• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Energy Drinks

themason

Banned
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I haven't seen very much information around here with info in energy drinks. And I know eating very clean is going to be best but damn it. When I get up in the morning I need some caffeine. How do you guys feel about drinking energy drinks? Typical example would be per say. Rockstar recovery/hydration.

Calories 10
Sodium 110
Potassium 50
Carbs 3
Sugars 3
Calcium 1%
Niacin 100%
Vitamin B6 100%
B12 250%

"Morning jump start"
Taurine 1000mg
Caffeine 80

Now as we have all seen there big cans so it's a x2 serving. Any thoughts would be appreciated. And this is just per say a morning drink. Then it's mainly 1-2 gallons of good ol H2O.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap. I apologize. It's still early, I'm still waking up and probably should have been posted in nutrition.

ask and ye shall receive ..even if energy drinks are barely nutrition :p

my take on it..and my diet habits can be pretty bad to keep that in mind, anyway, my take on it is this..if you can fit it into your macros and don't consider it part of your hydration (in fact theyre very dehydrating) then why not...enjoy

i like a sugar free rockstar or red bull myself and was my leanest this year while consuming them regularly

my take on it..and my diet habits can be pretty bad to keep that in mind, anyway, my take on it is this..if you can fit it into your macros and don't consider it part of your hydration (in fact theyre very dehydrating) then why not...enjoy

i like a sugar free rockstar or red bull myself and was my leanest this year while consuming them regularly

Sugar free is the way to bee!

The problem is SO many sugar frees taste like garbage. IMHO. I'm a fruity kind of guy so there's one per say that's orange. Tastes great and only has 3 grams of sugar. My thoughts as far as diet is that you can't completely cut out all sugars otherwise it's like a fad diet almost. Make sense?

I guess, but I'm on keto...so sugar free for me..plus my teeth need constant care, sooo also sugar free for me.

I really hate soda and sugary drinks is another reason..and insulin spikes uhmm..yeah i think thats it..lol
BUT to each their own

I agree. I just don't like completely removing things from my overall diet. Then you feel like crap if you have a slip up lol.

IML Gear Cream!
Sugar free rockstar (white can) tastes like crap, but works very well.

Sugar free red bull tastes pretty good, but not that strong.

If I need a little pick me up, its the red bull. If I need a HUGE pick me up, its the Rockstar.

Couldn't agree more!! Have you tried the sugar free redish pink one? That ones decent as well.

Couldn't agree more!! Have you tried the sugar free redish pink one? That ones decent as well.

LOL, ok I gotta admit. When the pink can first came out like 2 or 3 years ago it used to come with a straw attached to it. I think Rockstar was trying to market to women. I used to get SOOOOOO MUCH SHIT for drinking the pink rockstar. Although I would NEVER use the straw, I still got crap for it.

THE PINK TASTES THE BEST!

I'm secure in my manhood. When I find the pink can I buy that one. Its hard to find. 7-11 doesn't seem to carry it. I find it at random gas stations.

I know!! To bad costco or SAMs club doesn't sell it. I'm pretty sure they sell the sugar free monster drinks but that stuff is horrible! We just picked up some 3G sugar ones for 1.50 a can.

I guess I have offended someone. I apologize if I have offended you in my personal opinions of the tastes of energy drinks. Still learning this whole give a rep take a rep. You know who you are and I will try to take others personal opinions more into consideration.

I guess I have offended someone. I apologize if I have offended you in my personal opinions of the tastes of energy drinks. Still learning this whole give a rep take a rep. You know who you are and I will try to take others personal opinions more into consideration.

Someone negged you over drink taste opinions? Hahaha.

I guess I don't mind being negged but ease don't neg rep my wife and call her an idiot. Doesn't really make her want to hang around and feel welcomed.

Get Shredded!
I like the white can rockstar...took a while for the sugar free red bull to grow on me but the different can sizes were awesome marketing for me.

Yeah the sugar free red bull has kind of a funky first taste to it. Over the last few years thought they've made leaps and bounds progress with getting as "healthy" as you can without losing a bunch of taste so I give them props for that!

I haven't had caffeine for a week and a half. Blood pressure back to 123/84! So, to celebrate, I ended up getting a quad shot at star Bucks this morning. I had this huge caffeine high and I was so happy. It was either that or all of this test finally kicking in

Hmm I think I'd prefer the test kicking in! But a good shot of caffeine is always welcomed to. And good for you on the bp comin back. Mine always gets a little high on a run but most of the time its from the portable machines and my arms don't fit in them very well....

Jas, she didn't but she was kind of thrown back by it. Didn't understand what she did wrong to deserve it I guess. For some I guess it seems your either IN the "group" or your out. Who knows. Just brush it off and be thankful for those who DO take ya under their wing and help ya out. Im still surprised with her, she's not nervous at all and actually approached ME about running her first. And now I have to give the good old explanation about ordering pizza vs. being patient.

Ya man ^^ it's feels good. I can't drink rockstars anymore... Everytime I do I shoot up to 145/90

Holy smokes!! No good there. At least the wife works in a hospital if I need it. Thankful for her plethora of knowledge there.

Yeah same. I only used to drink them at work. This jackass I work with would always be like "good thing you work in a hospital! Don't worry I'll take care of ya!". I'm like yeah F you buddy. Don't touch me with your greasy fuckin claws

Back