• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

If you think US politics are bad

tommygunz

Assministrator
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Togo women call sex strike to force president's resignation

By Douglas Stanglin, USA TODAY

Updated 2012-08-27 12:11 PM

An opposition protester on Saturday holds a sign reading 'Faure, Resign,' referring to Togo's president, Faure Gnassingbe, and citing an article of the constitution that protesters say gives them the right to engage in civil disobedience. Women have called a sex strike to back the call for his resignation.

Erick Kaglan, APWomen in Togo have called a week-long sex strike to back their call for the resignation of the country's president, the Associated Press reports.The ban is supported by an opposition coalition of political parties, civic groups and movements in the west African nation.

The coalition wants President Faure Gnassingbe, whose family has held power for decades, to resign.

Earlier this month, two anti-Gnassingbe protests were dispersed by police using tear gas and more than 100 people were arrested.

Opposition leader Isabelle Ameganvi says the sex strike could be a "weapon of the battle" to achieve political change.

"We have many means to oblige men to understand what women want in Togo," says Ameganvi, leader of the women's wing of the coalition.

She says she was inspired by a similar strike by Liberian women in 2003, who used it to campaign for peace.

Abla Tamekloe, who lives in Lome, the capital, tells the AP that the strike is a good thing that will help win the release of children jailed by the government.

"For me, it's like fasting, and unless you fast, you will not get what you want from God," she says.

When asked if her husband will agree with her stand, Tamekloe said: "I have no choice, and he has no choice, either. It is easy for me to observe it. I am used to it, but I am not sure my husband will accept, but I have to explain to him."

But Judith Agbetoglo, another Tologlese woman, expressed skepticism that her husband would go along with the ban for seven days.

"He may agree at first, but as far as I know him, he will change overnight," she tells the AP. "So I don't believe I can do the one-week sex strike. Otherwise, I will have serious issues with him. He likes that too much."

I know I would fold in like a $5 Walmart lawnchair in 24hrs. if this was to happen in my house!

Talk about hardline negotiations. Women using sex as a means to control behavior is downright BS. I mean, I understand that ending a bloody conflict is a worthy cause, but most women do it with the most petty of issues. Like getting me to not shave my head for a race by not putting out. Really? That happened to some guy I know....

In some places, the tactic has been quite successful - there was something about gang violence in South America that disappeared overnight because of the women.

Talk about hardline negotiations. Women using sex as a means to control behavior is downright BS. I mean, I understand that ending a bloody conflict is a worthy cause, but most women do it with the most petty of issues. Like getting me to not shave my head for a race by not putting out. Really? That happened to some guy I know....

Women have been doing this and will be doing this forever. It's the price we pay for the pussy.

Agree with Deja Vu, this is nothing new.....Damn them.... ^^^^ so did the guy shave his head or did the girl win?

Back