• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Are you open?

heathalot

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
The facebook thread brought me to this question.

I don't go around telling folks, but it's more than obvious that I'm on the juice. I'm open about it...if someone I know asks, I tell them. (unless its a cop...though I do have some cop friends that i discuss with).

I just feel like if I, as a "normal" person, (lets face it, none of us are normal to train like we do), feel that I take away from some of the negative stigma about AAS and help to educate people. Can I get busted? Sure, but I guess I'm willing to pay the price. I guess that goes back to my political side. Give me liberty or give me death.

The best way to make more criminals is to make more laws.

its a sensitive subject that few people want to address, my theory has always been, break the mold and be a true bodybuilder, dont be a juice head. people wont fuck with you if you treat them with respect.

Depends on who it is and why I think they are asking.....like the rest of us I get annoyed ppl think the only reason i look the way I do is juice. Yes it's a factor but its more the 3+ yrs of work, diet, routines that make the whole package come together.

A few of my sisters asked me so I told them. They said well whatever u are doing is sure as hell working! My dad asked my sisters if I was on anything....I don't wanna worry him. He believe anything he reads in the paper is 100% fact lol.

If I think I'm going to get an ignorant lecture then I don't say much. I cut my hand and needed stitches. My normal dr was away and some other dr was there. He asked me like 3 times if I take juice. I didn't like his fucking tone and just kept saying no.

I don't...there is only one person at the gym that knows and he uses a load of "supplements". Funny I had doctor keep implying something the other day. I just kept brushing it off and telling him about my pre workout and all the other supplement store crap I take.

I don't really tell anyone unless they ask me specifically. I went on HRT about 7 years ago so it really isn't a big deal to me since its perfectly legal for me to use steroids. I also have an anonymous FB page and e-mail so what I post there really doesn't effect me like it could with guys that use a real FB page. At the end of the day I could care less who knows but I do understand peoples choice of keeping it private. Its a personal choice and I respect each persons choice.

No and no.

It's funny, I used to have a good friend and he totally juiced. He would deny it and take that shit to the grave. I got a kick out of asking him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People have asked me for years what I take. (Until competing I was mystified by what they saw/meant.) It is a very different stigma for a woman. I am certain that Sheriv can back me up when I say that a woman walking in the weight-room STILL causes a stir. Imagine what would be whispered about "That girl taking all of that stuff" to be stronger and not just (pardon the word, I am using it for reference only) TONED. Sigh...We have come a long way, baby, but still have tons of room to grow.

I'm with Heavy as in I've been on HRT for a while. I only have very few freinds that know I'm on. I know that it's rumored by others but no one dare ask.

Icon

IML Gear Cream!
oh yeah totally FF

I get a ton of stares anyway and Ive even had like people stop and applaud..
up until recently I did a LOT of Olympic style lifts and my clean and press can get LOUD so it makes the staring even worse :(

I haven't looked particularly "ripped" in years but the size of some of my lifts always creates commotion and whispering. Makes me self conscious as hell too.
For the women that ARE ripped that go through my gym there's all kinds of whispering and nods...I've noticed they lift a lot less tho

I can honestly say I don't look like I'm "on" anything but even if you're not and female in a weight room it causes all sorts of commotion.

off topic but a gender thing..Ive had new guys to the gym literally take whatever equipment Im using in between my sets..and had some of the regulars see what went down and either cock block the dude on every other piece of equipment they try to touch or go over and set em straight :).

Zactly. In the beginning, men would nudge their way in. I figured out a way to fix it: I lift more than they do, anyways, and when I stand to recover I ask them if they want me to unload the bar! They leave me the hell alone after....(Probably why they're scared of me, too, now that I think of it...):eek:wned:

I answer honestly but keep it subdue, I don't embellish upon it. It is more than obvious I'm enhanced. Some peeps are cool and others are stand offish.....meh, I could care less either way.

Not really, but depending on who is asking they may get more info. Problem is the negative stigma that comes with it. I mean don't look down at it as horrible when you get implants and botox, and lip filler, etc. Why is that safe?

I agree with Sheriv, women don't get much respect in the gym, my wife would not go in there for a long time, but now she does more than a lot of the guys and still feels a little out of place.

Ive belonged to my current gym for three years now
its more of a meathead gym than my last gym..I felt more at place in the last one because I commonly had the weight room to myself

I know a handful of the guys at the current gym now so it makes it better..a quick stop...quick chat..waves when I show up
makes me feel more welcome.

also this one guy does CRAZY overhead squats and clean and press and all kinds of heavy weight barbell shit..and he always makes room for me on the floor when he sees me and alternates his sets with mine...which is extra nice of him because his workout is far more intense than mine.

plus he taught me how not to fall over for overhead squats..lolol

The facebook thread brought me to this question.

I don't go around telling folks, but it's more than obvious that I'm on the juice. I'm open about it...if someone I know asks, I tell them. (unless its a cop...though I do have some cop friends that i discuss with).

I just feel like if I, as a "normal" person, (lets face it, none of us are normal to train like we do), feel that I take away from some of the negative stigma about AAS and help to educate people. Can I get busted? Sure, but I guess I'm willing to pay the price. I guess that goes back to my political side. Give me liberty or give me death.

The best way to make more criminals is to make more laws.
I think a few members are paranoid about advertising ASF openly like that and rightly so. I think it would have been better if they just did a mass pming instead of kinda making it public.

to be fair..the site is readily available via google too

I can see both sides of it really.

I think its a shame it got as heated as it did.

Back