• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

lifting concerns

asaro4

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've come a long way with my 3 big lifts: I weigh around 210-220 at this time of year, and so far I have squatted 315 atg raw for a pause, 225 lbs x 7 reps for flat bench (best ever), and I've almost gotten a 405 lb double overhand raw deadlift, My deadlifts are my best lift: 405 for more than 10, 455 raw for 5 reps, and 505 for 1 rep at 215. I should be proud of myself, yet I always feel like that I should be lifting far heavier for my size, and I let people's views get into my psyche and it really discourages me. I would really appreciate any advice you could give me on this

Not saying this applies to you, you didn't outline your workouts, but the single biggest thing I see people doing is they do the same exact workout every single time they train a certain body part. You have to change your workouts up often, your body is very good at adapting so, you have to mix it up. This will help with strength and muscle growth.

Hey brother,

We lift because of the personal satisfaction; there is no sane person who would, at a recreational level, want to endure what we go through. Your numbers are fine and like you said, you're at your best level ever. The hardest thing to gain is self-respect. If your technique is rock solid, it doesn't matter at all what your numbers are. Heck, you might be working 60 hrs a week and still making the kind of gains versus those guys. If you're in it to be competitive, then change the fear/disappointment to fire and confidence every time you break into a new goal. If you're in it for you, then thank the iron for constantly providing another lesson about life. Personal satisfaction and contentment come from within, and ultimately have nothing to do with what number is on the bar.

Back