• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Question about training while "on"

What do your splits look like?

I'm wondering if I am not training enough on cycle. The only muscle group I hit twice is back. I've been seeing solid mass and strength gains, but my soreness in a muscle group typically subsides after 2 days. So I'm wondering if I could squeeze some more workouts in.

Here is my current layout.

Monday - Chest and back
Tuesday- cardio
Wednesday- shoulders, bis and tris
thursday- cardio
Friday-legs and back
saturday- cardio
sunday- rest

I'm thinking of going

monday- chest, shoulders, and tris
Tuesday- back and bis
wednesday - legs and cardio
thursday- chest, shoulders and tris
friday back and bis
saturday- legs and cardio
sunday- rest

Got great results from this
Monday legs/abs
Tuesday chest/tris/cardio
Wednesday off
Thursday back/abs
Friday shoulders/bis/cardio

Just started doing this
Mon heavy on chest lite on back abs
Tues shoulders/bis/tris/cardio
Wed legs/abs
Thurs Heavy on back lite on chest cardio
Fri shoulders/bis/tris/abs

The true answer is "as many times as you want" as long as you get 8 hrs of sleep and at least 1g/1lb protein/bodyweight in.

Realistically, twice a week works well for me on cycle.

The true answer is "as many times as you want" as long as you get 8 hrs of sleep and at least 1g/1lb protein/bodyweight in.

Realistically, twice a week works well for me on cycle.

This is what I do as well, but I'll only isolate arms once per week. Occasionally twice but not often

1 Chest and back
2 Legs
3 Bis and tris
4 Shoulders
5 Rest day/cardio
Start over

Does twice-a-week run any risk of over-training and negating gains?
I'd have to say definately in most cases if your goals are mass/size, proper 6-7 day recovery is needed at least for me.
if goals are more geared toward cutting I'd say the recovery time is less. (Assuming lighter sets)
like GSR referred to food,rest will all need to be dialed in and I'd suspect lighter workouts.

I'd have to say definately in most cases if your goals are mass/size, proper 6-7 day recovery is needed at least for me.
if goals are more geared toward cutting I'd say the recovery time is less. (Assuming lighter sets)
like GSR referred to food,rest will all need to be dialed in and I'd suspect lighter workouts.

Cool, thx for the feedback from you and GS both. My fear is that overtraining is impossible to detect unless you eliminate all other possible causes and you're still on a plateau, and that might take a long while to figure out. I'm on a 5-7 day recovery pattern and use a muscle-soreness test for determining if I should wait an extra day here or there, but this is probably voodoo.

Does twice-a-week run any risk of over-training and negating gains?

Sure it can, but nobody knows your body or gear/training cycle. Are you doing 50 sets a week for chest, or 20? Big difference.

Twice a week can mean many things.

How many times a week do you guys train each muscle group?

My next bulking cycle,

Push (compound chest, isolation delt/tricep)
Legs (compound hamstrings, isolation quads, calves)
Pull (compound traps/biceps, isolation lats)
Break
Push (compound delts/tricep, isolation chest)
Legs (compound quads, isolation hamstrings, calves)
Pull (compound lats, isolation biceps/traps)
Break

Compound 5-8 reps x 6-12 sets
Isolation is 8-12 reps x 5-8 sets

Not advocating just want to give it a try.

I'm off, but prepping to be on in about 2 weeks(hopefully). I'm currently doing 2-a-days, I focus on 2 different muscle groups a day, they never fall on the same day of the week due to how i'm cycling them out. This morning is legs, and every workout I start out with roughly 3 to 6 miles of jogging at 8 mph, and finish with a similar cardio session. Also eating 200g of protein a day MINIMUM. I get about 100g+ just from protein shakes. If I put away less then 200g of protein I feel like complete jello-ass, i'm currently 5'11'', 188 lbs.

Back