• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Starting Over

Warriorblaze

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
After reading threads from D-Lats, SheriV, and just now AB5150, I've been inspired to throw my cards on the table too.

I lost my job of 7 years on Monday, because of a wreck in my company vehicle.

I got screwed out of my accrued vacation time and they even pro-rated my salary from the time of the wreck on my final check. Needless to say I feel pretty betrayed.

I've been stressing out over bills, child support and wondering if I can even draw unemployment. My insurance went out the window with my job so I went ahead and tapered off my depression and anxiety medication because it's not cheap. Probably not the best idea with my situation but it made sense at the time.

It's been a struggle to get out of bed some days. I felt overwhelmed.

Now for the good news... FUCK THAT JOB. I was stressed out constantly, on call 24/7 and could be asked to fly across the country at the drop of a hat. All without overtime, bonuses or even a "good job" from corporate.

I don't NEED a motorcycle, big house or expensive SUV. Those things have been tying me down. I've been chasing possessions when I should have been chasing experiences. If I go bankrupt, so be it. I'm finally free to change jobs. Free to relocate. Free to be happy.

Sorry for the long post/rant. I've made some good friends in my short time here at ASF, and maybe this will help someone else in the same situation. Just wanted to share and get it off my chest.

Don't worry, I don't plan on leaving the gym, the forum or my rep job at SFY :)

Warrior

When it became clear that I was going to divorce my wife of 8 years I went through something similar. I left everything except my truck, tools, and clothes because I didn't want my boys going through more than they had to and just signed away everything i had worked for except my kids. I had been killing myself to provide everything I could, keep her supplied with stuff, and still save for our future. After the divorce it was HARD with lawyer bills, child support, setting myself up with the basics again. After a year and getting out of debt I decided something had to give. I'd spent 9 years working 6,7 days a week 90+ hours a week for months at a time and had NOTHING to show for it except insomnia, nightmares, and a fucked up back. I took a chance and told my ex that money would probably be slow to come for a while, took a scary ass commission only job a friend had been offering me for a year and just did it. The first year was still hard while I learned what the hell even made me happy at 35 (weights, girls, and music turned out to be top three when my kids aren't here!). I wasn't ever 100% certain I'd made the right choices those first two years, but for going on a year now I have these moments where I look at what my job has grown into, and what my life has turned into and I just smile and thank God for how it's all turned out. I haven't gotten all the stuff back yet, but I'm making more than ever, ought to hit 6 figures this year, but most importantly I'm truly happier than I can ever remember being not just as an adult but ever.

I wish you the best of luck.

Hang tough, warrior. I got your back, brother. Correction, we got your back. Let us know if we can ever help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a recovering opiate addict of 6 years and my life was saved by the iron. When shit looks its worse just go to the gym and meditate by throwing 5 plates on a deadlift. By the time it gets passed your knees car insurance, mortgage, and relationship problems seem to wither into thin air

The last time I checked I found that our jobs are just means to an end. They provide us some funds to do give us the ability to do what we really want to do which happens after we clock out. So, if it's a negative situation and it's zapping the energy out of you kick that job to the stinking curb. Yeah, it'll hurt for a bit but you'll bounce back and get something that won't be so negative and the end result will be a much better quality of living. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's life Brother! I lost a bid on a home and got laid off a week later. Everything happens for a reason, so keep your head up. Remember there's a positive in every negative, you lost your job but you have the time to search for a better one. Stay strong.....

Sent Via My iPhone....

Sorry to hear ,im also in a similar position. My house caught fire this.past October. Lost everything. Lost my 2012 scion tc, 2000 Harley fatboy,97 miata ,all of which were customized. Lost 10k worth of tools not to mention my kids stuff. It was horrible. Tried to be a hero and stop it but couldn't,couldn't breathe inside, got my kids out and my daughter's bird. My 2 dogs of 7 years didn't make it. Only possession I saved is my mustang. It's terrible. Im starting over but just got a new job paying more than ive ever made,wife just got a promotion and my kids are doing great. I know ive been here a short time but I love it. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk 2

That sucks, warrior (and the rest of you guys). It will get better - just have to keep plugging away.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear Warrior. I'm sure you'll end up in a better place. Best of luck Bro.

IML Gear Cream!
Warrior, possessions don't make us who we are. You have to be happy, honestly I was miserable in my job for a long time but the pay was what kept me there. You stay strong Bro, life is too short to chase a paycheck. You're a great guy, a real friend. That right there is the important thing in life.

It may sound cliche' but I firmly believe things do happen for a reason. The job I mentioned in AB5150's thread probably would have killed me. Took awhile, but I am WAY happier now.

It's a new beginning, a new journey Warrior!

I can relate to that lost feeling. mine stem from unorganized priorities. I had a decent job as a union carpentry apprentice that I gave up on. Im a very smart young man just took a while to realize where I was heading. Now im in the rebuilding phase. I got married at a young age and am lucky my wife is patient and a team player. Waiting for my next move in mid april so I can start college classes.

Hang in theree brother! Pm me if I can help out any. Pretty sure we're not too far from each other

There is always a silver lining if you look hard enough.

In late 2008 my business went under and I couldn't take care of my bills, went through a divorce from hell; early 2009 I was diagnosed with cancer. Went through treatments and had more bills piled up. Decided to take a huge chance, so I filed BK, got my expenses to almost nothing, traded my nice car for a small fuel efficient vehicle lived on the bad side of town, put on a tool belt (thank you dad and grandpa for the knowledge), stood with the immigrant workers to get picked up to work every day and went back to school to get an advanced degree. Paid for school as I went and after three years finished. I was able to start my own business and because of my ability to live so cheaply, I can do work at a reduced rate of what others would charge, which has allowed me to acquire clients.

At nearly 55 years old I am enjoying what I'm doing (I always wanted to do this, but was unable to due to costs and commitments), making enough money to have fun, and met a wonderful lady who loves to work out with me (and is not interested in the size of my wallet). This is not the path I ever envisioned, but I'm having the time of my life. It is not about the things in life (which I chased for many years), it is about being happy and only you can make that happen!

I live every day to the fullest and never put off anything I want to do (within reason) because you never know what tomorrow holds!

Warrior, though some doors seem to have closed, this is a great time to see what others might open.

Good Luck

Good luck.
I've found those hardships get easier with time. It's makes us tougher. Allows us to learn a great deal from those experiences. There was a time I wished I coins just get rid of all the bad in my life. Now, I wouldn't change anything for the world. It led to all the great that I have in my life (my kids).

After reading threads from D-Lats, SheriV, and just now AB5150, I've been inspired to throw my cards on the table too.

I lost my job of 7 years on Monday, because of a wreck in my company vehicle.

I got screwed out of my accrued vacation time and they even pro-rated my salary from the time of the wreck on my final check. Needless to say I feel pretty betrayed.

I've been stressing out over bills, child support and wondering if I can even draw unemployment. My insurance went out the window with my job so I went ahead and tapered off my depression and anxiety medication because it's not cheap. Probably not the best idea with my situation but it made sense at the time.

It's been a struggle to get out of bed some days. I felt overwhelmed.

Now for the good news... FUCK THAT JOB. I was stressed out constantly, on call 24/7 and could be asked to fly across the country at the drop of a hat. All without overtime, bonuses or even a "good job" from corporate.

I don't NEED a motorcycle, big house or expensive SUV. Those things have been tying me down. I've been chasing possessions when I should have been chasing experiences. If I go bankrupt, so be it. I'm finally free to change jobs. Free to relocate. Free to be happy.

Sorry for the long post/rant. I've made some good friends in my short time here at ASF, and maybe this will help someone else in the same situation. Just wanted to share and get it off my chest.

Don't worry, I don't plan on leaving the gym, the forum or my rep job at SFY :)

Warrior

That sux bro... !! But as the old saying goes... "Sometimes doors close....so u find the right one to open".... u helped me out alot bro when I first joined ASF... i wish u the best of luck in finding a new job...and starting a new future!!!! Your a good dude so I'm sure something will pop up soon brother..!!! Stay Strong my friend. .!! -----peace

I'm thinking about relocating. I've got some friends that live close to Lake Tahoe who keep telling me to come out. I'm seriously considering it once I get things in line here.

How bad fucking ass would that be? I've thrown it all aside and hit the road before but it's been years ago. Maybe it's just what I need.

Warrior

its funny how fast mood can change....

I went from pretty stressed this morning, to pretty chill and content...found something while cleaning the house that sent me into a tailspin of anxiety

ate a xanax...I'll let ya know where this rollercoaster lands tomorrow..lolol

Get Shredded!
its funny how fast mood can change....

I went from pretty stressed this morning, to pretty chill and content...found something while cleaning the house that sent me into a tailspin of anxiety

ate a xanax...I'll let ya know where this rollercoaster lands tomorrow..lolol

One of the perks of being bipolar, welcome to my world lol

Warrior

I don't have vids but I do have a pic for you.

Ice + telephone pole at 35mph.

uty2a5az.jpg

Warrior

Ah shoot, don't worry man ^^

Move to the southwest, it's a'niceeeeee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe is beautiful Warrior, we go there often.

Just talked to Olympus about my decisions and he said something very profound when I talked to him about missing only the money from my job. He said he'd never seen an armored car following a hearse.

Damn that hit home hard.

Hey Warrior, sorry to hear about that job drama man. Its unfortunate that companies treat employees like expendable faceless numbers. Seems to be the norm these days. Trust me, I'm in the same boat ... I'm quite certain if I wrecked my company car I'd be in the unemployment line tomorrow. As men, often our identities tend to be shaped by our professions and when that rug gets yanked out from underneath us it can set life into a real tailspin. I'm glad you're taking this opportunity to explore new life experiences bro... that leap of faith is hard but I believe in the nothing ventured nothing gained cliche. I very recently started working alot less and trying to enjoy life more ... honestly I'm WAY happier. Its easy to fall into that trap of work work work ... working overtime to get ahead and just end up spending it all on superfluous shit anyway. Good luck and keep ur head up bro.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back