• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Honoring the 7th Commandment

Franco

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
With so much talk about increased sex drive when test levels increase I think we are forgetting about the big picture.
Does a guy throw away everything that is morally right because he has goals to increase his physique?

Bodybuilders get accused of being selfish as it is, why can't we be disciplined in other area's of our lives like we are with our training and diet?
What about God, family, and country?
Just because we have ambitions and dreams do we ignore our other oaths?
We can still honor our commitments before the Lord and with our wives.

Have we become so egotistical that we will throw away all the virtuous, time-proven institutions, all stable foundations, all for muscle and strength gain?
What about our children? Do we want to trash our families so we can have nice in shape bodies?
Not me!

I have been married to one wife for 33 years and we have 3 grown children and I have never cheated on my wife.
We must be careful when we are too self -focused because we are not only ripping muscle tissues but we are ripping the very fiber that holds our families,
our culture and our nation together; apart.
Lust, coveting, pride, selfishness are all destructive and we are supposed to be "builders"
We can still honor our covenants and be in great shape.
We can honor God's Commands and still be great in the gym and everywhere else.

Brothers, if you are married, stay married, if you are single and not ready to make a "lifelong commitment" don't get married.
We are not to be spoiled children, we are to be examples, disciplined athletes , the best at everything not just muscle and strength building.
Franco

Telling folks to stay faithful to their wives. Cool. All for that.i dont want to see gear be the cause of any broken families. As for the rest of your bible thumping fairytale bs take that shit to the pit i could care less about it.

Not exactly seein where ur goin with this one... Don't generalize bodybuilders, just cuz u may have met a few bad apples doesn't mean we re all like that, only god can judge me bro!

No need for a life coach here.

This is a very intelligent and thoughtful post encouraging us to not simply be self centered , make ourselves feel good at any cost hedonists . It is a subject I think about often especially that I don't become self absorbed and think my wants and desires are the be all and end all of my existance . Many of us are married and with all the increased libido that comes with AAS jeopardizing that commitment can become a very real trap that will have terrible consequences . Life is about balance , for those of us who believe in God and have a relationship with him through his Son He is the first priority then we have those we love and who rely and depend on us . We have our friends and even our community . I love the BBing lifestyle , it has given me alot but I would never want it to contribute to me becomming selfish and ignoring the others in my life . I think the discipline it teaches can help make me a better man , a better husband and a better friend .

I can honestly say that using gear has greatly improved my marriage. I am way more attentive to my wifes needs, is it because I am horny as hell? maybe, but I am way nicer and more pleasant to be around. I also have the energy to get all those extra tasks done even after a hard days work. I am in no way self centered, I give more when I am on as long as I get my gym time.

Everyone has there own opinion, and I have mine.
A well disciplined man is one who is well disciplined.
In the service I am not going out on night maneuvers with an undisciplined soldier and in the gym I am not taking n a training partner who is not disciplined either.
Many Americans are self absorbed.
Prior to 1960 the divorce rate was around 3% now it is 60%
All I am saying is don't get married and start juicing and then say your wife can't keep up with your sex drive demand. Use reason.
Don't throw away what is right,moral and true for an hour of fame.
Take it easy guy's, and use your strength for good.

IML Gear Cream!
Well looks like Custom is going to hell.....about 40 times

we can hang! you bring the bean bag game and Ill bring the cervias....

hey bet the chicks are slutty. this is sounding kinda outstanding this hell you speak of

I always liked lawn darts and I hear hell is forever so we got that going for us.....

I don't believe in god or religion and yes I do believe bodybuilding is a selfish thing. It's obvious you are focused on you and you alone. The benefit I have when competing is my wife stands behind me and helps me with my supplements and groceries and preparing my meals. She doesn't mind the selfishness either

how does that saying go? "juice not, let ye be juiced?" . . . no that's not right. . .

Are we really having a moral / religious debate on an AAS site? Don't see that very often.

In all seriousness Franco your post reminds me of a letter that Paul wrote to the Phillippians. I like it.

:winkfinger:

That's what i was thinking lol. But seriously this is the last thing i expected to see when i hopped on this bish lol

Get Shredded!
Thanks SoCalJC,

The discussion started elsewhere as the results of other posts so I added my 2 cents.
With the world going to pot I am trying to encourage the guys to practice the same discipline in their everyday lives as the do with their training regiments.
Take care and stay - Forever Pumped

Discipline is not a religious subject.
We all do it every day to some extent.
Debating is good it causes you to use your mind "the one on the top of your neck"
Why is it called religion when a guy want's to honor the Holy God of Heaven? It's not religion, it's "Perfect Love"
Everyone loves what they want, I want to love God and therefore I discipline my mind and body and soul accordingly.

Back