• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Crossfit or Traditional strength training?

a9y9a2ub.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heavy Ass weights..... I prefer strict Form over ridiculous exercises that can get you hurt.... 5'11" 215lbs %10 BF. Goal....aesthetics....big and cut.. well proportioned

Heavy Ass weights..... I prefer strict Form over ridiculous exercises that can get you hurt.... 5'11" 215lbs %10 BF. Goal....aesthetics....big and cut.. well proportioned

But rolling tractor tires and jumping on boxes looks sooooo fuuuun!

Flipping 450lbs tires is actually a pretty decent workout

No doubt.....I like to reduce my chance of injury though.....seems like a back injury waiting to happen

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Flipping 450lbs tires is actually a pretty decent workout

I've actually done it before. I just make fun because I can't do it anymore. The tire I used wasn't quite that big. When i was young i could do stuff like that. now I like low intensity because I don't like feeling like I'm about to vomit before the workout is done. I may give it another try when its time to cut again.

No doubt.....I like to reduce my chance of injury though.....seems like a back injury waiting to happen

^^^ this! IMO crossfit is a fad that has been capitalized on almost as much as the bane of my existence... The snuggie!

but in all seriousness watch a minute of the crossfit games, almost every person has some sort or brace, tape or healing injury... I prefer more weight being controlled under stricter tension and less injury

For the cross fit guys: do you also participate in Zumba and/or use a Thigh Master? What color panties do you wear to crossfit?

IML Gear Cream!
After crossfit they all have a pep rally at McDonald's and update their Facebook status "killer crossfit today ladies, post workout reward for all the hard work"

You guys do realize "crossfit" has been around way before someone decided to call it that and host it on espn?

I grew up boxing and most of the exercises I did are now called crossfit. I would almost guarantee that most of us wouldn't be able to do the shit they do.

It's actually nice to change up the routine during the summer and go do some "crossfit" down at the track. Plus there is a ton of box that are doing the same type of workout.

Variety. I switch between both. During winter lift heavy and pack on mass. Summer time crossfit or whatever you want to call it. I get bored very easily doing the same thing day in and day out.

You guys do realize "crossfit" has been around way before someone decided to call it that and host it on espn?

I grew up boxing and most of the exercises I did are now called crossfit. I would almost guarantee that most of us wouldn't be able to do the shit they do.

It's actually nice to change up the routine during the summer and go do some "crossfit" down at the track. Plus there is a ton of box that are doing the same type of workout.

And there is a reason why there's a ton of "box" doing it!

Get Shredded!

I hear this from all the crossfitters...."you couldnt do this"....yeah...and none of them can bench 400+ lbs like me either.....and I look 10x better than them. I just dont get the point of it.....unless your training for endurance races or other similar events I dont see the point. I lift for aesthetics. Thats my goal.....what is the goal of crossfit if you dont compete at it?

I hear this from all the crossfitters...."you couldnt do this"....yeah...and none of them can bench 400+ lbs like me either.....and I look 10x better than them. I just dont get the point of it.....unless your training for endurance races or other similar events I dont see the point. I lift for aesthetics. Thats my goal.....what is the goal of crossfit if you dont compete at it?

You answered your own question here. I know a kid that trains just for all those races they have out now.

I'm sure they can't bench 400+ like we can't do 100+ pull ups. I try not to judge people no matter what kind of lifting they do. One of the reasons why I'm working on my home gym, because everyone has an opinion.

But what about the majority of them.....they post thier WOD every day and they compete in nothing....just don't get it

But what about the majority of them.....they post thier WOD every day and they compete in nothing....just don't get it

Why do they need to compete? I have been lifting since I was 14/15 ish and never competed. I do it to stay healthy and live a better life.

That's it...just to be healthy.....or to look good naked? That's a goal....but your right...to each his own....I just hate the fads....that's what it is to me

Crossfit starts and ends on Facebook... I'm amazed that crossfit has found it's way onto ASF, seems like two completely different etiologies, you either want to lift weight with strict form and heavy resistance or jump around throwing light weights and doing kick-ups

That's it...just to be healthy.....or to look good naked? That's a goal....but your right...to each his own....I just hate the fads....that's what it is to me

It's not a fad. This is what I was trying to say in my original statement. It's been around for the longest time. Look at how boxers, mma, runners, bikers, etc all train.

No...the training is not a fad....cross fit itself is a fad....it's the cool thing to do....Kipping pull ups are a fad....muscle ups are a fad....training with no Fucking form is a fad. Flipping tires and functional training in general are NOT fads.

How many runners, bikers, and Crossfiters do we have on ASF anyway?....

I have no clue. I'm sure there are people who like to switch it up from the gym once and awhile. I, myself like to do some "crossfit" types of workouts during the summer.

No...the training is not a fad....cross fit itself is a fad....it's the cool thing to do....Kipping pull ups are a fad....muscle ups are a fad....training with no Fucking form is a fad. Flipping tires and functional training in general are NOT fads.

Ok, I can agree with this.

Back