• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Cube Method

I am not, but I was curious to see what the cube method is. I put together a summary of what I found, though...looks interesting!

WORKOUT OVERVIEW

Experience: Advanced, Beginner, Intermediate
Days per week: Four, Three
Equipment: Barbell, Bench Press, Squat Rack
Great for: Everyone, Powerlifter
Primary Focus: Full Body

The Cube Method is all about basics. It focuses on the squat, bench, and deadlift, commonly referred to as the big three. Lifters of all experiences can train using this method and focuses on three main training methods. It starts with heavy work, then explosive work, and finishes with repetition work. It is a 10 week training program that will have you training three or four days per week. Brandon Lilly prefers training four days per week, with the fourth day focusing on bodybuilding/accessory work. Week 10 will be considered your meet week. If you’re not competing, then week 10 will be considered a “mock meet” where you will attempt new PR’s. You will then base your next 10 week cycle off of your new PR’s.

WEEK 1 WEEK 2 WEEK 3
Deadlifts Heavy Work Explosive Work Repetition Work

Bench Press Explosive Work Repetition Work Heavy Work

Squat Repetition Work Heavy Work Explosive Work

During the 10 week program you will go through waves. Each wave is 3 weeks for bench, squat, and deadlift. On week four you will recycle the wave. You will never train heavy on two lifts in the same week. After you perform your main lifts, pick 3-4 exercises and perform them bodybuilding style.

During your bodybuilding day you will want to focus on your weaknesses. Pick 3-4 exercises that focus on your weak points and perform each exercise for roughly 8-20 repetitions.

I am not, but will be checking in to hear from those who do. In my ripe old broken beat up guinea pig age of 23, I've just recently come up with some understandings/subsequent routines that (after reading your post and hitting the web) have a strong relation* to the Cube's.

For any other followers, an additional sum-up of the Cube- heavy day, explosive day, rep day, and bodybuilding day.

*philosophy/overall focus though, not its specific exercise choice/waves. I hate waves lol

Last edited:
Back