• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need some solid advice, hurt me smasherbones

R3psForJ3sus

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Yesterday was back day and today was squat oriented leg day. Yesterday I was doing heavy rep rack pulls to practice my lockout as it is usually my weakest part of my main lift: the DL. I usually WAY over-exaggerate the lockout on these, thrusting my hips way forward and stretching my back past my butt. Anyways, I go into the gym today and start stretching for my first exercise: front squats. I noticed my hips were a little tight but warmed up and stretched good anyways. With only 1 plate on front squats I noticed I was having a hard time stabilizing and getting a nice groin stretch at the bottom. My hips were feeling pretty tight but I was like come on u fkn pussy so decided to move onto back squats. First warmup goes good with 1 plate nothin but a peanut. I go to my 2nd warmup set with 2 plates and as I go down I am shaking like I am having a seizure. Huge instability issues. Had to drop squats today which if you are a heavy lifter you know this automatically lowers your free test 35% ;) .

Now here is the issue:
It is not the groin muscles that are responsible for moving the legs side to side, for example squatting down and pushing your elbows into the sides of the legs feels fine. It is the top front portion of the leg that hurts. Like when you lock your knees and pull your shoulders past your butt that stretch at the top of the legs in the front. I don't know what exactly is strained here. I am a nutritional and training genius lol but when it comes to ligament damage, chiropractory, injuries I just have no clue. I have been lifting hard for almost 6 years and this is my FIRST injury ever, ever, ever.

Does anyone have any clue what happened, recovery time, exercises to help this, stretches, etc.? Again, it is the top hip portion that stretches when you do rack deads with an over-exaggerated lockout with the back past the butt and the hips thrusted way forward.
Thanks

400mg of ibuprofen upon wakening, and another 400mg 6 hours later and go from there.

chances are that you simply pulled muscle.

I know if it had to do with ligaments or tendons, you'd experience bone slicing pain, nearly back of heaps in your case.

Dont train legs for good week or two.

Also: It was the day after I started noticing the tightness. All i know is if I actually entered the golden tunnel of SNAPCITY, It would have happened mid-exercise. I just dont know what part of the hip this is, everything online I am reading is groin, groin, groin and the outer hips (people being too fat)

Back