• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Dath's own Mass-Building routine (Being written, IN PROGRESS)

Dath

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
(This is a work in progress, and will be updated. )
1st update 9-9-12
2nd update 9-12-12

This routine as it's laid out if more for advanced lifter looking to add Mass. Variations made could make this an adequate program for a beginner as well

S-off
m-chest/tri
tues-shoulders
wen-off
thur-back/bi
friday-legs
sat-optional arm day
hopefully well have this all done by this weekend bro

Chest Routine for advanced training. Simple changes can be made to adjust this for a beginner. But typically total rep count is kept around the 25 count.

An initial warmup on the Pec Dec- warms up, stretches, activates the shoulders,and pectoral muscles while also flooding some blood into them.

very light weight, clenching the pecs at the point where your hands come together in front of you.
3 sets of 10-12

Now the work begins - I would always advise a warmup set prior to any lift.

Flat Barbell Bench press-medium wide grip taking the time to lower the bar all the way to the chest within a time frame of 2-3 seconds, increasing the weights after each set but still staying within the rep count.
4 sets 8/6/6/4

Incline Barbell press- similar theory to the above flat bench, but with a change to a wide grip on the bar, lowering in the same time frame of 2-3 seconds.
3 sets of 8 increasing the weight slightly each set.

Incline Dumbell flyes- supersetted with Dumbell pullovers for a nice stretch

Flyes should be done on a 30-40 degree angle elbows slightly bent to relieve tension on the shoulder area and lowered slowly to the point the DB's are parallel to the floor, and raised in a quick fashion to a point directly above the center of your chest, remembering to clinch the pecs tightly at this point.
After first set of flyes, lower the bench flat and using a lighter set of DB's start with Them directly above center of your chest, lowering them directly overhead until parallel with floor. This does target your lats but also does provide a stretch to the pecs in the opposite direction of the flyes.

Decline Dumbell press- at this point your gonna begin to feel wore down so keep the weight light, it's more about the reps and strain at this point and on the upward push twist the dumbells inward, again clinching the pecs together.
4 sets of 6-8
in addition close handed pushups ( 10 -15) can also really seal the deal between sets.

For those who like to hit the triceps on chest day

I find French presses are great.
In a seated position preferably back supported :Taking a Dumbell with both hands behind the head lowering all the way to the middle of the back don't cheat yourself, then raising it upward.
4 sets of 8 if you can muster it

For the final burn tricep push downs with a rope attachment being sure to flare your hands out at the lockout position.
3 sets 12-15

Back routine

Medium grip barebell rows-5 sets x 15/10/8/6/6
First set is more of a warmup set, feet are shoulder width apart, hands gripped 8" or so further out then shoulders, knees bent enough so your ribs are basically resting on your quads for extra support. Raising the bar up to the middle of your chest, and lowering In a controlled fashion. This lift in my opinion is the greatest all around back lift second only to deadlifts.

Wide grip lat pulls-4 sets x 10/10/8/6
Are second in my routine, keeping your back semi arched pull the bar to your uppers chest or even chin. Being sure not to develop a rockin motion at a steady pull and release pace, contracting your lats.

Close grip seated cable rows, supersetted with DB/ Barbell pullovers
4sets x 10/8/6/6. 4sets x 6/8/8/10
Keepin your knees slightly bent and clear perform the rows just as if you were in a boat. Beginning in sligtly forward leaning position pulling the attachment to your waist line ending just past an upright seated position and Keepingg elbows close to your sides at all times. Immediately jump over to a flat bench and perform your pullovers bent or straight armed from directly above your chest lowering your arms slowly to a point parallel with the floor and bringing it back up in a fast but controlled motion.

Standing Good Morning-3 sets x 12/12/15
Keep the weights light! I prefer to have my feet shoulder width apart and one foot further out in front of me for stability. With the bar resting on your shoulders (like a squat) bend your back lowering your shoulders to a point parallel to the floor and returning back to an upright position.

Deadlifts- 5sets x 8/6/5/5/3
one of the most important exercises a person can perform. I prefer them on my back routine days because I'm usually to shot to do them with proper form on leg days.
Feet should be shoulder width apart,toes turned outward slightly. I use a double overhand grip, chest out, butt up and looking forward. Your head facing down will cause you to wanna arch your back and this defeats the purpose of this lift. Using your LEGS push through the back of your feet lifting the bar..when you pull the bar to your knees roll your shoulders back raise your torso and come to an upright position. Then lowering in a reverse fashion being sure not to arch your back.

For those who like to hit Biceps on back day

I myself will do Single arm dumbbell concentration curls.
3 sets x 10-12-15 lowering the weight each set but increasing rep count.

I will also do preacher curls drop sets or one of my favorites
standing barbell curls in a drop set fashion til failure each time I drop 5 lbs off. The pumps I get off of these is unreal. Especially after all the work done during the Back Routine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuck! (Will do some mild formatting tomorrow, PM me when you have things to add Dath)

I really like this layout. I also must say I have a deep seated romance with french press. ;)

Thanks guys...should be some updates added today, have the whole thing in a good format by this weekend

I have bad shoulders so monday chest tuesday shoulders would be overkill for most?

Dath wheres the shoulder and everything else? I did the chest and tri yesterday and Im sore as hell from it! Id like to see the rest of your workout though

Looks pretty solid. Def taking some aspects of this into my own bulking cycs. I just dont have the gohonas to do deads on back day its just way too much. They always feel more comfortable starting my leg day with 3-5 sets of them. Then after do 2 sets of 2 plate burnouts till them glutes are screaming for ice cream

thanks for sharing, I hope you have great results. We train differently but if this way works well for you is what matters. greetings

I like this routine very much. Will be starting this next week... let you know how it goes!

nice post man, really thinking about throwing this routine into my mix

Back