• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

What's your opinion on training every 2 weeks?

This is a ideal that one of my buddies found. He has zero lifting experience and no offense to anyone but he is one of these guys who knows to much useless info. Not trying to put him down but I just do not believe that you can do heavy static contractions for 30 sec for a few sets every 2 to 3 weeks and make more gains than me working a body part to failure once a week.

Now I feel that I am experienced in bodybuilding. But I know there's always room to learn so if someone knows some info on this to be right please advice me.

In the link above you will find the whole idea of this plan. There one example of a guy stoping his plan for 2 weeks and he stopped at 455 for 20 reps(insane) and after the 2 weeks of no training was able to do over 500 for 20 then went to 600 for 12. UNBEILEABLE

Now I do agree that every month or 2 u should take a week off to fully recover. But I don't believe that u should only workout 2 times a month. The average person doesn't even have the mental strength to go to failure. (IMO)

power factor training was new when I was still a competitive power lifter but the concept of partials to break plateaus was very very old. Power factor training was a very new way to measure PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD. As well as partials, static holds PF let you measure increments of overload in a way that you could see MINUTE increases in TIME as well as pure weight lifted.
We don't "lift weights" we train with progressive overload to achieve changes in PERFORMANCE, STRENGTH, BODY MASS PF let's one measure even minute increases thus allowing us to see that our "program" is working to achieve those goals.

I have reached, in the past, a point that my intensity on leg workouts reached such levels that with my day job (construction) I reduced leg training frequency to once a week, then once in 10 days and for a 6 month stretch, where I eventually passed the 700# squat mark I was training legs intensely only once in every 12 days.
I see value in the construction of these programs for natural athletes or those with jobs that are physically strenuous .
However, our bodies are miraculous feats of evolutionary engineering. The human body is capable of running 26 MILES in the same amount of time it takes to watch a movie. It's capable of range of motion that allows us to touch every part of our body; even a dog can't do that; hehe.
Static contractions focus would seem to me anyway to be a limiting overload exercise program. This is my OPINION as I've not tried it and it's not in me to try it.
I'd love to see someone who has actually done it and has some real life data to support it's efficacy though.
Hey OP thanks so much for posting that; it's greatly appreciated.

power factor training was new when I was still a competitive power lifter but the concept of partials to break plateaus was very very old. Power factor training was a very new way to measure PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD. As well as partials, static holds PF let you measure increments of overload in a way that you could see MINUTE increases in TIME as well as pure weight lifted.
We don't "lift weights" we train with progressive overload to achieve changes in PERFORMANCE, STRENGTH, BODY MASS PF let's one measure even minute increases thus allowing us to see that our "program" is working to achieve those goals.

I have reached, in the past, a point that my intensity on leg workouts reached such levels that with my day job (construction) I reduced leg training frequency to once a week, then once in 10 days and for a 6 month stretch, where I eventually passed the 700# squat mark I was training legs intensely only once in every 12 days.
I see value in the construction of these programs for natural athletes or those with jobs that are physically strenuous .
However, our bodies are miraculous feats of evolutionary engineering. The human body is capable of running 26 MILES in the same amount of time it takes to watch a movie. It's capable of range of motion that allows us to touch every part of our body; even a dog can't do that; hehe.
Static contractions focus would seem to me anyway to be a limiting overload exercise program. This is my OPINION as I've not tried it and it's not in me to try it.
I'd love to see someone who has actually done it and has some real life data to support it's efficacy though.
Hey OP thanks so much for posting that; it's greatly appreciated.

Outstanding post

A wise man once said "Ever notice how the 'stay out of the gym and grow' crowd quit growing?"

It might work for a while, especially for athletes that have pushed themselves hard for long periods of time, or for newbs, but I can't believe it is a sustainable program.

Back