• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Working 12 hour shifts and still working out.

lilguy88

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey brothers how's it going? I was just wondering I know I'm not the only one here who had to work 12hr shifts and still try to live the lifestyle; I was just wondering how some of you do it. I only work 4 days a week but it's hard to hit the gym sleep eat and cooking meals in the 12hrs You have off. Now I still go 4 Times a week and my job sites me to eat whenever I feel like it but was still wondering how you guys do it. I usually pack a lunch box filled with baked chicken breast white rice and a couple turkey sandwiches to get me through the day.

I also work 4 on - 4 off and never have a problem. I'll go to the gym on my designated days and prep my meals before I go to work. Prepping is key if you're going to be busy at work. Shit, last week I was up for over 32 hours and still kept my meals in order lol.

Yeah I never have a problem prepping my meals as soon as I get home chicken breast gets thrown into the oven and white rice on the stove I kinda eat the same thing over and over honestly my girl is sick of it all you buy is chicken breast broccoli white rice and lunch meat. Plus I have my parents live down the street do like yesterday I forgot my lunch at home and was still handle to get some chicken breast on the formen grill and white rice delivered.

Side note how do you feel about going to the gym after work. I'm try going today I have been eating allot and have a nice packed lunch of chicken breast white rice and some black Angus roast beef. Do you think it would be okay to go to the gym and go home a blend a protein shake of let's say 10 oz milk 2 scoops whey 4-6 eggs and one cup of oatmeal or would I still have to eat some food.

someone come to my house and prep for me...tyia

Man I have to argue with my girl fir her to cook my dam chicken breast and it's like come on more all you have to do turn on oven put chicken in oven turn off oven and remove chicken

I end up making three different dinners a day to suit everyones tastes unless Im in a particularly bad mood and make everyone only one hing and if they dont like it they can starve

That's too much, I follow the principal that if you don't want to eat it your not hungry. I never cook anything that looks disgusting I'm very picking with my good and always take time in preparing

I work 3 consecutive 12s at the hospital. It's kinda tough to workout in between. Some days all I want to do is sleep in between shifts but most of the time I force myself to go to the gym. I average 4-5 hours of sleep those days. Those are also mainly my cardio days. I don't feel like
lifting lol... Too tired

Also wanna add that I don't meal prep for those days.. I get uber lazy. The cafeteria has a pretty good abundance of healthy food. Those days it's cottage cheese, raw almonds, chicken breasts and cucumbers. Never gets old baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
I end up making three different dinners a day to suit everyones tastes unless Im in a particularly bad mood and make everyone only one hing and if they dont like it they can starve

Lmao!

That's what's up!

I have been working12 hour rotating shifts for twenty three years. It has provided well for my family but it has definitely not been easy to keep a schedule as far as diet and working out. I pack a big lunch box and workout before work on days and after work on nights.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Side note how do you feel about going to the gym after work. I'm try going today I have been eating allot and have a nice packed lunch of chicken breast white rice and some black Angus roast beef. Do you think it would be okay to go to the gym and go home a blend a protein shake of let's say 10 oz milk 2 scoops whey 4-6 eggs and one cup of oatmeal or would I still have to eat some food.

I absolutely can't do it. The last 2 days I've had to go in early to work. When I get home I'm exhausted and hungry. After eating all I want to do is nap. I skip the gym on days I work early.

I work 6x10 hours now... Salary it's gay as shit. I still workout but my day isn't hard labor and I don't miss meals unless I don't prepare for them. I'm not one for excuses, I know single moms that work every waking hour that do shows... You're tired, have a coffee and quit bitching. I got no sympathy unless you are forced into an un-winnable situation like stuck in a man camp with no gym. Sorry, end rant/

I work 6x10 hours now... Salary it's gay as shit. I still workout but my day isn't hard labor and I don't miss meals unless I don't prepare for them. I'm not one for excuses, I know single moms that work every waking hour that do shows... You're tired, have a coffee and quit bitching. I got no sympathy unless you are forced into an un-winnable situation like stuck in a man camp with no gym. Sorry, end rant/

I hear ya there. My thing is this, if I can't put out the effort I know I'm capable of because I'm tired I would rather not lift at all. I dunno, is having a half-ass workout better than no workout at all? Sometimes I feel better if I just rest and then hit it hard the next morning.

Women? What shows? :D

Idk I was gonna go today after shift but fuck am I tired I'm taking my ass too bed. I get three days off so I should be able to fit 4 says a week in but right now just getting usto the switch from days to nights

At least comfortable with it I still wake up at 8am and have to mane breakfast to fall back to sleep

Getting off a 12 hr midnight and heading to the gym now :)

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Get Shredded!
I have a pretty good home gym so working out is not really a problem for me except that I work out alone and sometimes I lack a little motivation after a crappy day or something. As far as food I prep and cook most things on Sunday for the week. I grill a bunch of chicken breasts and put them in the fridge for the week for my lunches and I bake eggs in mini-loaf pans for my breakfasts. Now that it is getting a little colder outside I have been using the crock pot and dinner is waiting when I get home.

yeah Im a huge crock pot fan
I don't eat "paleo" but the paleo peeps have some amazing crockpot recipes too

You'll never get used to it..

this, I can't do it

I can get used to a super early shift after a month or two...second shift is my natural MO, I can't do nights

sucks the life out of me...I couldn't even do it when I worked for a municipal ambulance and could actually sleep through about half my shift

in Iraq i would go to the gym after being on a 30 hour mission....of course the gym was within waking distance and the dfec served a midnight dinner....I ALMOST miss that haha

I work it, I'm the type of perso that it eats me alive when I haven't been to the gym; I have to tell myself over and over that one day or even two days off is probably good for you. I went today before work and just signed up to a 24 hr gym so I have no excusses.

Pretty much what everybody what said just prep. I work 12 hours total 5 days a week and help raise my newborn. Still get in the gym 4-5 days a week. Sunday is designated to cooking my meals for 4 days.

I hate growing up

I work 4 12s my day starts at 3am in the gym and doesnt end till 6p when I get home. I rest for an hour eat dinner and goto bed i donrt have much a social life because I get the rest and stuff i need to get my ass back up to hit the weights. You want it bad enough you make it happen

Back