• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Fuck!!!!!

djquirk

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I've been dealing with "tennis elbow " in my left (dominant) arm for awhile now and it's recently, and for no reason, gotten much worse and progressed to where I have golfers elbow as well on the same arm. I had a fitness test the other day and normally in 2 minutes I can do about 80 push ups. This day I did 11. (sad face here). So I finally gave in and went to the doc. He shot my elbow full of cortisone. It's all good and feels a little better but the only real cure for this injury is rest. He told me 6 months is not uncommon. FUCK!! I was just about to start a cycle. I guess it could be an excuse to work on my cardio and get back into that area but the thought of staying out of the weight room for 6 months has me pissed. I'm going to do what the doc says but it's still a bummer. Anyone else had a similar experience? I could use some perspective.

Yup, rotator cuff, thankfully I didn't have a tear, but I did have a serious case of tendonitis. I couldn't lift my arm over my head for 4 weeks, even though I was on a anti inflammatory. During this time all I did was get my diet in check and started killing the cardio. The shoulder is fine now, and I did benefit from the injury. I went from 15-16ish% BF (maybe more) down to 9% in 3 months. After I was able to work out I didn't even go right back to the gym. I was doing crossfit/kettle bell workouts.

Damn it ...Sucks, but you know what impresses me about BBers, gym rat, fitness nut (however one perceives themself) is how you DJ immediately find the positive in this situation. Yeah cycle was gonna start, no iron for awhile but you decide fuck it ill hit cardio and improve myself that way!!! It's that positive mental mind set that separates athletes of any form from the everyday half glass empty mentality.

Keep your head up bro, 6 months will be here before you know it.

So I've been dealing with "tennis elbow " in my left (dominant) arm for awhile now and it's recently, and for no reason, gotten much worse and progressed to where I have golfers elbow as well on the same arm. I had a fitness test the other day and normally in 2 minutes I can do about 80 push ups. This day I did 11. (sad face here). So I finally gave in and went to the doc. He shot my elbow full of cortisone. It's all good and feels a little better but the only real cure for this injury is rest. He told me 6 months is not uncommon. FUCK!! I was just about to start a cycle. I guess it could be an excuse to work on my cardio and get back into that area but the thought of staying out of the weight room for 6 months has me pissed. I'm going to do what the doc says but it's still a bummer. Anyone else had a similar experience? I could use some perspective.

Good positive spin on things. Docs always overestimate recovery time.

I had similar trouble man. I now warm up shoulders before every workout. Also I listen to my elbows during tricep workouts.

Going too heavy on triceps especially above the head can destroy your elbows.

Good luck!

djquirk, I had a problem like that. Had no idea what was causing it. Kept getting worse and worse. Finally realized it was a movement I was doing, it was caused by sitting on a incline bench (leaning back) and doing alternating dumbbell curls. Don't know why but I can do curls any other way, and it never bothers me at all. Still, even after it healed, if I try that move... O boy it lets me know It's not gonna work.

I'm thinking... it's something in your routine causing the problem bro. When you find what it is, you will have to stay away from it, or go much lighter with the weight. Maybe just a small change, different angle you need.

Last edited:
Also a good time to hit the legs hard. If you are careful, you can still load the weights on the bar and blast the shit of them. You may have to load 25 pounders rather than 45s, but its and option. Unless you belong to a gym and can use the machines.

ouch. that sucks

Focus hard on another body part! Recovery time is something you can't escape. You'll be healed faster than 6 months, that's a pretty high estimate.

Have had the same injury due to lifting and overuse at work .. check out apitherapy - a natural remedy similar to cortizone ..getting stung by a honey bee maybe muliple times at the source of the pain ..dont knock it without trying it .. if your a doubter thats fine , i have had this done many times for various injuries elbows and shoulders .helped considerably still would need to rest it to let inflamation subside . check it out.

I had some bad tennis elbow for about a year, tried many things: large dosage (3200mg) ibuprofin each day for several weeks, ice packs a few times a day, and a pressure fitting. Tried those serially, then together. None of it seemed to work.

The last thing I tried was tennis ball therapy which simply involves your elbow, a tennis ball, and a wall, rolling around over the inflamed area for 5+ mins/day with as much body weight leaning into the ball/wall as you can tolerate. After a few weeks it really worked, so far as I could tell, and the injury slowly disappeared.

But this could also just be post hoc ergo propter hoc and the injury was on its way out anyway, and the tennis ball thing was just lucky timing. Who knows.

For me I believe it was the preacher curls that started it. So the doc's telling me yeaterday it's from moving weight while my wrists are pushed back or forward all the way at a 90 degree angle from my forearm and I'm thinking, yep, that's me, stacking on so much weight that my wrists are bent all the way back as I bring the weight up. What the fuck use are big arms if you can barely use them?? Lesson learned: proper technique is non-negotiable. If I read as much about technique as i do about juice and diet I'd probably wouldn't be injured at all.

Sorry to hear that bro it sucks not being able to lift I ha the same thing and the doc told me 4 to 5 months so I quit lifting for 3 months and started back and it was gone so maybe it won't take as long as you think just find other things to do in the gym like yoga! Just kidding it will get better just don't rush it

I don't like to take deca by itself without some sort of test but deca would be good for the joints

I had the same thing happen in my left forearm and it almost put me out.
I turned my wrist various ways and determined that for me it was trying to go heavy on straight bar curls.
I no longer use straight bar and went to E-z curl curls.
This helped a lot. Plus I was doing db curl cross over moves at the end of a bicep routine warming up triceps to get them next and I think that cross over moved caused some of it also.
So....For me E-z curls and very light db cross overs are working pretty good.
I hear you on how frickin bad it hurt. Every time I went to the gym I was thinking I could work through it and all I did was make it worse.
Some time off, changed a few things and I'm back.
Oh....One more thing I do is use wrist wraps and I bought a tennis elbow velcro strap like thing I use all the time. I believe I got it at osco, it was like 16 bucks.
Seems to help or at least make me feel more confident when lifting.
Hope you can get back at it soon.

Get Shredded!
The deca will help your joints but by.them.sounds of it it is your extensor tendon.

Lots of ice...take a golf ball and roll it up and.down the muscle belly and tendon (near lateral elbow). It. hurts like hell but you break up and adhesions and it. helps flush inflammation .

Then immediately after, gently stretch! Keep elbow straight, take your other hand and pull the wrist down and give gentle pressure towards them outside (so down and out while keeping.them elbow straight). This will help keep that tendon loose and mobile. Do that everyday and you should see improvements. Avoid machines for a little bit as.they are fixed motions and this causes overuse quickly because.of that fixed ROM

Very usefil information.
Thank you.
I just went out in the garage and got a golf ball and filled my re-usable ice pack with water.
My arm is much better but I am going to do this after every workout.
You need reps bro.
DONE.LOL

Aflutop absolutely cured my horrible tennis/golfers/bobybuilders elbow problem. It was absolutely painful on tricep days. Now no pain at all. Did 2 20 day cycles of alflutop at 1 ml a day. Normal dosage for alflutop, really.

Pmd, djquirk.

You could also look into some thymosin beta 4 or bpc 157. Those work good too. Id start with alflutop though.

Last edited:
check out apitherapy

hi ,i have had the same problem ,also rotater cuff injuries check out apitherapy .receiving stings from honey bees .. much like a natural cortizone . works wonders .you would still need time off but i would say1 to 2 months at the most. i was a doubter until i went and did it . i was amazed .

Back