• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Trying to figure out diet

TXchopper

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm new the the forum and absolutely love it, I'm a Fire Fighter and we just had our annual physical, long story short, I'm sitting at
31% BF, I've bottomed my carb intake out, and have lost 27lbs, I'm currently hitting the stairmaster for around 20min a day. I have stopped losing the weight as quicklyas I was. Any suggestions, thoughts, would be great. I am lifting but purely to try and maintain my strength. Thanks in advance. Also I'm currently 240lbs and stand 6' 00", my target weight per the physical report is 217lbs

you need 3273 Calories/day to maintain your weight
you need 2773 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week
you need 2273 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week

Tom Venuto "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle". Get it NOW! You drop it too fast, you are gonna get stuck, with no way to reduce cals.
I stalled at 260#. Couldn't lose on 2100kcals/ day. Losing weight and averaging 2800kcals/ day now! Workouts are great, no brain fog from extended low carb stretches. 240# (+/-7lbs) and dropping around 5 lbs/ month with a crazy recomp going on.

This is a good "guess" I wouldnt consider it a for sure answer though. I would count my calories, make sure you are getting enough food and adjust calories as needed.

Ordered Tom's book based on your suggestion and numerous rave reviews online, thanks again
The are some GREAT diet guys here, I am NOT one of them. Not at all an expert, but....
when I do crazy low carb or low fat or low cals I can drop lbs FAST. Unfortunately it is probably half muscle, 25% fluid and 25% fat. It then stalls, because my body has learned to live with the deficiency- some say "starvation mode" or "slowed metabolism" whatever.
This Venuto method gets muscles fed, and burns pure fat. Perfect for a recomp! Keep us posted and GOOD LUCK!

I over worried about carbs for a long time ,and then some how stumbled upon a stupid app on the iphone that i never in a million years thought i was use,but it was really as miple as tracking the calories and causing a defecit for my weight,it worked great,better then any zero carb diet ive ever done because it tends to stay off this way

The worst carb is fructose. It will kill your weight loss faster than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is good calculation, can you also tell me what will be amount of calories I lose in half hour of running ? and how should I make a balance in calories intake and vice versa ?

That is good calculation, can you also tell me what will be amount of calories I lose in half hour of running ? and how should I make a balance in calories intake and vice versa ?

There a various calculators that give this info online. I suggest you write down everything you eat and monitor results based upon calorie consumption. Also calculators online for how many calories burned during exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back