• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

to bulk or cut...

IronLifter1

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
cant decide. i have all the gear for a bulk or a cut, just cant decide which.....

<-------- this guy.

Clean bulk is the way to be. Don't have to cut massive lbs when the spring / summer comes. Just fine tune.

This.

I NEVER bulk. I may not be the strongest MF here, hell, maybe not even close, but Im permanently concerned with aeshetics. Its just something I enjoy and personal preference.

I WAY prefer cutting to bulking. Cutting is a challenge and takes a lot of commitment. That said, there is no way in hell I can go 365 days a year following a strict diet. I did do it once for close to 3 years and realized for me anyway, that it was counterproductive. For some periods I like to actually enjoy the foods I eat and not have to worry about macros.

Right now I am on a bulk. It is a mix of clean and dirty meals, and I have been enjoying it. I have only gained about 12 lbs, and added an inch on my waist. So, it is working for me. btw, I had labs done and my test came back (with LC/MS) at 5,007 ng/dl, so it's not due to lack of hormone.

So my hat is off to you guys who go clean year round, but I do believe if done wisely you can bulk and pretty much eat what you want in intervals during the year, and not have to cut hard. Those who know me, know that when I DO diet I am as strict as they come. I like the CKD diet, and that is one diet you need to strictly adhere to for it to work....

I prefer cutting as it allows me to enjoy my life a bit more.
While bulking I need to force feed myself every 2 hours to get in 4500kcal, this proves to be very difficult after about 4 weeks.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

The gear makes no difference you can use any steroid to do either. Some better than others but all steroids basically work the same. They synthesize protein to increase muscle recovery and growth. The real question should be are you willing to commit to a strict diet or do you want to continue eating whatever and call it a bulk.

The real question should be are you willing to commit to a strict diet or do you want to continue eating whatever and call it a bulk.

99% of "bulkers"
lololol spot on

IML Gear Cream!
There's also a difference between an all out bulk (eat whatever the f you want) and a lean bulk. Lean bulk requires the same discipline as cutting. Everything is outlined, weighed and measured. You purposefully and selectively increase calories and often cycle carb amounts. Some level of cardio is also generally part of a lean bulk.

why does everyone think bulking equals off the wall dirty bulking you should not get over a certain bodyfat percentage unless you have no self control or eat complete crap... I can always see my abs even though i`m in the middle of like a 9 month bulk

I prefer cutting as it allows me to enjoy my life a bit more.
While bulking I need to force feed myself every 2 hours to get in 4500kcal, this proves to be very difficult after about 4 weeks.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

i dont know what you mean exactly...

why does everyone think bulking equals off the wall dirty bulking you should not get over a certain bodyfat percentage unless you have no self control or eat complete crap... I can always see my abs even though i`m in the middle of like a 9 month bulk

About a year ago I asked a friend of mine for advice on an upcoming cycle. His words exactly: "Eat everything you can, and when you done, eat more." There was no distinction between eating clean or dirty. It was all about taking in as much cals as possible. Result was a bloated version of who I wanted to be. Fail.

BTW, the friend was a very successful bodybuilder in Australia in the 90's.

Because 90% of the guys that ask this question don't know the difference and have never gotten ripped or bulked up. Both are equally as challenging if done right.

Back