PDA

View Full Version : Creatine

Smokey3
03-07-2014, 06:12 AM
I read mix reviews on creatine. Some swear by it; others stay away because they say it causes a bloated look, water retention.

Smokey3
03-07-2014, 06:15 AM
I voted never because I haven't used it in a while. That may change.

l69lou
03-07-2014, 06:16 AM
I think unless you are going to compete you wouldn't notice any real difference in your look . Creatine has been shown to be effective . You just want to keep your stores full not go crazy on it . 5g a day once you get full will keep it that way for most . And plenty of water !

Smokey3
03-07-2014, 07:05 AM
I think unless you are going to compete you wouldn't notice any real difference in your look . Creatine has been shown to be effective . You just want to keep your stores full not go crazy on it . 5g a day once you get full will keep it that way for most . And plenty of water !

Thanks Lou.

Don't get me wrong....I used started using creatine from the day it was introduced to the public over 20 years ago, and used it for a long, long time. Now I want more of a harder look and was wondering if taking out the creatine, IN ADDITION to diet & training, will be one more thing that will help.

Daimonos
03-07-2014, 08:48 AM
It worked for me just the first time I took it...years ago.but probably it was due to my diet,I wasn't eating enough proteins and calories,so I was able to feel the creatine effect (I think it was that).
when my diet improved,I took creatine another couple of time ( a couple of cycles) but I didn't feel a shit.the only supp that works fo me is glutamine,but high doses,at least 40-50 g a day.

Dieseljimmy
03-07-2014, 09:07 AM
I put it in and take it out. usually if I see a sale on it. or if in my pWO drink.

when taken with AAS... I feel like its taking an aspirin while shooting morphine.

Sheriv
03-07-2014, 09:45 AM
^^ its in one of my workout drinks (post actually)

I don't really like it because of water retention

heavyiron
03-07-2014, 12:24 PM
I read mix reviews on creatine. Some swear by it; others stay away because they say it causes a bloated look, water retention.
Eating crap makes you hold water....I wouldn't worry about creatine.....

Smokey3
03-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Eating crap makes you hold water....I wouldn't worry about creatine.....

yeah....that's probably true :D

So do you use 5g a day of monohydrate?

Unlisted
03-07-2014, 05:13 PM
i mix 5g of mono with 5g glutamine in a big ass gatorade for a postwo drink..use to drink protein after wo but makes me sick but thats a whole nother thread..lol as far as the creatine its cheap and it cant hurt....i notice roughly 3-5lbs bloat from it when i jump on and off....

heavyiron
03-07-2014, 05:33 PM
i mix 5g of mono with 5g glutamine in a big ass gatorade for a postwo drink..use to drink protein after wo but makes me sick but thats a whole nother thread..lol as far as the creatine its cheap and it cant hurt....i notice roughly 3-5lbs bloat from it when i jump on and off....
You can add BCAA's to your drink for some added recovery brother.

Unlisted
03-07-2014, 06:15 PM

thx brotha....i take the ON 1000mg bcaa capsules pre and post wo plus when i wake up and before bed...i only drink protien shakes before wo so figured i need all the help i can get cause i have trouble(i should say i hate) eating like a cutting bb and protien powder kills my gut...not sure if thats over kill or not but untill i can find a way to down 300g of protien a day this is what i found works for me...any ideas im all ears....

Hanjava
03-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Creatine is cheap if you buy it by itself. Micronized is the way to go

Jack Link
03-09-2014, 11:45 AM
It worked for me just the first time I took it...years ago.but probably it was due to my diet,I wasn't eating enough proteins and calories,so I was able to feel the creatine effect (I think it was that).
when my diet improved,I took creatine another couple of time ( a couple of cycles) but I didn't feel a shit.the only supp that works fo me is glutamine,but high doses,at least 40-50 g a day.

What do you get out of glutamine? Weight? Strength?

Daimonos
03-09-2014, 01:59 PM
What do you get out of glutamine? Weight? Strength?
faster recovery and my muscles are a bit fuller.tried this thing after reading different articles written by a couple of italian bbers...I tried,it works.
def a faster recovery time,I tried with L-gluta and gluta peptides,last ones are better to me (and they don't taste so bad).
I don't know if it's bro-science,I've read these guys saying something interesting,and just gave a try.I wasted a fucking bunch of money on useless supplements,sometimes I wonder if I spent it on juice I would be fucking huge (or fucking dead LOL),but glutamine seems to work.

bdarg
03-09-2014, 02:02 PM
I never use it.

packers6211
03-09-2014, 05:32 PM
mono does it to my some times but i don't do the loading crap. I have found http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/finaflex-redefine-nutrition-crea-trona.html this to be very effective without the bloat.

hamchuck
03-09-2014, 06:23 PM
I like the con cret. No loading.. is nice micronized is definitely the way to go

bigtest
03-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Lol no votes as of yet for only on cycle

exerciseordie
03-11-2014, 08:18 PM

This! I swear by aminos since I started taking bigger doses than just 5g. I think the sweet spot for me is 15-20grams intraworkout.

I love my creatine. Take it everyday. Just like a vitamin lol

RAINier
03-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Creatine monohydrate makes me hold water, and bloats out my face even a little.

It's nice to use during PCT to give you a little help with keeping up the strength/lifts, and that's one of the uses I suggest people all the time.

Also really good for vegetarians for many reasons.

Smokey3
03-13-2014, 03:49 PM
I started taking it again. I can't make up my mind :D

TrenFreak89
03-18-2014, 05:01 PM
I drink 2g cee preworkout

mezii
06-10-2014, 08:46 PM
It's bad dieting that holds retention, creatine is innocent! lol but seriously.

DR.BroScience
06-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Regular creatine monohydrate. 5mg a day, none of this "loading" or micronized crap. It's probably the most studied and proven supplement out there. I don't gain weight from it nor do I experience bloat. I only ever stop taking it when I run out and am too lazy to buy more.

DemGainz
07-04-2014, 11:00 AM
I tried creatine monohydrate a few years ago. Loaded it and did the maintenance dose like the label said. But I would cramp like a mofo during my sports practice. I probably should've drank more water, but when your practice is 2.5 hrs in a hot room with a coach yelling at you to push yourself, you don't have a lot of opportunities for water breaks. I noticed a slight strength increase but it wasn't worth the cramps (for me). Now I just don't use it. I think it works for strength but if you sweat a lot, you will probably cramp imo.

nuttz51
07-05-2014, 11:34 AM
junk

juice and food

/thread

bigbreads80
07-05-2014, 03:17 PM
I save creatine for after a cycle. I believe that a break should be taken from creatine,just like anything else, and on cycle you really don't need it. Save it for off when you are and the body needs a little help with strength and recovery and what not. Creatine definitely helps. My total strength def goes down once stop supp creatine.

Unlisted
07-05-2014, 08:12 PM
i use creatine mone every postw/out and when i stop using it i notice about 3-5lbs weight diff...so i do hold some water on it,,,its very inexpensive and beneficial...imho

friendofzeus
07-05-2014, 08:13 PM
i cycle creatine 8 wks on 8 wks off, doesn't matter if i'm on cycle or not.