• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Quick Question, Help!

Deuce

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok, so first time using bottle top filtering. Using stericup filter and notice fucking bubbles coming up from the bottom because the damn thing is cracked. No gear is coming out the crack at all and its not all filtered. I've got less than 100ml left to go through it so I could just filter that with syringe filter.

Question is, is the gear in the bottom contaminated?? I know air isn't going to ruin it but shit. Also is it going to start leaking out once I take vacuum off of it??

I know must have put too much pressure to it, spare me that just tell me if I'm fucked here. Didn't know they were that shitty.

I know someone has dealt with this. Is the gear ok?

I wouldn't think a few air bubbles would contaminate it?

As long as it passed through the filter you're good. Like said tape it up until you finish. Fwiw I stick with 5 psi max on steric ups.

Invest in a glass media bottle next time and just buy a bottle top filter. Those plastic receivers are trash.

Thanks guys, its not really leaking just cracked all to hell.

I'd heard they were junk and yes I plan to get a media bottle.

Had the same issue a while back. After researching it, I found out that the plastic media bottles are rated for like 5 psi! Any higher and they crack. I use 2 psi now. Slow as all hell but, it works.

Back