• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

starting off easy

captaint69

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I am really nervous about people at my work noticing big gains. I would like to stick to maybe Deca and start off easy. Ive had Deca before but only for 3 months b4 it ended abruptly. What would be an ideal dosage and timeline. I am not doing this for competition. I will be lifting minimum 3 times a week full body!

For me ,i stay covered up and ya they can see alittle
say you eat alot and drink lots of protein drinks,which is true...creatine etc. :eek:
u need to add a test base with that dca
Who cares wut any1 says ...ur takn care of yurself and gud health

Height/weight/BF%?
Diet?
Why full body 3x a week (instead of a split or a more traditional bodybuilding program)?

Post up and we'll start recommending some good cycles for you.

^^^ right here bro...I'd add your age as well

Was Deca your first cycle?

Shit My Vp walked up and made a steroid joke the other day as I've gained almost 30lbs in 6weeks. I told him I was just getting fat, his reply was doesn't look like fat to me... lol no one cares, just don't be a jackass about it. and never openly admit it

Height/weight/BF%?
Diet?
Why full body 3x a week (instead of a split or a more traditional bodybuilding program)?

Post up and we'll start recommending some good cycles for you.

5'8" 170#, 32 years old, BF% is a guess at 10%. I am not very fat but not totally cut either. I eat a variety of foods however I drink one glass of protein powder with milk a day. I always lifted full body because this is what my father recommended for me. This included bench, curls, squats, lat pull downs, skull crunchers, up right rows, shrugs , and back press. I would finish with stomach exercises. I never got serious but I am ready now. Are there any good threads for lifting programs also????

5'8" 170#, 32 years old, BF% is a guess at 10%. I am not very fat but not totally cut either. I eat a variety of foods however I drink one glass of protein powder with milk a day. I always lifted full body because this is what my father recommended for me. This included bench, curls, squats, lat pull downs, skull crunchers, up right rows, shrugs , and back press. I would finish with stomach exercises. I never got serious but I am ready now. Are there any good threads for lifting programs also????

ASF community,
We should get to work on this.

10%? How certain are you? Take a look at these for a good visual guess.
http://thisiswhyyourejacked.com/a-body-fat-percent-picture-guide/
http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

The lifts that you're doing (like squats, bench, skull-crushers) are good, but I wouldn't lift every body part every day. It's GREAT for beginners, but for people who've been lifting for more than a year, it's not enough recovery time, and there are better programs after you've lifted for over a year. I'll let others chime in with program recommendations, but I will say you want to lift 4 times a week.

What's your diet? If you really want those dramatic results, you need to be counting calories and protein. Go to fitday.com and register, start inputting the foods you eat each day. A scoop of protein in a glass of milk is about 32g protein for example. You need 160-170g of protein per day.
In terms of calories, use this to find out how many you need daily:
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bmr-and-daily-calorie-calculator.html
You are between "lightly active" and "moderately active" with that formula in the link. You should be taking in 2700-2900 calories on your workout days if you want to grow (and 160-170g protein).

As soon as we get you a bodybuilding-oriented lifting program, we'll lay some cycle info down for you.

Program recommendations, gentlemen?

Last edited:

Well your pop's is right with recommending full body workouts, they definitely have there place and do produce results!!
After awhile though it seems things need to be changed up some and you begin seeing guys working 2 muscle groups a day. For instance-

Monday - chest/triceps
tuesday- back/biceps
wendesday- off
thursday- quads/hamstrings
friday- shoulder/traps
There's lots of variations here the bro, this is just a quick example.

Next thing ... well actually the first thing is diet, supplying your body with the proper amount of proteins, carbs, fats to build muscle and fuel your body throughout the day.

In a perfect world, eating a balanced meal every 3 hrs or more frequently.
Rule of thumb for muscle growth is 1gram protein per lbs of body weight or desired weight.
Again this changes for everyone as well, plenty of guys are shooting for 1.5-2 grams a day!! Which can be hard to do day in and day out.
Water intake is very important as well, typically 1 gallon a day is what guys shoot for.

How long have you been doing the full body workouts bro?
Whats a rough idea of your daily diet.?
breakfast------
lunch------
dinner------
snacks------
And how often do you eat?

Also ultimately what's your personal goals brother?
Size... strength....speed...

---Rainier's a little faster on the draw :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]Rule of thumb for muscle growth is 1gram protein per lbs of body weight or desired weight.[...]
Dath's info is solid as always. Just wanted to highlight in the quote above that the 1g protein per lb of bodyweight rule he gives is where the 160-170g of protein estimation for you came from. You need to count protein and hit that target to grow.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
ASF community,
We should get to work on this.
Inviting submissions in the workout section, I can't believe we don't have this already.

After looking at that link, I would have to say I am closer to 13%-14% BF%. As for full body work outs I get into on and off. I either plateau, or lose desire. That is why I was eying some gear for help. My goals are to hit 190 lbs with under 10% BF%. I would like to get up to 300# bench one rep. Like I said it wouldn't be for any competition, just to get my confidence back and to feel good about myself. However if I could get on a cycle who knows how much further I would want to go?

As for protein I usually consume 60-90 grams in my protein shakes. After that I eat regular foods during the day. I have to work on that for sure. Have to start eating egg whites again.

So far I appreciate the feedback gentlemen!

After looking at that link, I would have to say I am closer to 13%-14% BF%. As for full body work outs I get into on and off. I either plateau, or lose desire. That is why I was eying some gear for help. My goals are to hit 190 lbs with under 10% BF%. I would like to get up to 300# bench one rep. Like I said it wouldn't be for any competition, just to get my confidence back and to feel good about myself. However if I could get on a cycle who knows how much further I would want to go?

As for protein I usually consume 60-90 grams in my protein shakes. After that I eat regular foods during the day. I have to work on that for sure. Have to start eating egg whites again.

So far I appreciate the feedback gentlemen!

Yeah it great to switch up routines bro, you don't want it to become stale/boring. There's SO many options thoughts out there on routines. Perhaps it's time to set up something different hit the gym 4-5 days a wk, lil cardio to build up some stamina as well. Eating is a HUGE key bro, yes you can jump on a cycle...gain some lbs but if your not fueling your body it won't stick, and that can be demoralizing as well. IMO your prolly better off waiting awhile to begin a cycle, get yourself use to eating 5 good meals a day, more if you can. That itself will produce some solid results coupled with a new style of training for a few months and during this time begin to learn the different compounds, serms, sarms, HCG that are part of this game and how they interact with one another. You seem to have the desire and your in the right place to get positive input.
You already have some goals-190#, a clean 300 bench. Gotta have these types of plans/goals to keep yourself motivated.
If you fail to plan- plan to fail.
Ask questions brother :)
your doing well so far.

Yeah it great to switch up routines bro, you don't want it to become stale/boring. There's SO many options thoughts out there on routines. Perhaps it's time to set up something different hit the gym 4-5 days a wk, lil cardio to build up some stamina as well. Eating is a HUGE key bro, yes you can jump on a cycle...gain some lbs but if your not fueling your body it won't stick, and that can be demoralizing as well. IMO your prolly better off waiting awhile to begin a cycle, get yourself use to eating 5 good meals a day, more if you can. That itself will produce some solid results coupled with a new style of training for a few months and during this time begin to learn the different compounds, serms, sarms, HCG that are part of this game and how they interact with one another. You seem to have the desire and your in the right place to get positive input.
You already have some goals-190#, a clean 300 bench. Gotta have these types of plans/goals to keep yourself motivated.
If you fail to plan- plan to fail.
Ask questions brother :)
your doing well so far.
Dath has some good advice.

It would be a good idea for you to run something like this: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wo...t-jim-wendlers-5-3-1-powerlifting-system.html (Wendler's 5/3/1) with 3 of the additional exercises in the "Bodybuilder Assistance work" section for the A and B workouts.

This would be a natural fit for you I feel, and it's an excellent way to start periodization with your workouts. Start eating big like Dath said (which is the other crucial thing to learn - use fitday to log your calories/protein from today onwards). The program fits naturally into 3 days a week too, which you mentioned you do, and would be a huge step up in terms of intensity and growth for you.

Run 5/3/1 three times and come back in 3 months. You'll have put on many solid pounds and lots of strength naturally, and then we'd all love to give you some cycle advice. I know it's tempting to start steroids now, but you'll be way more ready then I feel, and even though you THINK you've plateaued, it is introducing these two concepts (eating big, solid perfect get-big program like 5/3/1) that will let you explode through that plateau. It's only 3 months too!

Let us know what you think and if you have any questions.

Last edited:
What is the best combination of meds for PCT, in your opinions. I am researching this and would also like some personal opinions on this subject... thanks guys

What is the best combination of meds for PCT, in your opinions. I am researching this and would also like some personal opinions on this subject... thanks guys
It depends what you're running.

If it's not more than 16 weeks, this is a good 4 week plan

Aromasin 25/25/12.5/12.5
Nolva 40/40/20/20

I still stand by the suggestions offered in this thread, about waiting, and 3 months. I can't make you do anything, but I really hope you'll listen.

Back