• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Blood test rsults are in.... Low T.... whats next

rangerfn7

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok finally got blood test results from Dr. have never done any aas. But i believe it is time. Test level was 170 ng/dl. About me 48 yr old 6' 5" 295 I lift heavy at least 4 times a week and have been doing so on and off for 20 years been pretty solid the last 2 years. I have changed my diet the last 4 months taking in at least 300 grams of protien a day and all lean meats and actually managed to put on some size and probably 15 lbs. Definitely have put on some size. But gotta get myself motivated to get to the gym when i do i feel great and can push more weight at the gym then i did when i was 25.

After doing a little reading on causes of hypogonadism i had a serious bike accident a long time ago and sustained massive trauma to my boys. Dr. said i would never be able to have kids or get wood but they lied and everything has always worked well. Not sure if this could now be a driving factor to the low T.

Dr. is now sending me to see Endo doc. I am sure that will be at least another 2 months before i get anywhere.

Guess my question is what is next? My plan was to do a cycle of Test Cyp does it make sense to do just do a cycle go on HRT long term? Is 170 that low? What have others done? How have others dealt with this? Thanks in advance for any help.

170 ng/dl is low .You can either go on TRT now - or do a blast and then cruise on TRT dose.Much is up to you-are you planning on self medicating ? Or -do you prefer to have a script from your Doc ? I would go with a script from doctor for your TRT / cruise -and then go ahead and blast.Lots of options-OD

That would be the plan. Only thing i see though is i wont be able to do anything till Doc gets TRT dosages correct (how the hell long will that take?). Get script then blast. But being already low and doing TRT what is the best way to accomplish, dosages, proper pct, cycle length??? Things are way diff from original plan of just doing my first cycle of cyp and seeing were that takes me.

Like OD Said. Get your script then you can do whatever you want and you always have your steady flow of test:)

The Endo will want to the his own blood work then after reviewing it, he will probably put you on some kind of booster. The time required depends on how busy the Endo is in your area. Just make sure it's a male doc, younger the better. The Female doctors that I've seen seem to think giving me testosterone is somehow going to turn me into a wife beating maniac. Fucking clueless because it pretty much does the exact opposite.

My doc started me on the topical gel. That worked for about a year and then it just seemed to stop helping.

Next came the conversation about pellets. I just about told her to eat shit and die

I had to get pretty forceful about the injections and even then my doc wanted me to come in and do them monthly. Yeah, I laughed at that bitch then too. She was driving me crazy.

About a year ago I started getting a little more aggressive with treatment and found a male doc. He was pretty much blown away and immediately changed my dose to 1cc of 200mg cyp per week. About 3 months later we upped it to 1.25.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Linuxian good info i will make sure i follow it. How low was your test and how much did 1cc boost levels? Thanks.

Ive been on TRT for three years through my dr. Blood work is done every three months to make sure everything is ok. In the beginning my level was just over 200 but now high 400 to mid 500. I am 48 and feeling great with the dose prescribed. I guess what I am trying to say is go through the process and see how you feel with endo's script.

Things in your favor: low test, fertility not an issue, injury/type one hypo

One thought, maybe urologist would be more sympathetic than endo because of your injury to treat his resulting problem. If you're not having documented medical issues indicating low test problems I'm thinking you're going to have a tough time getting this endo to prescribe without your hormone levels causing other problems. Remember the physician's credo, do no harm. Most physicians don't see test as positive/neutral to health, there has been a lot of noise out there about risks.

Just some thoughts. Had this battle myself. Endo diagnosed low t, never followed up after his ordered labs. GP who referred overruled base on the labs (and my advocacy) and put me on test after many years of QOL / low t symptoms we've been battling and trying other treatments with little success before getting the low t lab numbers.

I've had my level register on a blood test as low as 90! No shit 90!!
With my current dose at 1.5cc of 200mg cyp per week, I come in around 820.

When I self medicate with sust, I'm >1500 lol

Xan, I know exactly what you mean. I've become much more insistent and aggressive with my GP. I'm my own best advocate. I do my research and go in there with real world examples and counter arguments as to why I think the symptoms fit my situation. I don't milk the system, I'm working toward a truly stable level when dealing with the docs. If I wanna bump it up and go way beyond those parameters, I do it outside the doctors office. I don't doctor shop I just order what I need and when the cycle is done, I return to the cruise dose they have prescribed me.

I do a lot of blood work too.

IML Gear Cream!
Xan, I know exactly what you mean. I've become much more insistent and aggressive with my GP. I'm my own best advocate. I do my research and go in there with real world examples and counter arguments as to why I think the symptoms fit my situation. I don't milk the system, I'm working toward a truly stable level when dealing with the docs. If I wanna bump it up and go way beyond those parameters, I do it outside the doctors office. I don't doctor shop I just order what I need and when the cycle is done, I return to the cruise dose they have prescribed me.

I do a lot of blood work too.

^^ This.

You can do what you want, but I'd put in the time now to go through the normal channels (general practicioner, endo, etc) to get a TRT script. Just makes things easier/safer in the long rum. WHen they try to give you the gel, point out that you're married and actually like touching your wife and having her touch you (the gel is transferable, and testosterone application isn't usually on the good list of things for guys to give women). That argument works 2x as well if you have pre-pubescent kids (particularly males) in the house. Tell the doc that unless he's paying for a hot buxom blonde to come over and give you the anal suppositories (along with a BJ), that ain't gonna work either. Yes, it will take time, but (at least for me) having the legit script is a safety net/backup plan. You can always supplement once you have the script (and can always use the non-script gear first, so you have a stash of script gear for the future).

Just my $0.02.

^^ This.

You can do what you want, but I'd put in the time now to go through the normal channels (general practicioner, endo, etc) to get a TRT script. Just makes things easier/safer in the long rum. WHen they try to give you the gel, point out that you're married and actually like touching your wife and having her touch you (the gel is transferable, and testosterone application isn't usually on the good list of things for guys to give women). That argument works 2x as well if you have pre-pubescent kids (particularly males) in the house. Tell the doc that unless he's paying for a hot buxom blonde to come over and give you the anal suppositories (along with a BJ), that ain't gonna work either. Yes, it will take time, but (at least for me) having the legit script is a safety net/backup plan. You can always supplement once you have the script (and can always use the non-script gear first, so you have a stash of script gear for the future).

Just my $0.02.

^^ hits the nail on the head. Exactly what I was suggesting. Get yourself in a position where you're in proper medical shape and only then, do anything more.

I agree, continue your patience and work with your docs. Good all around.

Makes total sense i appreciate the insight. GP told me to come back to him if Endo guy will not listen to me. At this time i am in no rush at least i have some answers. Just having an idea that i will eventually feel a hell of a lot better makes me feel better already. After doing some reading on here it gave me the idea i might have had a problem and told GP to check test levels, not that he would have done it on his own.

Makes total sense i appreciate the insight. GP told me to come back to him if Endo guy will not listen to me. At this time i am in no rush at least i have some answers. Just having an idea that i will eventually feel a hell of a lot better makes me feel better already. After doing some reading on here it gave me the idea i might have had a problem and told GP to check test levels, not that he would have done it on his own.

Yeah... Not to get political, but healthcare before obamacare had issues (because drs didn't want to get sued). Healthcare after obamacare is going to be 100x worse because drs still have the lawsuits hanging overhead plus the ACA paperwork. Never gonna get shit done that way, IMHO.

sent from an unknown base inside a secret area where the moon landing was filmed.

Back