• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Run and Gun Cycles

Skip Foursome

Gym Derelict
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I read sometime back about the "Run and Gun" method of cycling on and off and I am wondering if anybody here does this.

From what I remember guys would blast six weeks then cruise six weeks. The reason for using this method is you get most of your gains in six weeks. Then you would cruise for six weeks to give your body a break then go back to blasting for six weeks and so on.

Anybody knowledgeable on this subject?

I'd be curious to see a layout for this. 6 weeks is not long enough unless running short esters IMHO.
4-6 weeks is when we hit myostatin road blocks so that aspect of it makes sense.

I am blasting and cruising. I usually blast then just cruise for 2 months or so then blast again. I get labs to see how my liver values are.

I'd be curious to see a layout for this. 6 weeks is not long enough unless running short esters IMHO.
4-6 weeks is when we hit myostatin road blocks so that aspect of it makes sense.

1-PCT or TRT – Test E 250mg/wk
1-6 Test Prop 50mg/ed
1-6 Tren Ace 75-100/ed
1-6 Dbol 30mg/ed
1-6 Drol 50mg/ed
1-6 Aromasin 25mg/ed
1-6 Caber .5mg Twice Weekly
Cruise 6 weeks
Repeat, or Choose new compounds and go again. After your second run you can discontinue the TRT dose of test and PCT, or just cruise for 6-10 weeks and you?re ready to go again.

Read the link I posted, it goes into incorporating peptides gh slin etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I am blasting and cruising. I usually blast then just cruise for 2 months or so then blast again. I get labs to see how my liver values are.

Thanks for the added link im reading it now....

Length of blast and cruise can vary, I've seen a 4 weeks on/off version that blasted the shit out of tren and anadrol :)

Last edited:
OSL is the man on this topic. Length of blast and cruise can vary, I've seen a 4 weeks on/off version that blasted the shit out of tren and anadrol :)

New to me but sounds interesting,,.... My gains stall at week 6-8 even if i do long esters. So i see no point in doing them long cycles.

The reason why I asked about 'Run and Gun' is after 6 weeks on short esters I start to top out my gains at the beginning dose. Now at week 8 I am up 50% over what I started with to keep the gains coming and I am pushing a lot of gear. Seems to me if I went with 'Run and Gun' it could be a more effective cycle and at the same time easier on my body.

Thanks heymrwaters for digging up the link :winkfinger:

Any other vets out there want to weigh in on this topic?

I read sometime back about the "Run and Gun" method of cycling on and off and I am wondering if anybody here does this.

From what I remember guys would blast six weeks then cruise six weeks. The reason for using this method is you get most of your gains in six weeks. Then you would cruise for six weeks to give your body a break then go back to blasting for six weeks and so on.

Anybody knowledgeable on this subject?

I'm going to say it depends what you are gunning with. Just test? 6-7 weeks seems like a legit approach. If you are using var or other compounds that need longer to build up you will be cutting your cycle short BEFORE you get to the maximum gains from it.

I am not convinced that six weeks is a long enough cruise time. You want the body's negative feedback mechanisms to completely ramp down so that it will produce gains for you again and I have never heard of six weeks being long enough to accomplish this.

New to me but sounds interesting,,.... My gains stall at week 6-8 even if i do long esters. So i see no point in doing them long cycles.

I have posted this elsewhere and will repost it here, briefly I would always anticipate gains stalling at this point unless a major switch up in compounds is used or else a massive increase in dose. There is a scientific reason for it and I do not recommend or believe there is any point to a cycle over ten weeks long unless it involves particular compounds that need that amount of time (test is not one of them) OR a major switch up in what is being used. This can accomplish the same trickery of the body that the cruise is intended to produce.

REPOST:

Just test is your best bet for a cruise especially when you are new to the process.
Let's be clear about the purpose of the blast/cruise approach. During the blast, most gains come in the first 5-7 weeks. After that gains slow significantly unless the dose in increase A LOT (like going from 800mg to 2500mg). That slow down in gains is because the body has many feedback mechanisms that try to maintain homeostasis (the current status). You can make changes to your body but at some point the body says "this is not normal, enough of that."

The purpose of the cruise is to allow those negative feedback mechanisms to ramp down so that the body stops fighting any additional growth. Most of that is accomplished by lowering the dose of AAS. It can also help to take a week off of training. During a cruise you still take enough AAS (probably just test) that recovery of natural test production will NOT take place, so forget about that idea. Some people believe that drugs like anavar, proviron, or low dose dbol allow recovery of natural test production but I am skeptical about that. Don't count on it.

The dose during the cruise should be enough to enable you to hang on to most of your gains while allowing the negative feedback mechanisms to reset to allow for another growth spurt when doses are raised again. For many people, 200-300mg of test WK should work well for that. It also depends a little bit on the blasting dose. Someone who blasts on 500-1000mg total AAS, should cruise on 200mg. But someone who blasts on 2000-4000mg WK can probably cruise on 400-500mg.

In the end it all comes down to experimenting with your body and finding out what works for YOU. No advice anyone can give you can substitute for experimenting and carefully observing how your body responds. There is no "optimal" cruise dose that applies to everyone the same but the number I mentioned above is a good starting point for your own experimentation.

If you ARE going to try substances other than test I suggest really monitoring the total mg for blast compared to the total mg for cruise. There will be a particular ratio that works for you and may allow combining test with proviron or something else as long as the ratio is correct.

Last edited:
Run and gun was initially designed for people who are on trt or cruise year round, as time a gone on more and more people have asked me about using this protocol an still having a successful pct is possible and while many factors come into play with pct, the answer is yes.

Myostatin starts to peak around week 8 of longer cycles, but does not start to increase till around week 6 once myostatin is at peak levels it takes a solid 20 weeks to hit baseline again! This protocol nullifies that.

By cyclin for 4-6 weeks followed by a cruise or 3-4 weeks and repeating you can take what would be 1 long cycle and cut it into two phases, without ever slowing down on growth due to myostatin.

I have seen some great success using this method, among many other people.

Anther sample cycle could be, and keep in mind your AI needs to be very legit!

1-? 200-250/wk Test E/C

1-4 Test Base 50mg twice daily AM/PM
1-4 Proviron 50-75mg/Ed
1-4 NPP 75mg/Ed
1-4 dbol 30mg/Ed

Cruise 4 weeks continue Proviron

1-4 Test Prop 50mg/Ed or just 300/wk Test E/C
1-4 Proviron 50-75/Ed
1-4 Tren Ace 75-100mg/Ed
1-4 Tbol 75mg/Ed or Winstrol 50-75/Ed

Test base is dosed twice daily as the half life is around 12 hours, being that it will aromatase quickly 25mg-50mg Aromasin should be used daily or .5-1mg Adex Ed or eod as needed. So long a your E2 is in check prolactin shouldn't be a concern but having caber or prami on hand is ideal.

For those who haven't cycled using test base, its very amazing as long as you can keep your e2 in check, gains come in quickly and workouts stay intense. The added Proviron will help keep you dry, as well as lower SHBG levels allowing your body to utilize and create more free test. It's also a dht based compound so it will also help condition and mature your muscle fibers.

Dbol is used in the first run, at only 30mg you can even lower that to 20, its sole purpose is just to compliment the anabolic rich environment. For those sensitive to estrogen, subbing dbol for say super drol at 20-30mg Ed may be a better choice.

NPP will increase viscosity of the fluid between your joints, as well as put clean size on you.

The of course we go to to phase two which as you can see will still put size on you but also harden you up. Completing the cycle nicely.

We can go a step further and add in GHRP's a GHRH, IGF, PEG MGF, Slin, GH

The possibilities are near limitless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to believe 12-14 weeks cycles were best, but found that for the most part the last 4-5 weeks only gave me minimal gains if any.. Now I prefer 8-10 week back loaded test cycles. The run and gun 6 week layout sounds intriguing.

IML Gear Cream!
I used to believe 12-14 weeks cycles were best, but found that for the most part the last 4-5 weeks only gave me minimal gains if any.. Now I prefer 8-10 week back loaded test cycles. The run and gun 6 week layout sounds intriguing.

I tend to stay in the 6 week range also. I feel anymore than that i reach diminishing returns.

I tend to stay in the 6 week range also. I feel anymore than that i reach diminishing returns.

Outstanding, Thanks for sharing OSL :winkfinger:

I am going to run something very similar on my next blast. One thing I am adding to your protocol is bloodwork at the end of the 6 week break between runs to verify homeostasis.

Outstanding, Thanks for sharing OSL :winkfinger:

I am going to run something very similar on my next blast. One thing I am adding to your protocol is bloodwork at the end of the 6 week break between runs to verify homeostasis.

I second that motion brotha! I saw a similar cycle being run by Grumpysedge and decided that's what I was going to try on my next go round. I was thinking something like 8-10 week blast, 8 week cruise, 8-10 week blast :winkfinger:

I second that motion brotha! I saw a similar cycle being run by Grumpysedge and decided that's what I was going to try on my next go round. I was thinking something like 8-10 week blast, 8 week cruise, 8-10 week blast :winkfinger:

Keep in mind, once your around the 8 week mark it will take around 20 weeks for myostatin levels to lower to baseline. While you will still benefit from and 8 on 6-8 off repeat. Myostatin now will come into play.

Keep in mind, once your around the 8 week mark it will take around 20 weeks for myostatin levels to lower to baseline. While you will still benefit from and 8 on 6-8 off repeat. Myostatin now will come into play.

That's interesting shit man, thanks! The more I think about it, it seems like short esters and shorter more intense cycles might be a better choice. With the longer esters, myostatin levels are skyrocketing at about the time the gains start to kick in. Get in quick and hard and get out. (no sexual pun intended lol)

Just had to bump this for those who may not have seen this thread or if any other vets out there would want to weigh in on this topic.

damn, there is some interesting stuff in here... thank you guys for bringing this up! i want to read up on this now.

Back