• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Question on "rebooting" your system

tgsaku

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys don't post often but I always enjoy reading the boards. I have a question for anyone with experience in long term HRT...
Read an article recently espousing the benefits of doing a system "reboot" every 12-18 months when on HRT. Essentially going through the process of using clomid/nolva with HCG to kickstart your system naturally and make sure things are working ok.
I feel as though this has some merit but would like to hear everyone's thoughts on it. Also, anyone can point me to a thread that outlines a good formula for attempting such a reboot would be appreciated.

My opinion is don't get on HRT unless you have low levels of test. If you have low levels naturally your system re-boot will boot back to low T. Which is why one would start trt. If you are able to re-boot to healthy levels you didn't need HRT to begin with.

After seeing my doc a few times, I legitimately had "Low T". Even at my age. In saying that and doing all the blood work and such, he prescribed me the everything I needed for TRT. After doing it for four months, it was great. But I was shut down about as bad as being on a cycle. I was blown away. And it sucked. Of course I didn't have the sides I would of being on a cycle but that's when I figured for myself, that I was going to do a few cycles through the year and and just keep it as that. For me there's no need. But when I do go to TRT, it will be for good, no turning back. Every once in awhile, after I've done a pct and have been off for an extended time, If I need a little kick in the pants, I'll do what I call a "reboot PCT". There's no theory in this except for the fact that it works for me. but back to the OP, I do believe that you should give yourself a naturals fighting chance. but If your going for years on end with trt, chances are that it's going to be harder and harder to get your natty levels up. If not nearly impossible.

My Dr., who is a TRT advocate, has told me I could stop for awhile every year (I am prescribed 200mg test. cyp per week, been on for almost 6 years now), but I don't do it. For me, being on test has been a godsend and I'm not going to mess with that. My bloodwork is always good and I feel great, so I don't see the need. Of course, everyone is different, so you might want to try it.

I am on TRT becasue my T levels were low and there was no chance they would improve. I am past child bearing. I personally will never reboot my system. I would be rebooting to the low levels I had before that caused me to go on TRT to start with. I do not want to go back there ever. There are some studies that indicate it is very heard to reboot after an extended period of time on TRT. I do use HCG purely for aesthetic purposes wehich I guess could help if I ever needed to come off TRT but I will never need to do that.

I will be pinning for the rest of my life and am happy to do it. The quality of my life has been significantly imporved from the old tired no boner lifestyle I had before. Now, I am 52 and in awesome shape with good muscle mass and boners to spare.

You may be in a different part of your life but I can tell you the only reboot I will be doing is on my PC (HA, yeah, I know, not funny).

I wish you the best brother.

Agree with Pappybay-- over three years trt. Wouldn't even consider trying a reboot----------feel too good to mess with things.

Back