PDA

View Full Version : how to train during cut?

mkpaint
01-15-2014, 04:54 AM
I'm doing cardio in empty stomach then but time is limited. Am I better off going light weight high reps or keep pushing to failure? On a trt dose of test 200mg a week nothing else.

your123man
01-15-2014, 05:25 AM
I dont really change my lifting scheme much. Just throw in cardio in the AM, fasted. I'll start 2x a week and increase it as needed. The food is where youre going to lose the weight, not so much your training regiment imo

mkpaint
01-15-2014, 05:59 AM
I just didn't know since I was calorie delpleted if it was more negative on muscles to work hard without food to rebuild properly. I am consuming enough protien

l69lou
01-15-2014, 06:03 AM
You want to keep on training to put on muscle . Whatever scheme has worked for you keep it up . It is the calorie defecit that will burn your bodyfat reserves . This deficit is caused by taking in less that you need to maintain your current weight and by doing cardio to accelerate the fat burning . During this you want to keep the muscle from being burned . This is done by eating lots of protein and eating frequently and keep your weight training heavy and hard although you may be tired from the lack of carbs during this . You may have to back off the weight some but going to light weights for very high reps will only result in smaller muscles . The cardio should not be balls to the wall just moderate or again muscle will start to be burned although mixing in some HIT cardio works great for fat loss . As far as going to failure I wouldn't go to failure every set , maybe just one set of an exersise say your last set . Hope this helps .

mkpaint
01-15-2014, 06:49 AM
yes thanks

mkpaint
01-16-2014, 06:02 AM
I've added 20-30 min cardio on empty stomach 4 times a week and cut cals to 2000 2800 is maint.

Dannie
01-17-2014, 05:47 AM
Workout Fasted
Focus on compound movments
Omit some isolation exercises

Keeping the poundage and rep range the same as on bulk / strength accumulation is very import.
If you lower weight - increase rep range or simply go from benching 260 for 10 to 7 reps you will loose some muscle. After-all bigger muscle = stronger muscle.

linuxian
01-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Working out on an empty stomach is going to hold you back. How can you get a good workout if you're half dead? If you can't work your muscles to maximal intensity, you're gonna loose muscle. No energy = no intensity = no muscle. It's that simple.

High reps/low weight? Toss this directly into the bro-science pile. If you want size you need to stress the muscle through its full range of motion. Stressing the muscle is achieved by keeping proper form and using appropriate weight. Like 123man said, don't change your workout because you're on a diet. Eat better calories.

Like a few of the guys have pointed out, Weight-loss primarily happens in the kitchen, not the gym. I agree 100% and have years if empirical evidence in my closet to prove it. With that said, the two are not completely disjointed from each other. Adding muscle increases your RMR, If you drop muscle mass, you will lower your resting metabolic rate (RMR) making weight loss even harder. Keeping your RMR as high as possible trumps anything you can do on a treadmill.

Shift your macros to 50%+ from protein. Also, eat at least 6 times a day. Breakfast and Snacks should include low a carb protein shake. The idea is to keep plenty of aminos in your blood stream so muscle is somewhat shielded from caloric deficit demands.

Do a small about of high fiber carbs before your workout to get you moving in the gym. You gotta have that intensity! I'll stop and grab a granola bar or some other high fiber carb source. The fiber helps control the insulin spike keeping your blood sugar stable.

I can't say how many calories you should do because I don't know what your RMR is.

Do NOT eat ANYTHING with sugar (sucrose) or High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. Fructose is the diet killer!! Keep high fructose fruits to a minimum and absolutely NO candy.

My magic mix seems to be
45% protein
25% fat
30% carbs

I strive for 50% but rarely seem to make it. I'm shredding fat right now and growing muscle at the same time. I've put 1/2 inch on each thigh and 1/2" on my chest in the past 5 weeks while shrinking my waist by over 2-1/2 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

mkpaint
01-20-2014, 07:35 AM
thanks for advice. my bf is to high like 20% which is lowest its ever been was like 40 at one time. so I'm trying to lower it down to like 13-15 without loosing to much muscle. that's why cardio on empty stomach.