• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Training question

Alcan

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm needing help with a leg work out. I can't do squats due to a left fused ankle just had 17 th surgery I'm three months in also have really weak right leg due to quadricep reattachement surgery what exercises you all have for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a Dr, or an expert, so I would say talk to your surgeon(s) before doing anything. Might also want to discuss PT with the doc as well.

If that is all good, do extensions, hamstring curls, and maybe low weight leg press or hack squat? A lot of this is based on what I did for myself after 17scopes on my knee and an ankle reconstruction. I am now getting into squats, but i relied on leg press and hack squats for 20yrs.

Sent from the Planet Fitness holding cell because I asked to use the squat rack.

Thank you very much for your input you have a good point about asking surgeon I hadn't planed on that

Thank you very much for your input you have a good point about asking surgeon I hadn't planed on that

Yeah, as someone with a history of leg problems, I've learned to ask the doctor first. I was leg pressing 1500lbs for full sets for years and didn't realize my shin was broken and had healed incorrectly, so the ankle now has zero cartilege, which SUCKS on leg day... And I still haven't gotten the legs back to 1200lbs yet. A quick trip to the doc would have shown the problem and fixed it with faaaaaaar less damage.

Sent from the Planet Fitness holding cell because I asked to use the squat rack.

Yes I understand the leg problems as I am 50 and still have not grown up enough to stop racing motocross. I may be done though after this ankle fusion thing but hope not

Back