

You hit an artery Bro... Arteries are under pressure much more than veins. Just hold pressure on it for awhile and it should stop bleeding. You'll probably get a bruise around the pin site but nothing to worry about.

You hit an artery Bro... Arteries are under pressure much more than veins. Just hold pressure on it for awhile and it should stop bleeding. You'll probably get a bruise around the pin site but nothing to worry about.
This^^^ It happens to me once or twice a year. Clean up sucks

Yeah it sucks. Kinda funny watching the blood spray everytime my heart beat. I'm glad my wife wasn't in the room for this one. Lmao! She would've passed out!

Have you guys found that holding the skin taut and to the side (maybe shifted half an inch or so) helps to avoid this? Somewhere I read that it should help so I've been practicing it but dunno if it matters. The theory seems sound -- the needle path will be bent quite a bit once the needle is removed and the skin released.

Yeah, it's called Z pinning. I usually leave the pin in for 30 or more seconds after fully injecting and this minimizes leakage. You can let go of the syringe and be fine because it is so light after injecting. I do pull the skin over if I see any oil coming out after I pull the needle out.

When I do that z pinning it feels weird as fuck when I take the pin out, my muscle like plops back into place and I can really feel the needle coming out.

When I do that z pinning it feels weird as fuck when I take the pin out, my muscle like plops back into place and I can really feel the needle coming out.

Aren't you supposed to hold the skin with sideways tension the whole time, until after withdrawing the needle? It goes in and out easily that way but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Some interesting notes here from a nursing forum indicating wide use of the technique: http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-student/z-track-injection-354188.html

I also reviewed some YouTube vids on it. You do hold the skin through the entire process and release at the end, but I've been using a couple fingers rather than the whole side of the hand as recommended. I'll have to try the better method to see if oil retention is more like 100%. When I wasn't z-tracking at all, there was definitely a bunch of oil leaking out on every pin.

I stick the needle in my butt (or delt or tri or lat or quad), push the plunger down, and then pull it out when I am done. It's worked really well for years.

I stick the needle in my butt (or delt or tri or lat or quad), push the plunger down, and then pull it out when I am done. It's worked really well for years.

Ha! Point taken, it's just my nature to over-analyze this stuff. If I can keep an extra $0.25 of gear in my flesh by using up $5 of my time, I'll probably do it.

Back