• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Eating carbs at night will make you fat. BroScience?

linuxian

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm sure you've heard someone say that eating after a certain time of night will make you fat, etc. Well, awhile back while visiting Italy, I noticed a couple of things. One, very few fat people, nothing like the states anyway. Second, people commonly eat late at night. Not only that, they eat a lot of carbs late at night. In fact, most restaurants don't even open for dinner until after 8 or 9pm.

Since then, I've been convinced that this idea of not eating at night in order to lose weight is nothing more than broScience. I mean, think about it, if you're supposed to eat every 2 hours during the day, why would you want to start a 14 hour starvation event at 6pm?

Well, I happened to stumble across the link below that cites a study done in Israel supporting this conclusion. You might find their conclusions somewhat shocking.

Enjoy :)

http://iifym.com/carbs-at-night/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's not carbs at night that make humans fat , it's the sugar. Many muscular people eat pasta a night, it's the sugar to avoid

vysypy2a.jpg

Warrior

Bullshit.

Just like "stoking the metabolic fire" and eating every 2-3 hours.

Eat well, train hard.

Oh, and tren.

I eat all day and all night but most of my eating comes after 8pm. Unless I sit on my ass I will not get fat. Others may I don't know. Honestly I gain the most if I eat breakfast because once I start for the day I will be eating until I fall asleep and sometimes I eat IN my sleep. Am I the only person that ever fell asleep alone with half a pizza beside the bed and woke up to an empty box?! Still working like hell to get to 200 pounds...

Total macros is a million times more important than meal timing.

Warrior
exactly.here in Italy maybe we eat shit,but not so much (well,ok,I eat like a garbage truck).
I was looking at the "cheat meal thread" and u guys have some fucking insane fast foods or restaurants.just think that things get invented in europe,and then u american guys take em to the "pro level" ;)
a dear friend of mine has been in cali for almost a year,for study.he was impressed cause people usually eats a fucking amount of food,and most of it is shit,junk food.and he told me that no one drinks water,but almost only carbonated drinks.

Use to do the whole no carbs after 5pm thing, Now I eat 50-60 right before bed and look the best I've ever have. You get your Macros right and that's all you got to do.

What are your macros now? I've been shooting for 30% carb, 25% fat, 45% protein. Is that about right?.

total broscience, IMHO. I eat carbs up right up until bed and still wake up with abs and down a few lbs.

I use carb backloading. Best program for me. Everyone is different tho...

Get Shredded!
Most European and South American countries are like that. Their lunch is like are dinner and for dinner their meals are light and late 9pm or later. When eating out for dinner most portions are small. Breakfast is normally breads and fruits.

goodfind brotha....i bet they didnt have a strip of fast food resturants on every street either....just sayin....our countries fami!y values of sittin at a table with a home cooked meal has disapeared and is now replaced with on the go options that are a processed and full of who knows what and preservatives.......Id imagine heart desease amongst other things is alot lower places like that as well.....

I'm sure you've heard someone say that eating after a certain time of night will make you fat, etc. Well, awhile back while visiting Italy, I noticed a couple of things. One, very few fat people, nothing like the states anyway. Second, people commonly eat late at night. Not only that, they eat a lot of carbs late at night. In fact, most restaurants don't even open for dinner until after 8 or 9pm.

Since then, I've been convinced that this idea of not eating at night in order to lose weight is nothing more than broScience. I mean, think about it, if you're supposed to eat every 2 hours during the day, why would you want to start a 14 hour starvation event at 6pm?

Well, I happened to stumble across the link below that cites a study done in Israel supporting this conclusion. You might find their conclusions somewhat shocking.

Enjoy :)

http://iifym.com/carbs-at-night/

Calories in vs. calories out, nothing else matters.

Yes, timing can help with certain things but for the most part it doesn't really matter as long as you're needs are where they need to be for your goal at the time.

I often get the weed munchies late at night and end up eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches on whole wheat bread lol. Doesn't seem to slow me down a bit.

Eating a meal high in carbohydrates or a meal high in tryptophan, an amino acid that helps to induce sleep, found in foods such as milk, cheese, and meat, is effective for promoting sleep in deeper stages such as stage 3 and 4 of non-REM sleep as well as REM sleep. These are the stages that promote the highest level of physical and mental recovery from a hard days work, and this improved effectiveness of sleep and increased benefit to their sleep is why they choose to eat such foods before sleeping. Better sleep really means better gains and better state of well-being for us bb'ers. In fact, those on tren should keep tryptophan and carbohydrate dense foods on their checklist for sleep aids before resorting to pharmaceutical measures. And custom is right, it is also a sociocultural thing.. -mass

Last edited:
Back