• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

heart attack

cold

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm wondering what we should keep an eye on if were going to be cycling? My concerns are in regards to a heart attacks . is it BP we need to watch? Should we take blood press. Meds while cycling? I know for me my press. Goes way up while on. Thanks for any help with this . just trying to be proactive

More cardio = best blood pressure control.

Donate blood drink lots of water maybe low dose aspirin. Eat well do cardio.

I think its bullshit that gear gets blamed for heart conditions. People have heart conditions because of genetics and bad habits (not doing cardio and shitty diets) There's no excuse for being on meds for your heart unless you have a congenital problem you cant control.

Well gear fucks with your blood and that can fuck with your heart. Right now my doc is working on a script to take my blood and throw it away. Too many people do the gear but don't monitor their blood work. Labs are so cheap there's just no excuse unless you live in an igloo.

Great suggestions by guys already. If my blood pressure goes up I just add more water to daily intake and more cardio erases HBP quickly for me.

Thanks guys I don't claim to know a lot on these issues that why I'm asking . I know my press. Is excellent when I'm off but when I'm on it goes up pretty high170/94 to the point doc. Thinks I should go on meds to control. I'm a hard gainner and I'm eating clean and making great progress . But I am guilty of not doing cardio in crazy fear of loosing weight or having to up my eating. In the last year I have been able to increase BW from 170# to 220# . thanks again I will try to include cardio to some extent

Sorry forgot to include I'm drinking a gallon of water a day. Had labs done and I don't need to donate. Hebo glo 14.5 red blood cells are in check as well I didn't know if my body is still trying to get use to extra weight ?

I'm wondering what we should keep an eye on if were going to be cycling? My concerns are in regards to a heart attacks . is it BP we need to watch? Should we take blood press. Meds while cycling? I know for me my press. Goes way up while on. Thanks for any help with this . just trying to be proactive

Blood pressure can get out of control depending on how you react to the steroid you're taking. You might want to make a blood bank donation during your cycle if your RBC is high and/or your pressure is high.

But things you can do to control blood pressure is to limit sodium intake and have more potassium in your diet (bananas, NO SALT, etc)

If you're concerned about your blood pressure, check it daily.

National level heavyweight competitor at my gym had a heart attack last year. Young guy too, don't think he's 30 yet. That was a huge eye-opener for me. Can't blame steroids completely as I don't know much about his lifestyle, but it is quite a coincidence. Needless to say he's prepping for a pro qualifier again as we speak. We are a crazy breed...

Yeah let's face it we lay under heavy ass weight that a natural healthy individual is not soppost to be able to lift. We push the envelope a lot. Let's quit bullshitting were not the most healthy lol were not even ment to get as big as most of us are or wanna be! Just like to make at least some what calculated risk

National level heavyweight competitor at my gym had a heart attack last year. Young guy too, don't think he's 30 yet. That was a huge eye-opener for me. Can't blame steroids completely as I don't know much about his lifestyle, but it is quite a coincidence. Needless to say he's prepping for a pro qualifier again as we speak. We are a crazy breed...

He probably had an undiagnosed genetic defect. For most people, they'd never notice until later in life any problems, but with that pre-existing condition the stress of heavy lifting and a huge (sometimes not so healthy) diet can send you to the ER. But guys in the bodybuilding and powerlifting lifestyles generally are healthier than the common man, despite the hell we put out bodies through.

I don't think there was a single year in the last 20 years, where I didn't read a news story about a kid dropping dead on the football field or on a basketball court due to an unknown heart defect that caused a heart attack. And those kids weren't on anything.

Sorry for hijacking alittle but can't high blood pressure be a good thing at times? I mean you don't go to the gym as a happy "riding a unicorn to your favorite blowjob bar feeling". Usually you got stress, anger
and sorrow in life. Then a couple of redbulls or PWO on that, then gear. Then the freaking adrenaline you get at the gym, then cardio, then the walk back home from gym that you hate.

I mean, the blood is going rollercoaster 24/7. If you had a heart condition, living like this on gear will only speed up or tip you over the small line to an already pre-existing condition? Or am i all wrong here?

This i mean in a normal life routine, not cocaine party sex maniac life.

I can't believe we are 15 posts into this thread and no one has mention cholesterol. AAS, especially orals can whack out your cholesterol numbers. LDL (bad cholesterol) can go up, and HDL (good cholesterol) can go down. HDL cholesterol protects against heart disease by taking the "bad" cholesterol out of your blood and keeping it from building up in your arteries.

Winstrol in particular is horrible for HDL. One guy here I believe was running winny and had routine labwork done. His doctor, not the office, but the doctor called him at home one evening......She was freaking out because his HDL was ZERO. It should be greater than 40.

So it is extremely important to monitor cholesterol numbers when on cycle. To recap. You need to monitor WBC, RBC, hemoglobin, hemocrit, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW for blood and HDL/LDL for cholesterol. And of course blood pressure.

174/90 is quiet high. i would keep my cycles real short.

This is a question that i been wondering on this related subject. .. I don't know if anyone else has seen this in the news the past couple of weeks...the news has been giving warnings about TRT causing heart attacks and strokes in men that have been taking testosterone replacement. ..they mention from Androgel...to Doc given injections. .. Just the past couple of days the same warning has been advertised in my local newspaper..wish I knew how to post a photo on forum of the advertisement so you members full of knowledge could give some input...However the name of the company is GOLDBERG&OSBOURNE... 1-800-843-3245... I wondered if it's a bullshit lawsuit scam...or what...it is just a wonder of mine cuz some people have been on TRT for years with NO PROBLEMS at all...seems wierd to me that it's all of the sudden being slung around everywhere. .. As I said...it could be a Lawyer Company looking to make frivolous law suits...just wanted a little feedback or info..??? Any info would be appreciated. . -----peace

This is a question that i been wondering on this related subject. .. I don't know if anyone else has seen this in the news the past couple of weeks...the news has been giving warnings about TRT causing heart attacks and strokes in men that have been taking testosterone replacement. ..they mention from Androgel...to Doc given injections. .. Just the past couple of days the same warning has been advertised in my local newspaper..wish I knew how to post a photo on forum of the advertisement so you members full of knowledge could give some input...However the name of the company is GOLDBERG&OSBOURNE... 1-800-843-3245... I wondered if it's a bullshit lawsuit scam...or what...it is just a wonder of mine cuz some people have been on TRT for years with NO PROBLEMS at all...seems wierd to me that it's all of the sudden being slung around everywhere. .. As I said...it could be a Lawyer Company looking to make frivolous law suits...just wanted a little feedback or info..??? Any info would be appreciated. . -----peace

Tort Lawyers would sue a ham sandwich if there was money in it. They do not need common sense or facts on their side they just need to wear down big pharma and the doctors insurance companies enough for them to say it is less expensive to pay the lawsuit then fight it. Rarely does tort cases such as these deal with reality.

I think these lawsuits are a result of the VA doing a study that found certain men developed cardiovascular issues and strokes. The study got slammed by researchers saying it is deeply flawed. Doesn't mean lawyers cannot sue and win.

Yep your right jerseydevil . thanks for the reminder. I track bp daily . I just know a lot of guys in power lifting world that out of no where they have heart problems. Or at least I think out of no where.lol . I just know my bp I excellent off and when I'm on test .only its high. U guys have answered some of my ?'s thanks. As far as trt being a tribute to heart issues . living they say is a tribute to death! Another bullshit lawsuit

Get Shredded!
IIRC all the men in this study were over 60, and they ALL had been diagnosed with some sort of heart disease. They were separated into two groups. One that were on TRT, the second while having low t did not use TRT. After six years in group 1, 30 of the men died of heart attack out of 100. In group 2, the guys on TRT, 36 out of 100 died of a heart attack.

But the study came to the conclusion that you are 30% more at risk of dying from heart attack if you use testosterone for TRT. That makes no sense, and why many (including Androgel of course) are saying the results are inconclusive.

I can't believe we are 15 posts into this thread and no one has mention cholesterol. AAS, especially orals can whack out your cholesterol numbers. LDL (bad cholesterol) can go up, and HDL (good cholesterol) can go down. HDL cholesterol protects against heart disease by taking the "bad" cholesterol out of your blood and keeping it from building up in your arteries.

Winstrol in particular is horrible for HDL. One guy here I believe was running winny and had routine labwork done. His doctor, not the office, but the doctor called him at home one evening......She was freaking out because his HDL was ZERO. It should be greater than 40.

So it is extremely important to monitor cholesterol numbers when on cycle. To recap. You need to monitor WBC, RBC, hemoglobin, hemocrit, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW for blood and HDL/LDL for cholesterol. And of course blood pressure.

^^^ this is great advice at ANY age.If you are over 40- best to check quarterly or even bi- monthly if you are blasting. Do NOT ignore the results-OD

IIRC all the men in this study were over 60, and they ALL had been diagnosed with some sort of heart disease. They were separated into two groups. One that were on TRT, the second while having low t did not use TRT. After six years in group 1, 30 of the men died of heart attack out of 100. In group 2, the guys on TRT, 36 out of 100 died of a heart attack.

But the study came to the conclusion that you are 30% more at risk of dying from heart attack if you use testosterone for TRT. That makes no sense, any disclosure why many (including Androgel of course) are saying the results are inconclusive.
Thanks for input JD...and don't ya just love how the news ALWAYS put their own spin on shit...and DONT give all the facts like the ones you mentioned. .!!! Also anything I heard on the news NEVER mentioned if ANY of these problems were due to the possibility that these men could have hereditary conditions. ..and of course their lifestyle....personally I took it as a grain of salt...but just wanted to see what others thought or knew about this bullshit. ..I mean shit... Tylenol can kill a person and it's an OTC nsaid..!!! Thanks

Tort Lawyers would sue a ham sandwich if there was money in it. They do not need common sense or facts on their side they just need to wear down big pharma and the doctors insurance companies enough for them to say it is less expensive to pay the lawsuit then fight it. Rarely does tort cases such as these deal with reality.

I think these lawsuits are a result of the VA doing a study that found certain men developed cardiovascular issues and strokes. The study got slammed by researchers saying it is deeply flawed. Doesn't mean lawyers cannot sue and win.

Very true...and to me they finally just picked a bone with TRT...cuz every damn week these advertisements come out about antidepressants. ..or some kind of medication causing this..that..and always a Lawyer advertisement !!!! I hate how the news and media report ONLY what they want the public to hear...Instead of INCLUDING ALL the facts of these studies. .!!! JD had some solid factual information if u read the next page..!!!..and if the news is gonna report this shit. ..they should INCLUDING ALL FACTS like JD included in his response. .!!! Thnx for input bro.!!

Back