• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Keeping needle stable?

azuresky

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm on my first cycle and about to pin for the 3rd time. One thing that bothered me about both of my previous pins was that, while I was pushing the gear in, I was moving the needle in and out trying to keep it still. How do you guys keep it from bouncing like that?

^^^ I'm weary of burying that pin to the hilt bc I had a friend that used to do that and one day the pin broke off in his ass literally!! I like to leave a little bit of the pin still showing just in case. On another note, I let my wife pin me when available.

I keep hearing that but I don't see how in the fuck, short of a freak accident, that you could break off a pin.

If you have to crank down on a syringe that hard; you need a bigger pin, warm gear or better gear.

Warrior

I bury the pin like Warrior said above. I don't see how it could break off either.

I'm just weary of hitting something painful (bone?). I'm not using 1" needles though, bought 1.5" if it matters.

^^^ IDK how he did it, but he had one hell of a time getting it out. After that I guess I got scared to bury the pin to the hilt. I also use 23g x 1.5" except for delts I go with 1"

I also bury it all the way to the base of the needle and then push it in a little further (using 1") so it dimples the skin. Then it just comes with a steady hand and practice lol.

The week I did clen, the shakes made pinning damn near impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cap I read this thread now the needle will probably end up breaking off in my ass. But I bury the needle and I try to stay still as can be when that needle goes in lol

Even if you don't bury the pin it won't be sticking out if it breaks off.
You're more likely to break it if you don't push it in all the way.
You're also more likely to move the needle around if you don't push it in all the way.
It sounds to me like you need more practice. Pin a quad or a delt next time to get used to it. Then go to glutes or ventros.
Lots of YouTube videos showing how to pin.

Just do like Warrior say, bury the needle.

Minimum 10 seconds per ml. No need to rush.

Warm the gear. The easier it flows the less you'll move.

I bury the needle as deep as it will go. No moving in and out to worry about.

Warrior

^^ works
It took me a bit before I realized I had to jam that sucker but this is why I don't shoot my glutes. I shake like hell when I'm twisted around like that. I normally use my Delts cuz I'm more stable in that position.

Yeah, I'm going back to running my pins to the hilt, PF made a very valid point earlier.

I don't bury the pin. I always leave 1/8" or so sticking out. Even at that I don't have any issues bouncing, shaking, ect. Pin, aspirate, plunge all with one hand. But after a few hundred times you start to get used to it.

I take apx 20-30 sec per ml when plunging.

I always pin slow, but do you think there is any issues pinning faster with pip? I've been in pain all week from gear and I'm just wondering if faster plunger tim would help. I'm thinking about trying that ventro site next to see if I can get less pain.

my favorite spots to pin are quads, ventral glute and chest, because it's easier to keep the needle still.

for shaky spots like glutes and delts i use a 23g and try to get it done more quickly. the longer you've got the needle in a spot that's hard to keep stable, the more it's going to move around and the more damage/scare tissue you're making.

Get Shredded!
I always pin slow, but do you think there is any issues pinning faster with pip? I've been in pain all week from gear and I'm just wondering if faster plunger tim would help. I'm thinking about trying that ventro site next to see if I can get less pain.
If you mean using a bigger needle probably not, if you mean pushing harder you're more likely to shake more. If you just started pinning it's going to be uncomfortable and if you are bouncing the needle around that will hurt more too.

If you mean using a bigger needle probably not, if you mean pushing harder you're more likely to shake more. If you just started pinning it's going to be uncomfortable and if you are bouncing the needle around that will hurt more too.

I just talking about cutting down the time it takes to inject. I've been pinning for years and I have always gone as slow as possible.

if your pinning quad holding it with a fist instead of a couple fingers while having free hand do all the work helps. I dont see how a pin can break off either it would slice through your muscle I feel like before it broke off, maybe if it got nudged on the side of a bone? My quad injections are getting worse and worse with every pin and glute shots are a pain in the ass. 5 more pounds and aspirating glute shots are damn near out of the question.

Drink coffee after pinning =)

I usually have a hard time keeping it steady. Doesn't really bother me anymore unless it slips out too far while injecting. Then I have a half IM, half subq lump the rest of the day.

I'm on my first cycle and about to pin for the 3rd time. One thing that bothered me about both of my previous pins was that, while I was pushing the gear in, I was moving the needle in and out trying to keep it still. How do you guys keep it from bouncing like that?

I've done this. Suffered tissue damage from moving the needle around too much. Just dont be scurred bro.

Patience, technique, and more patience. Just go slow man

glute shots are a pain in the ass.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Oh, you didn't mean "literally"?

It really boils down to practice and a steady hand.
Get your practice by pinning quads, delts, pecs etc. before trying to get good at reaching behind you while twisted.

BTW: Pecs are probably best pinned with a slin.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Oh, you didn't mean "literally"?

It really boils down to practice and a steady hand.
Get your practice by pinning quads, delts, pecs etc. before trying to get good at reaching behind you while twisted.

BTW: Pecs are probably best pinned with a slin.
I have to hit glutes for the first time on my next pin day because of EOD pinning 2.5ml. I'm not looking forward to the experience...

The problem with pinning and plunging fast is that you don't want the oil to ball up on you and possibly cause an abscess. This is why you need to pin nice and slow and let the oil disperse.

The problem with pinning and plunging fast is that you don't want the oil to ball up on you and possibly cause an abscess. This is why you need to pin nice and slow and let the oil disperse.

Interdasting. I've never had this issue. Not once and would like to know who has had an abscess caused by this. I poke, aspirate and pin very fast. Not once have I had an issue or PIP. I had PIP, but that was with shitty gear. Not trying to be a dick, but legit wanna know

Last edited:
Back