• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Tore Up

tommygunz

Assministrator
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Gotta tell you bros, I've been a little absent here and I apologize for that, actually been a little off on all boards. Been dealing with an injury I incurred about a month ago thats gotten worse, been trying to work through what I thought was some tendonitis, MRI says different. 1.1cm rim-rent anterior and posterior supraspinatus tendon tear, anterior superior labral tear and undersurface acromioclavicular osteophytes. AKA left shoulder is toast, and doing everything pretty much sucks. I haven't been on any meds for pain and crashing my test for a sponsor protocol has left me less than chipper, sorry guys.

No need to post to this, just thought you all should know I haven't abandoned the ship. TG

Yo T,

Sorry to hear about the shoulder, brother. What did the doctor say about lifting? What's the overall prognosis? I know you were getting ready to go on a blast again, and I hope this doesn't throw a wrench in your plans. Let us know how it goes, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

GS

Sorry to hear this Tommy. I tore my RTC tendon off the bone last Sept and I cried when they gave me the news ! You will get past this.

Hey TG,

Sorry to hear about the injury. Take care of it and heal up right the first time and all will be well.

I was out for the past year with an injury, so I know what its like. I stayed off the forums cause after reading for a while, I would get antsy and want to go workout. The one thing that I can tell you is that when you are healed and are back to lifting, the muscle comes back very quickly. Stick to some cardio to help get the want to workout pacified.

Good luck. It wont be easy, but in the end, you'll be back in top shape.

Surgery next Wednesday, doctor said that I would have a 6-8 week recovery before I lifted more than 30lbs, he also estimated my arm to weigh 50lbs, translation; a long time in a sling. I think after its all done I can ease back into lifting upper body, although I don't think I'll ever be 100%. I am still working legs abs and cardio 3x a week now and plan to keep up that sched post op. I'm going to cruise for at least 8 weeks and then work on a blast later. Gotta get well first.

Tore my rotator in 2005 Tommy, follow doctors orders and don't rush back and you'll be good as new once healed up.

IML Gear Cream!
Best of luck Tommy, wishing you a speedy recovery, brother.

Just FYI, gear will slow down the healing of tendons and joints. HGH will do the opposite. Maybe something to look into, lowering your cruise and getting some GH a few weeks after surgery.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to keep my cruise to a mortal level, lol and going to see my doc Thursday to pic up some Serostim, it's expensive as hell but it is worth it in my book, not going to take any short cuts or risks here. I'll be g2g in no time I'm sure, I've been through much worse trust me. I just don't feel like being on the boards a lot these days thats the message I was trying to express, thanks for the understanding.

I had a labrium tear in the left shoulder 2 years ago and couldn't lift for six months.Shoulder still feels a little weird at times but I am back at full strength now and you will be to tommy,good luck.

^^^^and full size bro, your pics are impressive. Thanks for the encouragement. Some day I'll do a collage of surgery scars and post it up, I'm Frankenstien, no joke. You can tear a lot of shit up in 50 years, I don't think I've missed many spots lol.

Tore my labrum and had the surgery before. (Among many others) The positive is the torn labrum surgery was not to bad, Tommy. It's an arthroscopic surgery, and the rehab was painful but not as debilitating as the other surgeries I had. They will have you do some band work but you will be back in action sooner than you think. I'd say your doctor gave you a top end estimate on the 6-8 weeks.

Truthfully, your shoulder will probably never feel the same as it was. But I just lift through it and have learned to deal with it. I've always felt that as long as Im not going to do anymore damage to it, then fuck it, just work through it. And that's pretty much what the case is with a torn labrum. You work yourself back at your own pace depending on how your shoulder feels.

Sorry you have to deal w it. In my experience w surgery and rehab, and I've had a lot surgeries, the mental part of it is what sucks. Dealing w the setback is a lot harder than dealing w the pain of rehab. Took me a while to realize the mental aspect.

recovery

Surgery next Wednesday, doctor said that I would have a 6-8 week recovery before I lifted more than 30lbs, he also estimated my arm to weigh 50lbs, translation; a long time in a sling. I think after its all done I can ease back into lifting upper body, although I don't think I'll ever be 100%. I am still working legs abs and cardio 3x a week now and plan to keep up that sched post op. I'm going to cruise for at least 8 weeks and then work on a blast later. Gotta get well first.

hi i had a rotater cuff tear dont remember the exact term it was in the front though .hopefully they can do ortoscopic on you . i had to be cut open because it was under the pec muscle or part of the repair area they had to get to was under pec. anyway as you said i couldnt even lift my arm at first probably after 4 months i could do 10 lbs overhead. the good news is i did have a complete recovery it did take time .alot of stretching etc. good luck .take it slow p.s didnt see your age i was 52 when that happened was out of work for 8 months.

Hang in there my friend-I am also fighting a medical war-but ALPHAS willl win !!! OD

OD my brother, you are the OG of ALPHAS, you are fighting a war, mine is but a battle. With bros like you around we can all be ALPHA someday :winkfinger: Thanks for your support my friend.

Back