• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

1 week of flu = 3 weeks of gains?

linuxian

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I had the flu all last week. Got back at it on Sunday only to see my bench numbers slightly off. Tonight, doing my favorite deadlifts, my numbers are back 3 weeks!!!! Pulled 475x4 last Monday. This Monday I couldn't get that shit off the ground. This SUCKS!

Said fuck it and running with a 4 sets of 8 with 315 before moving on.

Anyone else experience shut like this from the flu? I can't Beleive this shit isn't just in my head.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are training with the flu you're just gonna make your numbers drop even more. Recover fully before doing anything again especially heavy DLs. Sickness is the only reason to not train. I'd wait till all signs go away then start at 4 plates and build back up. You'll be back at pushin 500 in not even 2 weeks if you wait.

I think you're right. I am just getting over it as of yesterday. I guess I'll have to slow it down for another couple of days.

Family emergency then strep throat, missed three weeks, lost sleep and ate like crap. Did half the sets for legs I'd normally do and just tripped going up the curb. Lost three pounds.

I had the flu all last week. Got back at it on Sunday only to see my bench numbers slightly off. Tonight, doing my favorite deadlifts, my numbers are back 3 weeks!!!! Pulled 475x4 last Monday. This Monday I couldn't get that shit off the ground. This SUCKS!

Said fuck it and running with a 4 sets of 8 with 315 before moving on.

Anyone else experience shut like this from the flu? I can't Beleive this shit isn't just in my head.....

I've gotten the flu twice on this cycle. To make things worse I got a paronychia on my left ring finger. I r sad.

Solution: keflex and tons of greens and fruit

I've gotten the flu twice on this cycle. To make things worse I got a paronychia on my left ring finger. I r sad.

Solution: keflex and tons of greens and fruit

I think I remember you mentioning an issue with your fingernail in an earlier thread. I was wondering what that was about. That's gotta suck. I hope it heals up quickly.

Serious sinus infection for a bout a week and a half. Couldn't let anything touch my head it hurt so bad. Some antibiotics and IBP and I was good. Lost some mass in the process but got it back real fast. I still pinned and stomached the dbol while I was sick so that helped I guess. Ate lots of ANYTHING containing antioxidants. Fruits and veggies. Mostly dragon fruit, mango, spinach, and asparagus.

I think I remember you mentioning an issue with your fingernail in an earlier thread. I was wondering what that was about. That's gotta suck. I hope it heals up quickly.

Thx dude. I haven't lifted upper body in a week. I think it's festering a little more. Hurts like a SOB. I'm about to go through my supplies and drain the shit again

does test flu count cuz thats how iam rollin right now and it sucks but i push threw and so will you youll get it back just a minor set back it happens bro keep up the hard work ........

cheapthreads out..........

Wow that seriously sucks! lol....I have a client who trained with the flu and he didn't tell me until after we finished. But he was in the stages of recovery where his symptoms were very minimal so it was hard for me to tell and I never would've guessed. When we finished he said he just got over the flu....I said, wtf u serious?!?! Told his to take the next few days off because he probably just shut his immune system down more....the next 2 days he got his symptoms back then I told him to just rest entirely. His job was stressing him and school too so he ended up getting an infection. I gave him guidelines to recover and after about a week he was back with me training but his numbers dropped drastically :/
So if you have ANY type of sickness you need to stop and recover. Remember that highly intense exercise will drop your immune function post training and during that time you can make things worse for yourself. Research says that can be up to 72 hours post training decreased immune function. http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/injuryprevention/a/Ex_Immunity.htm
so being sick AND training intense can be detrimental to your goals. I always tell my clients if they are sick, to rest and try not to stress themselves too much.

thanks jem92 i will look into this more ........

cheapthreads out

Back