• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Shoes

Always have used Adidas Sambas, or old wreslting shoes ive had for years,

High top converse with ankle support cushion on the inside on any squat/deadlift day. All other days are usually one of my 10 pairs of nike free's...

I take mine off much to the dismay to other gym members......too bad...it was good enough for Arnold. My philosophy......when I am under a heavy squat or dead, I dont want a product manufactured in another country by someone I dont know who may or may not have made that pair the way they should or even a machine malfunction between me and the floor......sorry, just not taking the chance....

Now I do squats and deadlifts without shoes. But I am looking at getting a pair of dedicated lifting shoes. Looking at Nike Romaloes 2 and Addidas Powerlift 2

I have some new balance that are supposed to be close to barefoot. Ive heard Jordans are solid and jay cutler uses them lol. might get me some high top chuck T's though.

I love mine....that padded collar on the inside for ankle support really sold me on em and I haven't used another pair since.

None..... None is cool. No fancy 'weightlifter shoes' for me..... fuck that :)

Now I do squats and deadlifts without shoes. But I am looking at getting a pair of dedicated lifting shoes. Looking at Nike Romaloes 2 and Addidas Powerlift 2

Oh look guys, Mr. Moneybags just showed up! Haha jk brother.....

Im still on board with any cheap wrestling shoes. No lift, half the prices. Plus I spent half my life in them!

I like Vans LXVI so light and flexible good for everything. But many of my friends have otomix and love them

Also I have the reebok crossfit nanos, 2.0, and the 3.0. All excellent shoes. The 3.0 are the best though.

Yup I'm part of the barefoot crowd. Have had a few people ask me if it helps or why I do it lol, plus it makes me feel more hardcore.

Reebok Nano

3 choices- barefoot, flats, or a heeled shoe (heel is higher than forefoot)

barefoot- i tried it once deadlifting to shorten the pull n found it not to my personal liking. i found my foot trying to wrap the ground
like ur hands trying to grab a bar
-otherwise i have no issues, or know pros or cons on it.
-tried wrestling shoes which is a soft sole, but too much medial n lateral roll in the foot for me... didnt feel stable

flats -such as chuck taylors, shift ur center of gravity backwards promoting ur posterior chain
-chucks worked great for me for a couple decades. just switched to asics tokuten which i really like... same flat base but
less rubber on base thus producing a shorter pull, n more comfy

heeled -such as crosstrainer, runner, or boot, shifts ur center of gravity forward making more use of ur quads

so it depends what u r trying to achieve. i switch it up sometimes depending on my weak link and/or injury. u might consider a shoe with a solid base n not too squishy like soft running shoes and the fad reebok crossfit shoes. too soft a base will absorb all the kinetic energy n not leave as much in the elastic rebound. thats why weightlifting shoes have a hard base as opposed to squatting on a sponge. of course bar placement n range of motion will affect what muscle groups u target also. but i love box squats. just my 2 cents.

any thing with a flat bottom. chuck taylors, sambas are the two best. you want a flat furface

These are my babies
ymujajeh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Toe shoes, feels like barefoot and I don't have to worry about fungus. Helps drive through the heals as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to wear Chucks for DL and Rogues for Squat.

That said I have gotten my PRs in each with no shoes on LOL

I prefer stilettos. They just make me feel sexy when I lift. :jerkit:

HAHA. But seriously, I wear basketball shoes usually. Running shoes on cardio days (which is never) and nike free trainer on days I work out with my personal trainer. He has me doing stoooopid shit!

Oh look guys, Mr. Moneybags just showed up! Haha jk brother.....

Im still on board with any cheap wrestling shoes. No lift, half the prices. Plus I spent half my life in them!
forgot about wrestling shoes those a great too. alot of euro lifters wear ballerina slippers

I bought a pair of Fila Skeletoes for running. They didn't work out for me because I run on my toes so I wore them while I worked out once........Now that is all I wear. I love them.

Back