• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Female Fibromyalgia and AAS

Warriorblaze

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My mother suffers from fibromyalgia and has bad joint pain and fatigue.

Are there any AAS or peptides that would help her with this?

I'm unfamiliar with female cycles and fibromyalgia in general, so any advice would be appreciated.

Warrior

My Mom suffers from this as well! Hate to see her like that! She stays in bed all day sometimes! Says pain meds don't even help...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'd definitely be interested in any feedback. Although I don't think anything in this realm would really help past prednisone or cortico's.

I have a high level of suspicion with fibromyalgia..its not that I don't think the symptoms are real because I do..
this is truly the only thing im conspiracy theorist about in the medical realm, ok not the only thing but the only thing I'm pretty sure I'm right about

Fibromyalgia came on to the medical scene right around the same time that the TSH test came out (thyroid test) ..this bugs me a lot because the symptom set very closely matches the OLD criteria for diagnosing someone as hypothyroid..chronic fatigue, chronic pain, skin issues, odd phantom blood values.
It used to be a Dr would look at this symptom set and have a high level of suspicion for hypothyroidism and because their was no blood test would put them on a trial of thyroid hormone (usually dessicated thyroid because its the most complete) to see if their symptoms started to clear up.and went by how the patient FELT and what their body temp was..not a set of labs.

Now that the blood test is here we have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and people with under treated hypothyroidism

I would suggest a very low dose trial of thyroid meds (t3 or dessicated, not t4) and see if she improved a little OR have her go to a sports medicine type dr or hrt bio-identical hormone dr and have a full workup done and let them sort out the meds..
bone density becomes a problem with thyroid supplementation in excess in women over 50.

and when i say low dose I mean in the realm of 5mcg of t3 slowly titrating up

I have a high level of suspicion with fibromyalgia..its not that I don't think the symptoms are real because I do..
this is truly the only thing im conspiracy theorist about in the medical realm, ok not the only thing but the only thing I'm pretty sure I'm right about

Fibromyalgia came on to the medical scene right around the same time that the TSH test came out (thyroid test) ..this bugs me a lot because the symptom set very closely matches the OLD criteria for diagnosing someone as hypothyroid..chronic fatigue, chronic pain, skin issues, odd phantom blood values.
It used to be a Dr would look at this symptom set and have a high level of suspicion for hypothyroidism and because their was no blood test would put them on a trial of thyroid hormone (usually dessicated thyroid because its the most complete) to see if their symptoms started to clear up.and went by how the patient FELT and what their body temp was..not a set of labs.

Now that the blood test is here we have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and people with under treated hypothyroidism

I would suggest a very low dose trial of thyroid meds (t3 or dessicated, not t4) and see if she improved a little OR have her go to a sports medicine type dr or hrt bio-identical hormone dr and have a full workup done and let them sort out the meds..
bone density becomes a problem with thyroid supplementation in excess in women over 50.

She's 51. Any idea of a good starting dose?

Warrior

Interesting. My mother has both hypothyroidism and fibromylasia, and her doc is treating the thyroid, but it doesn't stop the fibro attacks.

start small ...5 mcg and go up slowly

any heart palps back off the dose for a cpl of days and go slower

I have a pardoxical reaction but most people don't..my HR and BP actually slow down/come down when I'm on a correct dose

Interesting. My mother has both hypothyroidism and fibromylasia, and her doc is treating the thyroid, but it doesn't stop the fibro attacks.

shes probably under treated for the hypo..most people are..and a lot of people don't tolerate the synthetics

until about 8 months ago you could get good dessicated thyroid on amazon for CHEAP cheaper than my co-pay cheap now you'd have to dig around more.

I don't think its an accident fibro usually shows up in women either...its rare that men have hypothyroidism

I once told by an excellent endo that if there is a male in the family with hypothyroidism of the autoimmune variety that every single first female relative of that man should be tested from childhood on

IML Gear Cream!
This is fascinating. My girl is 28 and has fibro, and is on savella (sp) and some hefty anti-inflammitory. She was on prednisone for a while for something else (bronchitis), and felt remarkably better while on it, but they never tapered her down off it, so exactly 24hrs after her last dose had terrible convulsions and uncontrollable muscle spasms...had to go to ER for a shot. We were thinking about trying low dose daily prednisone just for quality of life but a t3 trial sounds slightly more promising to treat the cause of the issue rather than the sides.

shes probably under treated for the hypo..most people are..and a lot of people don't tolerate the synthetics

until about 8 months ago you could get good dessicated thyroid on amazon for CHEAP cheaper than my co-pay cheap now you'd have to dig around more.

She has been on synthroid for 15yrs or so. Goes for bloods every 3 months and gets adjusted accordingly. No idea on underdosing, though, but the doc at least pays attention.

I go ..or was going about 6 months but shit was never quite right on synthetic t4..I don't convert correctly to t3

Not sure what kind or dose but my Mom is on thyroid meds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Back