• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

When You Look In The Mirror...

corrections101

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Do you not see what other people do? Real talk here guys.
For instance... Everyone I know from work and at the gym tell me how big I am...however...when I look in the mirror I just don't see what other people do. I'm not small...but I just don't see what others are talking about. The other day at work, a new hire asked me if I eat the weights or just lift them cuz I'm huge. I just laughed and told him I'm not that big.
My wife tells me that it's a complex... To me, it's not a complex...I just don't see myself as that big while others do. I'll point out a guy and make a comment of how big he is and I'll be told that I'm bigger...again...just don't see it.

So...does anyone else feel this way and go through this? Just looking for reassurance that it's not a 'complex' as the wifey says.

How real is real talk? Lol.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not big at all and never will be lol. People do give compliments on my legs, shoulders, and ab's but I don't see it like they do. I always strive to be better so I'm never satisfied when I look in the mirror.

What really sucks is when you get my age, and all your friends say "remember when you were huge!" Enjoy it now!

I just see 40 years of too much fun! Being in corrections, i imagine you always have some MoFos sizing you up, and that probably gives you insecurity. Insecurity has probably kept you alive more times than you care to know.

I don't think it's a complex. It's all relative right? You're big to them because they're scrawny sedentary types that maybe do some cardio when they get around to it. You see potential for gains because that's your goal and your hobby, etc.

If they said when you finished a 5k in 25 minutes "you're fast!" does that mean you're fast?

That being said, take the compliment because it's still true. You're already big. There's always somebody bigger,... or faster, younger, older, smarter, whatever. Enjoy who you are though as well as your journey.

I just see 40 years of too much fun! Being in corrections, i imagine you always have some MoFos sizing you up, and that probably gives you insecurity. Insecurity has probably kept you alive more times than you care to know.

LOL...Everytime I walk into a pod. Inmates either make a comment of how big I am or they just stare. It's gotten me into some shit a few times...but that's a different story.
I'm not really insecure...I used to be which is why I got into this lifestyle. Being 6'3 and 170lbs when I started corrections was a bitch...now being about 230 it's a lil different story.
I just really wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way. You hear people saying this and that...but just don't see it when you look in the mirror.

ok - yes. but if you saw me right now i think you'd agree! haha. I get this from my non-workout friends though or sometimes from casual gym-goers, they think I'm pretty muscular, I just see a plateau right now. Hence my 'its all relative' thing above.

Its all perspective.... here is something interesting. Most people have asymmetric facial features, and when we look in the mirror the brain corrects those irregularities so you actually she facial symmetry. Crazy huh!

I am the exact same as the OP. Get told that I'm huge but I just see an above average guy in the mirror

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
When I look in the mirror I see the best looking guy on the planet. Only problem is I am the only one who sees this . Lol. Jk, I do know some people that think this but IMO they are not. Lol.

I smell what your stepping in Broseph. People comment to me that i just don't see either.

I get it all the time but being a competitive bodybuilder, I can't just rest on it because I can't continue to improve if I think Im already there.

Icon

This is the story of my life! I hear it from everyone!!! I do not see it ether unless i eat dbol like candy. But ya def not complex thing for me ether. Itsnever enough! My girl tells me im absolutely crazy. Im 6'2 and 225. Idk im aimin for like 240 then ill prolly see it ha

I get it some..I am a little over 250 at 5'7"...guess I don't see it much...

If I'm in the gym with a tank top working out and I get a pump something fierce...i think im big for the moment. Then I leave the gym and I look in the mirror and I look like a shrimp. Everyone tells me im big and people ask "do you workout"...well no shit sherlock. But I think thats the lifter in us. It takes a special person to try to get huge. And that special person always strives for more. We will never be satisfied.

Nocode...I like your TJ quote. I'm a huge TJ fan.

When I look in the mirror, I get more focused on my weak points rather than stronger ones. God seems like I will never be satisfied. I guess as long as we keep improving and growing we will want it more. Either it will be the size or the definition or both.
Funny thing is I stopped focusing on my face. It somehow ends up being neck down. lol

Back