• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Training on cycle vs off cycle.

I try to keep them exactly the same and if your hitting the food real heavy u will keep most of your gains.the longer your off / cruising u may start to see your recovery needs more time . hope this helps

Train hard while on or off :winkfinger:

My problem seems to be that when ON cycle, I can progress with noobish gains and never hurt myself because I am getting stronger and not pushing the envelop by forcing strength. However, when I come off, I slowly lose gains and while trying to maintain strength I tend to get small injuries.

Given that, it seems working in a slightly higher rep range may be safer off cycle, because if you are losing strength and hitting heavy doubles or triples, you may find that form breaks down and you are more susceptible to injury. I still havnet found the happy medium of how to lift hard and deal with losing strength without just giving up on my old on cycle PRs while off cycle

i work out like a girl when im off lol

My problem seems to be that when ON cycle, I can progress with noobish gains and never hurt myself because I am getting stronger and not pushing the envelop by forcing strength. However, when I come off, I slowly lose gains and while trying to maintain strength I tend to get small injuries.

Given that, it seems working in a slightly higher rep range may be safer off cycle, because if you are losing strength and hitting heavy doubles or triples, you may find that form breaks down and you are more susceptible to injury. I still havnet found the happy medium of how to lift hard and deal with losing strength without just giving up on my old on cycle PRs while off cycle

this for sure, but sometimes i do hi rep while on. which seems to give my muscles a harder look

Do your workouts differ any when on cycle vs off? What do you guys do personally?

Working out natty sucks. There is no two ways about it. It hurts....it just sucks. 3 fucking days on 1 friggin ml of test and my joints feel better.

First of all one needs to realize that weather on or off cycle you need to really go all out. Half hearted actions create half ass gains.
You will notice that your strength is not up to scratch and that you may fatigue quicker but its all a mind game. Myself personally hate training off cycle but it has to be done so the body can stabilize its natural hormones....with a PCT of course. This is why there is such a thing. Do it the right way and you cant go wrong.

Do your workouts differ any when on cycle vs off? What do you guys do personally?

My workouts are structured the same. Since im a powerlifter I have my offseason while off. I start out with rehab/prep movements on an as needed basis with higher reps (5-10), and progress to movements the more closely mimic the competition lifts but target a weakness.

By the end my off-season training looks almost like my meet prep except lighter weights and higher volume.

Back