• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Let's talk supplements.

exerciseordie

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
There seems to be a negative stigma about supplements around here. As I understand why some may think they are BS because they don't meet the expectations these big companies give you, I feel they do have their place in the fitness industry. Let's here what all you take!

For me I take

Fish oils
Vitamins
BCAAs
Protein
Creatine
Sometimes a carb drink
Fat burners
Test boosters during a PCT (along with clomid+nolva)
Pre workouts

Now I want to hear what all you guys take, also if nothing why?

Creatine is scientifically proven to be beneficial to muscle growth. Here is how it works in an easy to understand video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR3dDO1Sz0E)

BCAAs are very debatable depending on the evidence presented. Although many people say the data doesn't support the claims I will direct you to a video that pretty well explains how I feel. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYQzIKOKG3c)

Protein, Fish oils, and vitamins are pretty wekk accepted.

The test booster I use is DAA (proven)

Fat burners boost metabolism (not by a ton but they do)

Pre workouts boost energy.

BOOM

I take support supps year round, liver + cardiovascular + kidney.

Other than that
Protein
Greens
Multi
Fish oil
Pre-workouts here and there
Protein bars
Bcaa's

L-leucine is a known mtor up regulator and insulin sensitiZer plus can improve mitochondrial efficiency.

Taurine is great for a lot of things health and hydration wise but can also increase muscle density, contraction strength, and overall muscle strength.

Forskolin 95% clinically proven anti-catabolic fat burner

Arachidonic acid - more studies then needed to discuss. My favorite OTC supplement for strength, recomp, etc

Primavie - increases ATP, mitochondrial biogenesis and activity, and has been shown to make oligospermic men fertile

The list goes on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

yea i agree, and i take protein, multis, and pre wo year round. i will buy other things depending on what i need if i have the cash too.

A lot of these supps cost as much as gear! So I have become wiser as to cost to benefit ratio. I've tried a lot of products, most have SOME benefit. A lot did little to hardly anything for me.

Daily:
Multi-V
Fish Oil
Protein (daily) / Mass Gainer (during bulk)
Diet Pill / Fat burner (during cut)
Taurine
Glucosamine
Creatine
L-Carnatine
Glutamine

Have tried, or still use on occassion:
ABB brand NO grape flavor. Does an AMAZING job when I drink the entire bottle (2 servings)
Jack3d
1MR
GAT
Yok3d (during cut)
Tribulus (during pct)
Aminocore - helped during workouts. Will buy again when I attempt to do I.F.
Casein - I don't care about how this product benefits me, I can NOT drink this shit. Tastes like mud.

I'm sure I'm forgetting about various other supps I've bought on Amazon or from GNC when I was a newbie. But these are the most recent ones.

Support supps def! Fish oils, gluatmine, amminos, Combat protein, occasionally a fat burner, zinc, CLA, Multi, and def live off pwo! Been stuck on PNI Prodigy off Orbitnutrition.com.

Orbit must be out of the country. They wanted to charge me $24 for USPS international shipping that would take 21+ biz days. LOL. No thanks !!!!!

I was all excited to order from them too. Damn.

Orbit must be out of the country. They wanted to charge me $24 for USPS international shipping that would take 21+ biz days. LOL. No thanks !!!!!

I was all excited to order from them too. Damn.

Bro I like local stores that are owned by local people. I go in there, see if they sell you a line of shit, and walk away if they do. If I go in there and they are honest though and really seem like they are there to help you because that's what they love to do...they got my business.

Orbit is not out of country. You must have done something wrong.

Orbit is not out of country. You must have done something wrong.

LOL....I dunno man. I put the shit in my cart, and checked out. It asked for my zip code and the shipping charges were astronomical, so I canceled.

EDIT:

Ok, so I really need to pay attention. Somehow when I was keying in my address, I accidentally hit CA for the Country, not the State. So appearantly I live in Cambodia! LOL, I'm an idiot.

Thanks Z82, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have even bothered to go back and check.

Last edited:
Favorite site is getrippednutrition. There are deals every day and if you are on the forum and ask Trae, he will do his best to put up a deal for you on that product the next day...

Ordered 10 pounds of Dymatize protein last night from esupplements.....first time ordering with them, said it was shipped this morning. Only reason I chose them was because it was competitive pricing and free shipping....I'm a sucker for free shipping lol

Speaking of protein I need to replenish. Down to my last bag. Man where does it all go

I think there are alot of good supps out there but unfortunately there are a lot more bad than good. I remeber back in the day from cyber genix to mothers milk most of all fizzle out.
The first and foremost thing one should worry about is food! you put good food in your body and youll get results period. as far as supplements I use.
Protein
Creatine
Bcaa
fish oil
multi vitamine
Glutimane
and the ensure old peoples drink, it has calories and packed with good carbs.
over the years ive managed to get to 245lb at 6-1

Fish oil, BCAA and two to three times per week ABB NOsuperpump preworkout. Used to take everything and the kitchen sink but now in my 40's on TRT thats all I need. In fact looking back I am not sure all the stuff I took did anything? I don't know just my opinion.

Back