• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

First comp soon. Help. (Pics)

SigRep

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
First competition early to mid spring. I have trouble judging myself, so if love to hear what you all have to say. Give me some ideas of what I should focus on building. I know my posing needs a ton of work.
jugy8uha.jpg
emareper.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No pump and it's low res because of the front camera but you get a decent idea.
hysahuza.jpg
ypasaged.jpg

I don't know about comps man but you look pretty godamn jacked to me. I wanna get there someday.

I don't know about comps man but you look pretty godamn jacked to me. I wanna get there someday.

Thanks man. I need at least 10 more pounds if muscle before I could realistically cut for a competition. Luckily I lose body fat pretty quick when I'm dieting perfectly. No more drinking after this week.

Looking good. I wouldn't be ashamed to walk on stage looking that jacked.

You probably know how it is man, when I look in the mirror, all I think is "Man I want my chest to get taller, and my lats to be wider, and my traps to get bigger, and so on."

Great size. Shoulders and back look great. Good luck.

Thanks to you both. Any suggestions on where to focus. I'm going to try and work on my abs, legs and upper chest as of now.

You look balanced upstairs. What about legs? Did I miss them?

Legs are like 26 inches need work. But honestly, I want to look exactly like Arnold proportion wise, so if that holds me back then so be it. I think massive legs are disgusting and the downfall of modern bodybuilding. Just my opinion, but I'm following it.

It's very hard to judge based on these pics, if you could have a buddy take your pics while doing some poses it would be A LOT easier, because honestly these don't give anyone a clue on just how symmetrical you are or how developed, the angles and poses are bad lol.

If I had to give any clue I would guess your arms are at about 16.5 inches(maybe 17), while you mentioned your legs are 26" , I would try to bring legs up just a bit ( I know you mentioned you don't like the look of big legs but at 26" with 16.5" inch arms your far away from your legs being too big or unsymmetrical. Your calves also seem to be lacking or at least certainly don't have any "pop" to them. Your delts look like they also need to have more roundness or more work from the side, such as lateral raises.

Again though, it's impossible to get actual legit feedback given your photos , you're purposely trying to make yourself look good ( can't blame you , no one likes to take pics when they look like poop lol), this is why when bodybuilders and ifbb pros post pics in bathrooms or gym lighting they look AMAZING and nearly flawless , but then you get them on stage or at a fair angle and fair lighting rather then amazing lighting and an amazing angle , that they look way different.

It's very hard to judge based on these pics, if you could have a buddy take your pics while doing some poses it would be A LOT easier, because honestly these don't give anyone a clue on just how symmetrical you are or how developed, the angles and poses are bad lol.

If I had to give any clue I would guess your arms are at about 16.5 inches(maybe 17), while you mentioned your legs are 26" , I would try to bring legs up just a bit ( I know you mentioned you don't like the look of big legs but at 26" with 16.5" inch arms your far away from your legs being too big or unsymmetrical. Your calves also seem to be lacking or at least certainly don't have any "pop" to them. Your delts look like they also need to have more roundness or more work from the side, such as lateral raises.

Again though, it's impossible to get actual legit feedback given your photos , you're purposely trying to make yourself look good ( can't blame you , no one likes to take pics when they look like poop lol), this is why when bodybuilders and ifbb pros post pics in bathrooms or gym lighting they look AMAZING and nearly flawless , but then you get them on stage or at a fair angle and fair lighting rather then amazing lighting and an amazing angle , that they look way different.

Thank you man, I appreciate your honesty and constructive criticism. Obviously my friend took the one physique pose, but the side shot was me. I'll have a buddy take some more soon. My arms are just over 17 inches (17.5 fully pumped). I'll try to get my legs to 28-29 inches without looking excessive, I just really dislike the look of modern bodybuilders legs.

Backs and legs really carry a lot of clout in todays comps. What weight class are you training for?

Thank you man, I appreciate your honesty and constructive criticism. Obviously my friend took the one physique pose, but the side shot was me. I'll have a buddy take some more soon. My arms are just over 17 inches (17.5 fully pumped). I'll try to get my legs to 28-29 inches without looking excessive, I just really dislike the look of modern bodybuilders legs.

What your issue with modern bb legs?

Maybe a physique comp is what you should be aiming for as a first show? Although I've seen some of those guys with big wheels too.

And tommy is right, a lot of times bodybuilding shows are won from the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Get Shredded!
Backs and legs really carry a lot of clout in todays comps. What weight class are you training for?

High 190s. If I reach my goal of 222, I think between body fat and any water weight I may have, that's should work.

Maybe a physique comp is what you should be aiming for as a first show? Although I've seen some of those guys with big wheels too.

And tommy is right, a lot of times bodybuilding shows are won from the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm considering this. I guess I'll just see what I'm looking like when the time comes and make a decision.

First competitions are won from the back poses big back an legs with sliced hammies win period,that the way it is,if your legs are small do physique.

I think at your size 29" thighs would be a good goal..obviously I follow bb less than a lot of the guys on here. So, listen to the experience on here and bring them up...I think once you do, you will be surprised at how much it will improve your look.

First competitions are won from the back poses big back an legs with sliced hammies win period,that the way it is,if your legs are small do physique.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll shoot for physique my first show. At least then I'll have a better idea of what's going on to decided whether I could do BB in the future.

Physique looks better anyway IMHO. (putting flame suit on)

Yeah, It's hard for me I say if I agree. You certainly won't see guys with as full muscles, but there way more shredded.

^^ whatever happens, I'm in Sig.

Good luck and will be following

Back