• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How soon after surgery to start a cycle

hamchuck

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hello, looking for suggestions on when to start next cycle. Recently re herniated my L5 s1 and had surgery. Been back to the gym for the past 2 weeks doing high rep low weight . Doc said I have 3 more weeks to go before I can squat and do deads again. So my question is if I want to run a test only cycle will it be better to wait until I can fully do back and legs. Or since it's slow to get going would it be a good idea to start it now? Thanks in advance for any advice !

AAS doesn't necessarily help healing, some times it's detrimental. I would wait until your doc clears you to lift again at least.

Hello, looking for suggestions on when to start next cycle. Recently re herniated my L5 s1 and had surgery. Been back to the gym for the past 2 weeks doing high rep low weight . Doc said I have 3 more weeks to go before I can squat and do deads again. So my question is if I want to run a test only cycle will it be better to wait until I can fully do back and legs. Or since it's slow to get going would it be a good idea to start it now? Thanks in advance for any advice !
Oh man I feel your pain. Although I did not have surgery I herniated the disk at the L4-L5 and another at L5-S1 with enough nerve impingement that I could not pick up my left foot. I did very conservative recovery with depo-medrol injections as needed.

You do not want to fuck your back up again. Go SLOWLY working on your core first.

AAS doesn't necessarily help healing, some times it's detrimental. I would wait until your doc clears you to lift again at least.
Thanks I hear ya. It was hard enough waiting 6 weeks to hit the gym. I have the ok on most stuff just no deads or squats for a few more weeks. I was looking at it like maybe by the time I'm good to go the gear would be pumping in the system good. But I think like you said I just really need to let it heal . Hard to do though! !

It just sucks second surgery same disc. I lost 12 lbs on the percoset and passout for half the day diet.

Back