• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

injecting piece of alcohol swab

bigbal2943

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
To sum up, i wipe the vial with a alcohol swab before drawing and i can feel the vial tearing at the swab from where you pull the cap off. I injected and within a few days my leg is all messed up and swollen. I went to doc thinking i had an infection and he gave me antibiotics. I looked at the vial again today to pin and noticed tiney strains of what appears to be alcohol swab in there. Im not going to use this vial any more.
Do you guys think this is a big deal or the antibiotics will take care of it?
thanks

use the antibiotics if your dr thinks you have an infection...always take the advice of an md thats personally seen you over a msg board, pls.

I cant imagine the fabric bits are what caused the infection.In the future blot your vial tops..I do this to avoid scrapping my fingers.

Pick the fibres off? Is this a serious question?? Why wouldn't you get the peices off the top before you stuck the pin in? This could be the dumbest post yet. Also alcohol sterilizes everything so you would have injected a sterile microscopic piece of fabric I'd think it would be the same as having pieces of a band aid stuck
to a cut.

I guess a couple questions I had would be are you re-using pins?? Or did the gear come from a reputable source?? I have known a couple people to pinned with the same pin to "save on costs" or had bad gear and then got massive infections to the point where they were oozing. When it gets to that point its a whole world of pain. I sterilize the crap out of everything and my wife just laughs at me and she works in a hospital!! Pins never touch anything other than the wrapper, needle is NEVER touched to anything other than the vial rubber and after hands are washed thoroughly everything is wiped down excessively with alcohol swabs including fingers, pin spot entire vials EVERYTHING! I even go to the point of filling the vial and then swapping out just the needle to make sure its fresh and sharp. You can never be to careful when you are pining. I'd take the antibiotics and pin a couple other areas. I prefer my gluts and pecs, never done quads or elsewhere. That way I have four pin points to switch around. This is just all my opinion though so take it with a grain of sand.

I guess a couple questions I had would be are you re-using pins?? Or did the gear come from a reputable source?? I have known a couple people to pinned with the same pin to "save on costs" or had bad gear and then got massive infections to the point where they were oozing. When it gets to that point its a whole world of pain. I sterilize the crap out of everything and my wife just laughs at me and she works in a hospital!! Pins never touch anything other than the wrapper, needle is NEVER touched to anything other than the vial rubber and after hands are washed thoroughly everything is wiped down excessively with alcohol swabs including fingers, pin spot entire vials EVERYTHING! I even go to the point of filling the vial and then swapping out just the needle to make sure its fresh and sharp. You can never be to careful when you are pining. I'd take the antibiotics and pin a couple other areas. I prefer my gluts and pecs, never done quads or elsewhere. That way I have four pin points to switch around. This is just all my opinion though so take it with a grain of sand.

no i dont re-use pins. gear is from reputable source. i think the issue is the sterility when heating up the oil. thanks for thought

use the antibiotics if your dr thinks you have an infection...always take the advice of an md thats personally seen you over a msg board, pls.

I cant imagine the fabric bits are what caused the infection.In the future blot your vial tops..I do this to avoid scrapping my fingers.

Listen to Sheri, she's hot.

I use chloraprep sticks and alcohol swabs.

And follow your MD..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh so you had to heat it??

yea i put the syringe in a cup of hot water with some rubbing alcohol. i thought it was safe after hearing of people doing it and i made sure the needle didnt get any water in there. rookie mistake...

Oof, I guess we all live and learn bud! Sorry to hear, get better soon though!

IML Gear Cream!
To sum up, i wipe the vial with a alcohol swab before drawing and i can feel the vial tearing at the swab from where you pull the cap off. I injected and within a few days my leg is all messed up and swollen. I went to doc thinking i had an infection and he gave me antibiotics. I looked at the vial again today to pin and noticed tiney strains of what appears to be alcohol swab in there. Im not going to use this vial any more.
thanks
Are you sure you're not seeing crystals in the gear and not strands? It seems hard to believe that you could have pushed that much of the alcohol swab or pad into the vial. Maybe your gear crashed and you're seeing crystals which sometime stick together forming what appears to be a line. Was it the first pin from this vial?
I need a cup of coffee lol
Good luck bro and feel better

Are you sure you're not seeing crystals in the gear and not strands? It seems hard to believe that you could have pushed that much of the alcohol swab or pad into the vial. Maybe your gear crashed and you're seeing crystals which sometime stick together forming what appears to be a line. Was it the first pin from this vial?
I need a cup of coffee lol
Good luck bro and feel better
ive been studying the vial for the past ten minutes and i think your rite. i heated vial up a bit and mixed it up and it looked like a saw a bunch of crystals. after letting it settle for a few minutes and re examining it seems like a couplestrains again...
i could go either way on this one

thanks

You say the swab fibers are inside the gear? It sounds more like your gear went bacterial. I can't imagine you being able to punch them through especially not in enough quantity to see them fishing around. If your gear spoiled you would see what appears to be floating particles which is actually the bacteria culture growing with enough numbers to be able to visibly see them. Just speculating without a picture.

yea i put the syringe in a cup of hot water with some rubbing alcohol. i thought it was safe after hearing of people doing it and i made sure the needle didnt get any water in there. rookie mistake...

Im not an expert, but this seems really, really bad. Water isn't sterile generally, so soaking your needle just seems like a bad idea.

you say the swab fibers are inside the gear? It sounds more like your gear went bacterial. I can't imagine you being able to punch them through especially not in enough quantity to see them fishing around. If your gear spoiled you would see what appears to be floating particles which is actually the bacteria culture growing with enough numbers to be able to visibly see them. Just speculating without a picture.

this!

Back