• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

New Classic division in BBing ?

l69lou

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have a friend in my gym who has a long history with BBing from the Calif area . He knows many of the players and makes his living in the business . Last night I saw him training with a new guy who looked fantastic . They were really going after it and filming the workout so I asked what's up . He said they both were making a comeback and were competing at the Arnold in March . He went on to explain there is a new division , the Classic which is sort of between Physique and BBing . Not as much mass and more a throwback to BBing in the 70's and 80's . Has anyone else heard of this ? Seems the powers that be can't sell hardcore BBing and that " people don't want to look like that " . I begged to differ and said I DO !!! He laughed but it seems there is an on going effort to make BBing a mainstream sport to make more money , which drives all of this . To me BBing will never be mainstrean and I like it that way ! But it does allow more guys to participate since very few people can attain the level of developement of a pro no matter what . He also said Physique is having some changes like no more board shorts but shorter shorts so legs come into play . Bottom line for me is I LOVE to be aroung guys who are training to compete at the pro or national level . We have trained a little together and those of you who know what I mean know the intensity and fire it brings to the whole gym !

An ex coworker of mine competes in whatever division that is, it's is more physique like, and they do wear those like bathing suit shorts. When we started working together, he started asking me questions, and I of course asked him back. Being dressed in business attire it's hard to tell sometimes if someone works out, when he said he was competing in a show coming up I kind of looked at him crazy, and asked what show, it was some local show but he showed me the pics afterwards and he was definitely cut up, just not the meat head bbing that most of us are accustomed to. He was an Asian dude he was about 5'8 and I think his contest weight was 155ish.

Yes that new division is called to challenge this cross fit craze. I agree BBing will never go mainstream as no big and reputable company wants to be associated with PED. I personally like the getting HUGH part of it but in order for it to be accepted by the world u have to trim it down a bit <--- no pun intended

STAY STRONG

Back