• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Drinking liquid egg whites

richiegunz70

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
anybody drink liquid egg whites?I usually drink 2 16oz cartons a day one upon waking and one post workout.

I have done it but something about it grossed me out(mental)

Yeah I add them in my other shakes, usually like a half cup or so.

Guys, that's a really bad idea.

Protein from raw eggs is half as bioavailable than when cooked. MEANING - you only get 50% of the protein if you're eating them raw. Cook them.

Here's a scientific study with some numbers for humans: http://jn.nutrition.org/content/128/10/1716.full

They are not raw...they are pasteurized and made for consumption uncooked. Cracking a raw egg tho is a waste,not to mention you can get sick that way

They are not raw...they are pasteurized and made for consumption uncooked. Cracking a raw egg tho is a waste,not to mention you can get sick that way
DD,
Pasteurization only heats it to kills the bacteria. Egg protein needs to be denatured (ie the protein structure changes [what causes that color change you see] - which means the body can do completely different things with it) for max bioavailability in humans.

I'm guessing they don't know what protein denaturation is and how protein structure affects digestibility! Your body can only make use of half of the protein in liquid-form eggs, so half the protein numbers you see on the carton if you're counting protein.

Interesting though, most of their suggested recipes are cooked...

The only reason they pasteurize them is so they don't go bad, by the way!

Have you guys ever tried chocolate egg whites? I drink one cup of them not cooked. Taste like a nesquik shake!! Taste is almost too good to be true.

Www.muscleegg.com

I have tried them before..yea there good

Is the theory behind these (specifically the flavored ones) that the proteins are more bioavailable than regular whey shakes, and that they're technically a "real food" as opposed to a liquid replacement? I must admit I'm kinda interested!

Just ordered them too . And a white vneck shirt lol . The shirts are real nice

Get Shredded!
You guys won't be disappointed. They are delicious. Even have some recipes for cooking them on their website. Tshirts are pretty cool... I like the, "keep the yolk out" one.

All of these are great as long as they are pasturized liquid eqq whites. It ensures the avidin was neutralized and renders it 100% bioavailable.

Guys, that's a really bad idea.

Protein from raw eggs is half as bioavailable than when cooked. MEANING - you only get 50% of the protein if you're eating them raw. Cook them.

Here's a scientific study with some numbers for humans: http://jn.nutrition.org/content/128/10/1716.full

DD,
Pasteurization only heats it to kills the bacteria. Egg protein needs to be denatured (ie the protein structure changes [what causes that color change you see] - which means the body can do completely different things with it) for max bioavailability in humans.

This pretty much sums it up. If memory serves, ovalbumin need to be heated in order to denature the protein, which blocks digestive enzymes when in its folded form, in order for the digestive enzymes in the mouth and the stomach to break down the protein.

According to Naked nutrition

We understand that avidin is only functional in raw eggs (meaning only the avidin found in raw, unpasteurized liquid egg can bind biotin). Avidin isn't denatured during drying and pasteurization of Naked Egg, meaning the avidin protein is still in the dried egg white, however, it should no longer bind biotin as the pasteurization process disrupts the potential for bonding.

Back