PDA

View Full Version : Pull up appreciation

RinconVet
12-06-2013, 05:50 PM
I just wanted to start an appreciation thread dedicated to the all mighty pull up and all of its variations. I do them on gymnastics rings and a wall mounted bar in my home gym. I love them! They really do give you wings.

jerseydevil
12-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Pull ups and deadlifts are my favorite back movements. A few years ago, I could only do 2-3 bw pull ups, Now I'm at 12-15, not great but the difference is truly noticeable in my back.

Streettime
12-06-2013, 07:12 PM
I love me some pullups! Always have been my favorite back exercise by far ... add a weight belt to really get some heavy pulls in ;-)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Velociraptor44
12-07-2013, 08:50 AM
^This

Sherk
12-07-2013, 08:54 AM
To me, pull ups are to the upper outer lats what the bench press is to the chest. I do body weight pull ups to get the blood flowing before I start back back routine and end it with deads and weighted pull ups.

Sheriv
12-07-2013, 04:57 PM
I should try to get a vid of my other half doing his freaky pull up routine ..I don't even know what hes doing

he does 25 regular body weight pullups, then 15 of these bizarre "pull ups" where when he gets up to the bar he gets upside down to his feet are reaching for the sky
then he does a handful of muscle ups
then on to the weighted pull ups where he ends up starting out with 25 lbs then ends with 90lbs for 20...

its unbelievable watching him do this

TBJ
12-07-2013, 07:56 PM
I should try to get a vid of my other half doing his freaky pull up routine ..I don't even know what hes doing

he does 25 regular body weight pullups, then 15 of these bizarre "pull ups" where when he gets up to the bar he gets upside down to his feet are reaching for the sky
then he does a handful of muscle ups
then on to the weighted pull ups where he ends up starting out with 25 lbs then ends with 90lbs for 20...

its unbelievable watching him do this

In for video and so I can copy and look like a ninja at my gym.

Dead serious.