• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Question about long vs short esters

shredder1

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I wanted to stick with enth or cyp test next cycle and tren e all long acting esters or long acting Decca but does than mean I won't get as much out of the compunds than if they were short esters b/c I know they all take a long time to kick in and once they do that only leaves four weeks of muscular stength and anabolic gains right where as short esters kick in fairly quick meaning you start building right away and essentially the whole 10-12 weeks you take short you making gains the whole time right?

Long esters have less AAS per mg than short esters.

Long esters take more time to build up in your system.

Long esters also take much longer to clear your system (TREN).

I can see this debate raging, so I'll leave a few basics here.

Warrior

Warrior

So if I want to make steady gains for the whole 12 cycle go with short eaters huh? As in long taking so long to build up and then by then your cycle is over? That was my original question resumarized

You'd only run tren a for about 8 weeks especially since you never have used it. Also that way if you can't hang due to sides, mood, gyno etc it won't take 2 weeks to leave your system. Also with short esters are you fine EOD shots. Personally imo they are the same short for about 8 weeks, long ester for 12+ weeks stays in the system for total 14 weeks before pct. I like running short cycles so can run again sooner.

Warrior

You'd only run tren a for about 8 weeks especially since you never have used it. Also that way if you can't hang due to sides, mood, gyno etc it won't take 2 weeks to leave your system. Also with short esters are you fine EOD shots. Personally imo they are the same short for about 8 weeks, long ester for 12+ weeks stays in the system for total 14 weeks before pct. I like running short cycles so can run again sooner.

And a perfect response there we go mates wasn't so hard huh, thanks bud appreciate the advice

You can also kick start a long ester cycle with an oral like dbol or a bombs for four weeks by then the long esters will be fully kicked in.

You can also kick start a long ester cycle with an oral like dbol or a bombs for four weeks by then the long esters will be fully kicked in.
That's what I hear is a very good option, only thing is that it's my first time on tren so short ester to check out the compound is prolly best,

There was an article posted by Aristotle a while back that showed long esters are absorbed better by the body than short esters. The effect is small, but worth noting.

Short esters (ime) have less estrogen and prolactin sides, but more PIP.

Its also best to switch compounds/add to the dose/change esters every 4-8 week's.

In my opinion a well designed cycle will utilize both.

I use testE mostly because I'm on trt so I stock up on it. Test is pretty easy to front load, when I run something like npp I just adjust how much test I do per injection and pin EOD or whatever the shortest ester requires. If you look at the distribution graphs for esters they all spike right away, the difference is in how big the spike is and how long the tail is, so for a relatively easy compound like test a front load and more frequent dosing is easiest for me just because it makes buying in bulk easier, also that method provides really stable blood levels, and less pip than prop. Longer esters do mean less hormone per mg, but test is so damn cheap I'm not sure that's what I'd base my shopping on, just dosing. My first tren run will definitely be acetate because my job requires I deal well with people and with no job I can't afford gear! Lol

IML Gear Cream!
I use testE mostly because I'm on trt so I stock up on it. Test is pretty easy to front load, when I run something like npp I just adjust how much test I do per injection and pin EOD or whatever the shortest ester requires. If you look at the distribution graphs for esters they all spike right away, the difference is in how big the spike is and how long the tail is, so for a relatively easy compound like test a front load and more frequent dosing is easiest for me just because it makes buying in bulk easier, also that method provides really stable blood levels, and less pip than prop. Longer esters do mean less hormone per mg, but test is so damn cheap I'm not sure that's what I'd base my shopping on, just dosing. My first tren run will definitely be acetate because my job requires I deal well with people and with no job I can't afford gear! Lol

Awesome guys thanks, and Dutch master you said switch up eaters every 4-6 weeks ? What you mean brother

Not to speak for McD but I think he meant at about the 8 week mark in a cycle gains often start to stall . It may be increased myostatin , receptor down regulation or just that the body is figuring a way to get homeostasis and make the dose of what you are taking less effective . At that point it is effective to either up the dose or add a new compound or both to keep gains comming .
The thing about short versus long ester is solved for me by kickstarting cycles with a short ester in addition to the long ester for 3 - 4 weeks . For example while taking test enanthate say at 600mg/wk you could take test prop 100 mg eod for 4 weeks to rapidly get your blood levels up and stable . This would get gains rolling quicker . Also as mentioned front loading is another way of doing the same thing . Both good questions .

Not to speak for McD but I think he meant at about the 8 week mark in a cycle gains often start to stall . It may be increased myostatin , receptor down regulation or just that the body is figuring a way to get homeostasis and make the dose of what you are taking less effective . At that point it is effective to either up the dose or add a new compound or both to keep gains comming .
The thing about short versus long ester is solved for me by kickstarting cycles with a short ester in addition to the long ester for 3 - 4 weeks . For example while taking test enanthate say at 600mg/wk you could take test prop 100 mg eod for 4 weeks to rapidly get your blood levels up and stable . This would get gains rolling quicker . Also as mentioned front loading is another way of doing the same thing . Both good questions .

Basically. Also it seems to be common practice amongst heavy AAS users in Europe (powerlifters and BBuilder) to switch compounds/esters often, but run close to 1500mg of shit per week (total of all compounds) for several months. This allows them to keep pushing gains in a more cost effective way than simply upping the dose.

There was an old T-Nation article about that (like 2004ish). I also heard some high level powerlifters from Europe recommend it. It has to be healthier than running 3G of shit.

Last edited:
Back